944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyToday at 7:08 am by gwistrup

» Best engine uprights/plates
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Fesler Saratoga Top
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING! Parental discretion advised

+16
968gene
87-944S
RobotMachines
msmoorenburg
xschop
v8carreragts
ffmedic
turbobob924
944v8inDFW
Dawgz83948
Admin
gt1scca
Tetzuoe
m73m95
944-LT1
skywalker01
20 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty Recommended

Post  skywalker01 Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:19 pm

While working on this kit, I've found these products to be indispensable. The
body panel adhesive holds like steel, and the flexible foam, is great for filling gaps
between parts and preventing rattles - both are pricey, but well worth the
investment Exclamation
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty Re: IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING! Parental discretion advised

Post  v8carreragts Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 pm

I just bought some 08115 with mixing tips and the gun for $89 on E-bay.
v8carreragts
v8carreragts

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty Re: IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING! Parental discretion advised

Post  skywalker01 Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:31 am

Here is a shot of what I used the foam for. Being concerned about leaks and moisture getting into the interior panels and causing rust, I sealed off all the openings with fiberglass matting
(thanks to Mike [87-944S] for turning me on to that stuff), then I shot 3M 8463 foam into the gaps between the body part and the area sealed off by the fiberglass. Coming out of the gun, it has the same consistency as the panel adhesive, but within 15 seconds, it foamed like crazy! You need to work quick with this stuff because the tip mixes the compound and you will have a unusable tip within 30 seconds of stopping. I trimmed of the excess, I then glassed the work with more matting - essentially sealing it off.

I blended the tubs into the body and must admit, look pretty good by themselves. My wife thinks I wasted a whole bunch of time and effort trying to make something look good that is only going to be covered by the shell of the bodykit.... I just wanted make sure I didn't any issues with leaks down the road - no pun intended. I have some minor work to finish on the passenger side, but should have the shell on later this week.
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty glue properties

Post  xschop Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:05 am

Hey sky, your project looks more menacing than a V8 swap Very Happy

My question... how does the 8115 adhesive harden-up......solid, like fiberglass resin, or does it have some softness/give to it where it can be indented with your fingernail?

I am watching closely because I have the AllPorsche Racing Bumper delete and I want to smooth it into the rear fenderwell so It doesn't look like an Add-on....

Impressive skills and patience there.....
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:27 pm

xschop wrote:Hey sky, your project looks more menacing than a V8 swap Very Happy

My question... how does the 8115 adhesive harden-up......solid, like fiberglass resin, or does it have some softness/give to it where it can be indented with your fingernail?

I am watching closely because I have the AllPorsche Racing Bumper delete and I want to smooth it into the rear fenderwell so It doesn't look like an Add-on....

Impressive skills and patience there.....

8115 hardens like a fiberglass resin, but it's way stronger! A thin dime-like application is next to impossible to break - no give at all! AllPorsche Racing is the same company as IFC - I have the delete kit also, so you'll be seeing it here!! I couldn't believe how simple a solution it was. With a kit as costly (and embarrasing should it go wrong), patience is a must! Thank you for the compliments!
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty nice

Post  xschop Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:31 pm

cool, someone else can be the guniea pig on a mod Very Happy
I will be watching. Does 8115 sand very well, like fiberglass resin?
It sounds like an acrylic resin, the polyurethanes have a touch of softness to them. How about the foam, is it rubbery or does it tear like plumber's foam?
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:45 pm

xschop wrote:cool, someone else can be the guniea pig on a mod Very Happy
I will be watching. Does 8115 sand very well, like fiberglass resin?
It sounds like an acrylic resin, the polyurethanes have a touch of softness to them. How about the foam, is it rubbery or does it tear like plumber's foam?

Don't quite know the technical terms, but it sands well (and you don't have to worry about pocekts of air), so if your surface and sanding block is flat - it will sand flat. As for the foam, I thought about that stuff that you would find in the spray can at the hardware store. This is nothing like that - it stays flexible and does not get all 'crumbly'. You really have to work at it to tear - but at 40 bucks per applicator, I don't think you would not expect any less.
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:04 pm

I bought the delete bumper off tha bay and I don't think it will arrive with instructions. From the pics it looks like the stock rear bumper shocks have to go or be modded. Do you have an idea?
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Basically you remove the stock shocks and put the part on, (BTW - Tetzoue, when are you coming over, man?) then bolt the old bumper on (trying to see if you need to leave the rubber on or not). Really low-tech solution - makes you smack your head and say "Why couldn't I have come up with that!?"
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty rear delete

Post  xschop Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:06 pm

The 4th row of pics down is the bumper I will install. I hope this is the same one you're talking about. I want to flow the side area right into the side marker lights where it doesn't look like an add-on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  Tetzuoe Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:10 pm

ga! sorry! Ive been building my brake setup, and buying a broken plasma cutter... off fleabay.. pirat

the car will look so much more finished (than it deserves to) with a bumper.. just need to locate a fender too
Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:44 pm

xschop wrote:The 4th row of pics down is the bumper I will install. I hope this is the same one you're talking about. I want to flow the side area right into the side marker lights where it doesn't look like an add-on.

Did you get the bumper cover?? This is the actual part

skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Tetzuoe wrote:ga! sorry! Ive been building my brake setup, and buying a broken plasma cutter... off fleabay.. pirat

the car will look so much more finished (than it deserves to) with a bumper.. just need to locate a fender too

Well had I not hacked mine all up, I could have hooked you up with those. Mike (87-944S) may have one ..... depending on which side Embarassed
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty Hmmm...

Post  xschop Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:29 pm

I just asked the guy if it came with brackets or not. are those alloy or steel and can you take the mount measurements for me? I can make some on the hand mill real quick. Thanks
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:19 pm

xschop wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I just asked the guy if it came with brackets or not. are those alloy or steel and can you take the mount measurements for me? I can make some on the hand mill real quick. Thanks

They are steel - as a matter of fact, they had the Tru Value sticker on them. That's why I said it's a pretty low tech solution and you just mount the bumper to that, then put the bumper cover over the bumper.
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty ghetto

Post  xschop Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:26 pm

can the bumper just be left off? I mean if the shock is tossed there is no impact deadening/resistance anyway. Also if the bumper stays, does the cover get glued to it?
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:55 pm

xschop wrote:can the bumper just be left off? I mean if the shock is tossed there is no impact deadening/resistance anyway. Also if the bumper stays, does the cover get glued to it?

Don't think it's a good idea to leave it off without 'support'. But that's about it - bond it to the bumper/rear of the car and you're done! I was sorta scared to not have additional steel back there (especially here in MD). May not be NHTSA/DOT certified to 5MPH, but it's more than nothing.
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty dims

Post  xschop Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm

O.k. Then. I will follow your steps then. I'm not sure if those shock delete brackets will come with that bumper tho. Can you get me the exact measurement in mm from the center hole to the 944 body, the rest I can figure from my end. Thanks and good work. That'll be a sick mofo body fo sho.
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:10 pm

xschop wrote:O.k. Then. I will follow your steps then. I'm not sure if those shock delete brackets will come with that bumper tho. Can you get me the exact measurement in mm from the center hole to the 944 body, the rest I can figure from my end. Thanks and good work. That'll be a sick mofo body fo sho.

Guess I'll go out and get a caliper. But all it is, is two pieces of angle iron with a 1" piece of square stock sandwiched between. I'll get you the dims.
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tetzuoe Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:17 am

skywalker01 wrote:
Tetzuoe wrote:ga! sorry! Ive been building my brake setup, and buying a broken plasma cutter... off fleabay.. pirat

Well had I not hacked mine all up, I could have hooked you up with those. Mike (87-944S) may have one ..... depending on which side Embarassed

I shall be PMing Laughing its a drivers side, remember the car was so excited to get on the road it broke off the trailer and careened into an onramp
Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Here's the bumper with the IFC Racing Bumper 'Delete' Kit

With the bumper on I couldn't fit the rear on, so I had to cut the kit. Here's the driver's side.
(944-LT1 Neon is still there Smile)

skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

Post  msmoorenburg Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:56 pm

skywalker01 wrote:
(944-LT1 Neon is still there Smile)

The Neon's are peskey here is mine at the last modern performance meet

msmoorenburg
msmoorenburg

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty Guess what UPS dragged in

Post  xschop Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:34 pm

Hey Skywalker (can I call you Luke?)
Did you get the bracket dims, the critical measurement I need to know is the center of the bolt-thru hole to bracket/car body interface distance....Thanks in advance...
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:07 pm

xschop wrote:Hey Skywalker (can I call you Luke?)
Did you get the bracket dims, the critical measurement I need to know is the center of the bolt-thru hole to bracket/car body interface distance....Thanks in advance...

Sorry for taking so long - I was out attending a seminar. Here are the photos I took prior to installation.

skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

IFC Widebody Kit - WARNING!  Parental discretion advised - Page 3 Empty SMS

Post  xschop Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:09 am

from car body to center hole...... 2 & 3/8" is the unknown measurement I needed looks like. (I'm using the SMS method of measurement here) I'm double certified from GRD Technical Institute. lol!

Thanks Sky
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next