944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Fesler Saratoga Top
v8 conversion manual EmptyToday at 12:16 am by Ironworker613

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
v8 conversion manual EmptyYesterday at 4:14 pm by SpeedRacer11

» Rear coilover suspension setup
v8 conversion manual EmptyYesterday at 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» Best engine uprights/plates
v8 conversion manual EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
v8 conversion manual EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
v8 conversion manual EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
v8 conversion manual EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
v8 conversion manual EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
v8 conversion manual EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
v8 conversion manual EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

v8 conversion manual

+5
psymonr
Hotrodz of Dallas
Leva
spence
9sec
9 posters

Go down

v8 conversion manual Empty v8 conversion manual

Post  9sec Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:55 pm

I purchased a v8 conversion manual form 944v8s wiki page. 7 days and no tracking or responses to emails asking for a tracking #. seems im late to the party and apparently this isn't a isolated event. any one ever get their manual or should I just contact my bank?

I really want the manual over the money

9sec

Back to top Go down

v8 conversion manual Empty Re: v8 conversion manual

Post  spence Sat May 01, 2021 2:06 am

Contact your bank.... that manual is useless, there's more info on this forum
spence
spence

Back to top Go down

Post  9sec Sat May 01, 2021 8:53 am

spence wrote:Contact your bank.... that manual is useless, there's more info on this forum

guess ill wait until Monday. is there any "how to" manual available? I prefer to have something that shows the order of the swap rather than buy thousands in parts with no instructions and then try to figure out how it goes together. im mechanical but have never tried a project of this magnitude

9sec

Back to top Go down

Post  Leva Sat May 01, 2021 10:54 am

This forum is your manual. Everything you need to know is here. If you are looking for a step by step, just read one of the many forum member build threads. If you have any questions just ask. The swap is relatively straightforward.

Leva

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotrodz of Dallas Sat May 01, 2021 11:06 am

9sec wrote:
spence wrote:Contact your bank.... that manual is useless, there's more info on this forum

guess ill wait until Monday. is there any "how to" manual available? I prefer to have something that shows the order of the swap rather than buy thousands in parts with no instructions and then try to figure out how it goes together. im mechanical but have never tried a project of this magnitude

Top left corner is a wiki link. It has tons of info. Basically it is the manual. Plus there is a lot of info and helpful people on this forum.

And you will never get the manual you ordered. That guy is a flake.
Hotrodz of Dallas
Hotrodz of Dallas

Back to top Go down

Post  9sec Sat May 01, 2021 11:45 am

I appreciate the replies. the forum is a large help but literally hundreds oof foots and links are now dead since many of these builds happened over 10 yrs ago. I was hoping the manual would be the guide to the build but I guess not.

9sec

Back to top Go down

Post  9sec Wed May 05, 2021 1:57 pm

I was able to locate a pdf file of the manual. its 125 pages long full of information diagrams part # everything you spend hrs searching for.

if anyone wants this pdf message me with an email and ill send it to you.

9sec

MikeS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  psymonr Thu May 20, 2021 9:23 am

9sec wrote:I was able to locate a pdf file of the manual. its 125 pages long full of information diagrams part # everything you spend hrs searching for.

Hi there, I purchased the manual years back, but never received it, and unfortunately mistimed the refund request, so it would be great if you could email me a copy, I unfortunately don't have the requisite 5 posts to send a PM yet, so could you send it to my username but @hotmail.com please?

psymonr

Back to top Go down

Post  ptkorson Thu May 20, 2021 12:51 pm

9sec wrote:I was able to locate a pdf file of the manual. its 125 pages long full of information diagrams part # everything you spend hrs searching for.

Unfortunately new members won't be able to PM till we hit 5 posts. If you happen to get this I would love a copy.

ptkorson

Back to top Go down

Post  9sec Thu May 20, 2021 1:59 pm

ptkorson wrote:

Unfortunately new members won't be able to PM till we hit 5 posts. If you happen to get this I would love a copy.

post an email

9sec

Back to top Go down

Post  9sec Thu May 20, 2021 2:01 pm

psymonr wrote:

Hi there, I purchased the manual years back, but never received it, and unfortunately mistimed the refund request, so it would be great if you could email me a copy, I unfortunately don't have the requisite 5 posts to send a PM yet, so could you send it to my username but    @hotmail.com please?

check your email

9sec

Back to top Go down

v8 conversion manual Empty In need of pdf file

Post  MikeS Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:38 pm

if anyone wants this pdf message me with an email and ind it to you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 😊 thanks

MikeS

nphd2000 and MikeS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeS Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:39 pm

[quote="9sec"]
ptkorson wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MikeS

Back to top Go down

Post  gunnarsson Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:33 am

It would be great to get the manual, i just need som more posts before I can pm.

gunnarsson

Back to top Go down

v8 conversion manual Empty Year late but hopefully you get this

Post  Gutterboy Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:22 am

I started in the same place, bought the manual and yes it should be thrown out. 

Go to Raymond's build under ls1 conversions and read that tip to tail, this will give you a great idea about general order and one approach. I hope to add to this with my thread I dug up from the grave after 9 years and cataloging all my lessons learned and doing a things to keep list when demo'ing and dropping old block as well as the order of tasks and things that could save you countless redos. 

Kent's pdf's for all of his parts are pretty decent and much more than what I had when I first bought my conversion kit from previous owner of tpc before Kent.
Gutterboy
Gutterboy

Back to top Go down