944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyToday at 4:14 pm by SpeedRacer11

» Rear coilover suspension setup
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyToday at 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» Best engine uprights/plates
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Fesler Saratoga Top
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace

2 posters

Go down

944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace Empty 944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace

Post  Porsche951toLS3 Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:58 am

I found this at another forum and after purchasing it, I wanted to share my results.  Instead of pulling everything off of the firewall and putting that really cool large plate up for cracked or broken Firewalls, I found a guy who sells a brace that simply attaches to the (2) bolts on your clutch master cylinder and braces everything against the shock tower.  Very easy to install and I was amazed at the results.  I also understand that his new version will allow the brake vacuum assist to still fit if you are using it.

Problems solved for me.
1.  My brakes now feel solid.
2.  My clutch (a harder to push stage 2)now engages and disengages like it is supposed to.
3.  When my pedals are pressed everything feels stiff and the mushy feel went away.

Ok.......below is the copy/paste from where I bought it and the pictures speak for themselves.  I just want others to know this was a big fix for me and maybe it could be an option for you.  I was charged 103.00 total with shipping.  I am interested in people's questions.  I installed mine with a touch of silcone added where it touches the shock tower.  I did not need to add a screw to secure it to the tower.  NOTE:  I do not have a cracked or broken firewall, but I could see flex before this fix.

The guy I bought it from was Alan...........his email address is: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thought I'd post this up in case any of you high HP 951 guys with heavy clutches need one. I designed this for my v8 swap as a preventative measure (don't have any cracks yet, but I've heard it's just a matter of time).

If you haven't heard of the firewall cracking problem, here's my understanding... some cars (mostly ones with heavier clutches fitted) have developed cracks in the firewall around the clutch master cylinder due to the extra force exerted. I've seen a whole lot of crazy looking solutions to this that look only marginally effective. I wanted something cleaner looking and more of a bolt-on than weld-in.

Anyone who's interested in trying one, let me know. I am waiting on the fabricator's quotes right now. Figured I'd start with just a couple first to test fit them in a couple cars I'm working on. They will be laser cut from 13 gauge steel, press broken, welded seams, and then powder coated. I'm guessing they will cost about $150 each in quantity? **UPDATE** Price is $99 + shipping **

The basic idea is that it goes between the firewall and the MC, and the other end wedges up against the very sturdy strut tower. Optionally, a couple holes could be drilled to bolt it to the strut tower or through the wheel well. **UPDATE: After test fitting the prototypes, I do not believe that any drilling into the strut tower or wheel well will be necessary. The bracket feels very secure in its position against the strut tower. I plan to install it with just a layer of silicone between the bracket and the strut tower to prevent any marring of the surface from vibration during driving.**

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Porsche951toLS3
Porsche951toLS3

http://n4cr@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace Empty re: 944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace

Post  Worryless Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:34 pm

I realize this is an old thread but - I'm new to this forum and I am taking over a 948 build..... learning a lot here online!

Did you ever get these fabricated?

I would like to purchase one if you did.

thx!

Worryless

Back to top Go down

944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace Empty Re: 944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace

Post  Porsche951toLS3 Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:49 pm

I wrote this post as an end user. As you read through my review.....I put the email in of the person who was making them.
Porsche951toLS3
Porsche951toLS3

http://n4cr@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace Empty Re: 944 with LS3 Clutch Master Firewall Brace

Post  Worryless Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:54 am

Ah yes I see - thank you!

Worryless

Back to top Go down