944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyToday at 7:08 am by gwistrup

» Best engine uprights/plates
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Fesler Saratoga Top
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!

5 posters

Go down

HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  Empty HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!

Post  C4924S Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am

Hello I just got done LS swapping my 86 Porsche 944 Turbo, in this Swap it uses a C5 bellhousing and a C5 throwout bearing/slave. This car has the same layout as a Corvette with Engine up front, trans in back, with torque tube in between of course. A bell housing adapter adapts from the Porsche torque tube and to the C5 bellhousing. All clutch components are BRAND NEW, Including lines, master, slave, everything. The clutch setup we are using are all McLeod stuff.

the part numbers are:
Flywheel............McLeod 460530
Clutch................McLeod 272561
Pressure Plate..McLeod 360803

the issues are clutch pedal not returning and doesn’t feel like much pressure on the pedal. The pedal is moving the slave I do see it moving, not sure if it’s supposed to travel more or not. We tried every single method in the book (that we know of) we tried power bleeding, old school bleeding by pumping clutch few times, holding pedal down then opening bleed screw and closing then repeat, we even tried giving it its own clutch reservoir by cutting open a bottle and attaching it to clutch master fluid supply line and raising it high up and doing the old school method and nothing...I can’t seem to see any bubble coming out anymore from bleed hose attatched to bleeder Nipple. Just super lost....please help.....any ideas what may be wrong or maybe somethings broken or setup incorrectly??
C4924S
C4924S

Back to top Go down

HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  Empty Re: HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!

Post  Arthropraxis Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Sounds like air trapped somewhere. Either the master cylinder or slave cylinder probably. Crack the line out of the master cylinder to the slave cylinder, have someone depress the pedal until fluid starts to leak then tighten the banjo bolt back up snug. Then power bleed the system again. I had some trapped in my slave cylinder that took forever to get out.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkey Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:16 pm

there is an overcenter spring on the top of the clutch pedal. it looks like this

HELP! Clutch Bleed/pedal issue!  Hilton-albums-general-images-for-posts-picture3447-clutch-helper-spring

remove that spring. it can cause a weird feeling clutch pedal and cause the pedal to stick to the floor

sharkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkey Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 pm

in the future try not to make multiple threads, it just confuses things. but if you check your other thread thre is some info about the over center spring on the pedal.

sharkey

Back to top Go down

Post  C4924S Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:35 pm

sharkey wrote:in the future try not to make multiple threads, it just confuses things. but if you check your other thread thre is some info about the over center spring on the pedal.

my bad i gotcha. i cant seem to find my other thread anymore for some reason. what about the spring? just remove it? for bleeding? or forever? or..?
C4924S
C4924S

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm

C4924S wrote:
sharkey wrote:in the future try not to make multiple threads, it just confuses things. but if you check your other thread thre is some info about the over center spring on the pedal.

my bad i gotcha. i cant seem to find my other thread anymore for some reason. what about the spring? just remove it? for bleeding? or forever? or..?

I merged them for you.
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  C4924S Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 pm

944-LT1 wrote:
C4924S wrote:

I merged them for you.

oh cool thanks!
C4924S
C4924S

Back to top Go down

Post  948 Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Remove the spring forever. It is only useful when using high poundage pressure plates.
Though it can be done the way you are currently trying, the best way to bleed these is from the bottom up, using a pressure bleeder/injector to force fluid up and out into the reservior.

Back to top Go down

Post  C4924S Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:27 pm

948 wrote:Remove the spring forever. It is only useful when using high poundage pressure plates.
Though it can be done the way you are currently trying, the best way to bleed these is from the bottom up, using a pressure bleeder/injector to force fluid up and out into the reservior.

alright cool ill give that a try. i do have a remote bleeder installed that came with the kit. what tool do i use to do that?
C4924S
C4924S

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkey Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:48 pm

you would need a pressure pot bleeder to do that, like one made by motive products. they are a great thing to have, but i wouldnt run out and get one right away. id try removing the spring and seeing how it works.

some people have had issues with the factory master cylinder not moving enough fluid to properly actuate the clutch with these swaps, and as a result had to swap to a 13/16" clutch master cylinder. its sort of a case by case thing, some people need it, others dont. get it working first, get the car running and see where the clutch grabs, then go from there.

sharkey

Back to top Go down

Post  C4924S Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:13 pm

sharkey wrote:you would need a pressure pot bleeder to do that, like one made by motive products. they are a great thing to have, but i wouldnt run out and get one right away. id try removing the spring and seeing how it works.

some people have had issues with the factory master cylinder not moving enough fluid to properly actuate the clutch with these swaps, and as a result had to swap to a 13/16" clutch master cylinder. its sort of a case by case thing, some people need it, others dont. get it working first, get the car running and see where the clutch grabs, then go from there.

yeah thats what i meant by power bleeder. i have and used the motive power bleeder where you pour fluid into it and screw it onto the brake reservoir and pressurize the system. no luck...unless im not using properly..

the problem with checking if the clutch grabs is i pretty much have no clutch pedal still to work with..i have barely any pressure on the pedal.
C4924S
C4924S

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:49 am

I think weve all been through this. Only advise, try not to agitate the fluid (pump the pedal) too much as this will cause little microbubbles which will make bleeding the system very difficult. Can you see the bearing touching the pressure plate springs?

It will bleed eventually. Very Happy
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  C4924S Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:56 am

944-LT1 wrote:I think weve all been through this. Only advise, try not to agitate the fluid (pump the pedal) too much as this will cause little microbubbles which will make bleeding the system very difficult. Can you see the bearing touching the pressure plate springs?

It will bleed eventually. Very Happy

aww man i wish i knew this....i think its too late..im sure thats why at some points thwe fluid was coming out white...after letting that fluid sit for a while in a bottle it returned to its normal clear state...
C4924S
C4924S

Back to top Go down

Post  948 Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:45 pm

C4924S wrote:
948 wrote:Remove the spring forever. It is only useful when using high poundage pressure plates.

alright cool ill give that a try. i do have a remote bleeder installed that came with the kit. what tool do i use to do that?

To bleed from the bottom you would need a tool like this ==> Reverse Brake Bleeder

But as others have suggested, you may want to continue to try your current methods before spending some $$.

Back to top Go down