944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyToday at 12:47 am by sharkey

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 1:01 am by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 10:28 pm by Rond948

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 8:38 pm by Rond948

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

» Crank no start no fuel pump prime
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 pm by Rond948

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 10:15 am by dcoutofstep

» 924 that has been modified already
Spec clutch setup and master cylinders EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:17 am by Gutterboy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Spec clutch setup and master cylinders

+3
Arthropraxis
DVC
cfgioja
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spec clutch setup and master cylinders Empty Spec clutch setup and master cylinders

Post  cfgioja Fri May 13, 2011 3:59 pm

I have talked to Eric about my clutch issue here and was wondering if anyone else who installed a spec clutch has ran into a no pressure build up in the pedal situation. I am wondering if it has something to do with the spacer plate that I forgot to measure for and installed anyway.

I was just curious, I am in the process of pulling the trans to do a rear suspension swap and will slide the torque tube back in order to remove that spacer plate since I have not had a problem in the past with bleeding.

Last edited by cfgioja on Mon May 16, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Spec clutch setup and master cylinders Empty Re: Spec clutch setup and master cylinders

Post  DVC Fri May 13, 2011 9:41 pm

What is a "no pressure build up in the pedal situation"?
DVC
DVC

Back to top Go down

Spec clutch setup and master cylinders Empty Re: Spec clutch setup and master cylinders

Post  cfgioja Fri May 13, 2011 10:42 pm

No matter how much a bleed the system, I get fluid to poor out of the bleeder valve, but my pedal never gets stiff once I re close the valve and pump the pedal.

I never had an issue before, so I was curious if the spacer is possibly causing a bottom out on the slave cylinder. Eric said I needed to measure something to see if it was needed but I forgot about that when installing the plate.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Sat May 14, 2011 12:12 am

Here are a couple of threads about measuring for the shim, if you don't have one already.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

another with better pictures

Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  DVC Sat May 14, 2011 8:43 am

I can't imagine reinstalling the TT and trans without checking your clutch release first. Unless you wanted the practice Very Happy

I tried my Spec stage 2 with and without the shim, and there was good slave pressure with both (using 7/8 M/C). i ended up going with no shim as the TO bearing was lightly resting on the PP fingers, and I was happy with the release. How are you bleeding it?
DVC
DVC

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Sat May 14, 2011 9:14 am

FWIW, I measured mine with and without the shim. The shim was needed as the documentation said it would be with the Stage one kit.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 am

I would compress the pedal a few times, hold it there with a rod, reach into the bleeder and turn. I would get some fluid but nothing like I have before. this time it just seeped out. When I ran with out the shim it had enough pressure to squirt out.

Needless to say I am still running the stock MC. It might have an issue too but it didnt have any trouble building pressure 5 mins before I installed the shim.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Sat May 14, 2011 9:37 am

mine is a stage 2 kit with the aluminum pressure plate and flywheel.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  DVC Sat May 14, 2011 9:54 am

cfgioja wrote:mine is a stage 2 kit with the aluminum pressure plate and flywheel.

Same setup here. The supplied shim was so thick that the TO bearing would run into the back of the clutch hub and keep it from releasing. Still, I had really good pressure and a firm pedal. You should upgrade the master while you're on it. I use one of these for bleeding and it's awesome: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm really happy with this clutch, BTW.
DVC
DVC

Back to top Go down

Post  944convert Sat May 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Has this method been tried?

The video is over 7 minutes...you can skip halfway ahead and start it at about 3-1/2 minutes.

-Tom

944convert

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan J Sat May 14, 2011 11:16 pm

I had a similar issue getting the clutch bled the 1st time - Stage I with the Wilwood MC and S-10 slave cyl, so a different setup from yours. Have you tried pulling fluid through with a mighty-vac? That was the solution to get enough pressure to get the bleed started. I'm running w/o shim btw. According to Spec look for 3/8" travel.

I have only about 200 miles plus 2 track days on my car. The slave cylinder is leaking I fear as I've had to add a bit of fluid. Eventually I'll need to pull the TT out and check it out.

Dan.
Dan J
Dan J

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Sun May 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Dvc what masteer are u using with this setup? I got it working now with out of the shim.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  DVC Sun May 15, 2011 8:37 pm

cfgioja wrote:Dvc what masteer are u using with this setup? I got it working now with out of the shim.

Well done. I'm using the Tilton 7/8.
DVC
DVC

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Sun May 15, 2011 9:22 pm

did you have to run an adaptor or anything with the tilton? I was looking at the Willwood setups? didnt know if they were about the same.

Just looked up the tilton setups, what series is yours?
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  DVC Mon May 16, 2011 4:09 pm

I'm using a the te 75 series (PN75-875-U). Yes, it needed an adapter as it was clocked wrong.
DVC
DVC

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Mon May 16, 2011 6:24 pm

According to the two. Tilton is 3.2" from flange to outlet and wilwood is 5-9/16". Let me edit this. Wilwood has a co/pact version length is 3.3".

Can u post a pic of your tilton?

Last edited by cfgioja on Tue May 17, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  DVC Mon May 16, 2011 6:28 pm

cfgioja wrote:According to the two. Tilton is 3.2" from flange to outlet and wilwood is 5-9/16".

Can u post a pic of your tilton?

Will do!
DVC
DVC

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild Bill Tue May 17, 2011 10:53 pm

You have the bleeder hose at the 12 o'clock position? I used factory master and it gravity bled.. Make sure clutch rod isn't adjusted to tight so Clutch master piston is covering the fill hole.. Cheap grease gun hose for the bleeder hose. Might not be pretty but I haven't run anybody over so nobody but myself has seen it.

Last edited by Wild Bill on Tue May 17, 2011 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wild Bill
Wild Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild Bill Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 pm

DVC wrote:
I tried my Spec stage 2 with and without the shim, and there was good slave pressure with both (using 7/8 M/C). i ended up going with no shim as the TO bearing was lightly resting on the PP fingers, and I was happy with the release. How are you bleeding it?

I was going to edit but same thing... the shim shouldn't stop you from having a pedal that feels good. It might not release the clutch or it might push it to far but all you want in the released position is come clearance between the pressure plate fingers and the release bearing.
Wild Bill
Wild Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Wed May 18, 2011 4:58 am

Think it has something to do with my pedal adjustment, but I am upgrading masters too.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Wed May 18, 2011 7:16 am

The Wilwood MC' output ports are clocked at 9:00 when modded to fit the 944 firewall. The 13/16" Wilwood MC is easier to install because the body diameter is smaller than the 7/8" and the nuts turn freely after you grind a couple mm's off the inwards MC mount holes for Firewall stud clearance... it's all been posted with pics and you can do the MC mod with a Dremel tool or file if you're bored....

xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  DVC Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I hope this helps:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DVC
DVC

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 pm

See I am debating about just turning the master sideways and not having to worry about the adapter.

Does it cause any problems with your rod travel?
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Wed May 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Collin, you might want to check the Tilton pushrod thread size/pitch to see if it matches the adapter I machined for the Wilwood...FYI
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Mon May 23, 2011 5:45 am

robert, if I buy a wilwood can I send it to you to have the holes adjusted, my drill is fried and you make it look so pretty.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum