944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Fesler Saratoga Top
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyToday at 4:44 pm by JW1970

» Best engine uprights/plates
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by Nath1142

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyYesterday at 4:14 pm by SpeedRacer11

» Rear coilover suspension setup
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyYesterday at 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
LS1 ECU file needed EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

LS1 ECU file needed

4 posters

Go down

LS1 ECU file needed Empty LS1 ECU file needed

Post  hlricks Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:14 am

Greetings all. Need some guidance/assistance here please. Have an 89 with LS1 2000 that I waS eventually able to get started. I have spent months wiring and trying different files to get this thing to idle. I have no idle control and issue seems to point to TPS which > verified wiring and replaced TPS. Is there anyone that is able to share a base ecu file for ls1 with drive by cable that has been proven? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

hlricks

Back to top Go down

LS1 ECU file needed Empty RE;PCM files

Post  gwistrup Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:46 pm

I used an on line tuner to put the base tune in my PCM. The company was pcmofnc.com. You have to have HP Tuners to email them your existing tune. You also have to fill out a form that describes your engine. They will send you a tune that will get the car running well enough so you can make a recording of specific engine parameters. Send them the recording and your tune back with a description of how the engine is running and they will make adjustments to the tune to get the engine running correctly. I have sent my tune back twice and the car is almost there.
The PCM tuning process is incredibly complicated and to try to do it without any experience can be very frustrating. I also would recommend going to the hp tuners website to read up on some tuning basics. There are mountains of information there. I discovered that my engine had several problems with the IAC, base idle, and canister purge system that needed to be corrected before trying any more attempts at tuning the PCM.
There are several on line tuners out there. I had good luck with pcmofnc.com. Their fee is worth it for the time it will save you. Good luck, Gil

gwistrup

hlricks likes this post

Back to top Go down

LS1 ECU file needed Empty Re: LS1 ECU file needed

Post  hlricks Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:00 pm

I have the car running and if I disconnect the TPS, the car idles great at 900 RPM. I am even able to step on the gas and control the rpms up and down. When I reconnect the TPS, the idle shoots up to 4-5K. I have a tuner that allows me to make changes. What I need is a working baseline file that is setup for drive by cable. With that I can tune the car as needed. I just need to stop downloading files with no idea of their true reference and configuration. Thanks for the recommendation you gave. Much appreciated.

hlricks

Back to top Go down

Post  Leva Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:30 pm

Sounds like you need to configure the correct throttle body parameters in the tune file.

Leva

Back to top Go down

Post  hlricks Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:04 pm

Liva you are most likely correct. I appear to be lacking in the "configuring" process. Lol. Which is unusual because I work in the IT field. I was hoping that someone had a "fully functioning" file that they were willing to share where this issue was already addressed (it never hurts to ask). I have been trying to resolve so many electrical issues on this car created by the previous owner that I have been unable to focus on this one. I have downloaded a bin bile to get the car started and running but still need to get it to idle without issues. As previously stated, I have checked all wiring but I am not sure if that is the issue or the file I was recommended to download. Was hoping someone here had the "correct" parameters already and was willing to share the file. Thanks much for your response.....

hlricks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotrodz of Dallas Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:58 pm

If you are using HP Tuners, then go to their website and you can find stock tune files. You will have to create an account on HP website, but it's free. You can then download that file, and then copy/paste the parameters you need. If it's a different tuner, then I'm not sure. Basic parameters should be the same. Just depends on how the tuner reads it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What ecu are you using? if it's the 2000 LS1, it should have the correct info for DBC.
Hotrodz of Dallas
Hotrodz of Dallas

Back to top Go down

Post  Leva Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:37 pm

Do you have access to hptuners. If so, you can load the scanner and check tps function. With koeo, and accelerator position parameter channel logging, you can see what tps is doing as you press the gas pedal and verify voltage/opening percentage. That would rule out mechanical issues with the tps. Or, you can just use some jumpers and a voltmeter. After that, i would verify which throttle body you have. Any idea what the donor engine came out of? Camaro, Corvette etc? I believe the corvette ls1 came with a slightly bigger tb. If you downloded a baseline ls1 tune from a camaro and instead have a corvette donor engine, you would have to adjust the etc scalar figures in the tune file to accomodate the bigger throttle body. Ultimately, i would verify what engine and ecu you have, and then download the appropriate baseline tune. Like Hotrodz said, hptuners.com has any baseline tune you should need. If you start with the wrong tune, you will be chasing your tail with more then tb issues. Injector sizing, map sensor, maf etc numbers can be off.

Leva

Back to top Go down