944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Best engine uprights/plates
FiTech option  EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by Nath1142

» Fesler Saratoga Top
FiTech option  EmptyToday at 12:16 am by Ironworker613

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
FiTech option  EmptyYesterday at 4:14 pm by SpeedRacer11

» Rear coilover suspension setup
FiTech option  EmptyYesterday at 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
FiTech option  EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
FiTech option  EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
FiTech option  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
FiTech option  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
FiTech option  EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
FiTech option  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

FiTech option

4 posters

Go down

FiTech option  Empty FiTech option

Post  turbobob924 Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm thinking about the fi tech ultimate ls harness
Only 795 and it's self learning for future upgrades
Go tuner p to costsa lmostcas much
turbobob924
turbobob924

http://www.turbo924.com

Back to top Go down

FiTech option  Empty Re: FiTech option

Post  turbobob924 Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Wow

1 year later and no feedback???

Im dealing with the stock wire harness wire mess and have the new HPtuners MPV2.

Still think this is a better option!
turbobob924
turbobob924

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkey Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:56 pm

stock ecm is the best option for the power level of these cars.

the fitech stuff isnt that great. honestly im very skeptical of any self learning ecm. sure they might dial your fuel table in, but they arent ever going to maximize your spark tables, or cold start. had a car in a couple weeks ago with a self learning "throttle body" style system. sometimes it would stall after a cold start, other times it would idle high for 30 seconds and then slowly come down. i went to move it once and applying throttle it backfired through the intake once, then didnt do it again. once the car warmed up it seemed to run ok. so the reality is, whatever system it was, it was about as good as a carb.

sharkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotrodz of Dallas Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:37 am

I have had to deal with Fitech in the past, and will no longer do it. Had lots of issues getting Fitech to run properly. Car always ran very rich. It stumbled a lot on initial throttle tip in. After several weeks of changing settings and trying different things, I finally got it running semi decent enough for the client to be able to drive his car. He was so disappointed that he sold the car. This was in a 1968 Mercury Cougar with a fresh built 302 small block Ford that was only slightly modified.
We might have been able to do better, but Fitech's customer service was horrible. They absolutely didn't try to help us at all.
Hotrodz of Dallas
Hotrodz of Dallas

Back to top Go down

Post  turbobob924 Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Wow
Thanks guys

Sent from Topic'it App
turbobob924
turbobob924

Back to top Go down

Post  cazbah362 Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:51 am

So, I have had good luck with Fi-Tech.  I put a setup (more expensive version with wideband) on a stroked Chrysler 470 making almost 600hp.  System installed easy and ran well.  I actually bought the system used on CL.

As for HP Tuners -  with my 5.3 install, I built my own harness and sent my PCM out to be flashed.  For the  last few months I chased issue after issue.  I finally swapped my harness for a Painless - big mistake, more issues after issues.  I used HP Tuners to try and vet my issues - mixed luck, but ultimately found the PCM was bad.

Next step - I had an EFI Source Gold box ready for another project.  I used one of these box's on Hemi 5.7 swap in a Cuda - worked wonderfully.  I installed it in my 5.3 (944) project with all the issues, fired right up  and TunerStudio is free and easy and ultimately a lot less than HP Tuners.  If I was to do it again, I would use a MicroSquirt.  Positives on this are cost are way lower, quality harness, better product and easy to mount systems.  My car is an 85.1, so pulling the system into the car is a PITA.  and I can use my Mac - HP Tuners - no such much

I recommend you look at MicroSquirt from EFI Source - and a Zeitronix Wideband. Which wires in natively, compared to the HP Tuner / factory harness, which can be done but better be a on the high end of learning curve in harness making.

MicroSquirt will be a lot less all the way around, and you still have tuning capabilities.  As you learn and become more comfortable /  familiar, this will give you room to grow.  Also, they weed out some sensors, so a little less cost.    

My 2 cents

cazbah362

Back to top Go down

Post  turbobob924 Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:27 am

Interesting

I looked at micro and mega squirt as an option
Will circe back

Sent from Topic'it App
turbobob924
turbobob924

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkey Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:06 pm

while the microsquirt will run an ls engine, it only has 2 injector outputs and 4 ignition outputs, meaning your running batch fire injection and wasted spark, basicly 1980s technology. if i was going to use a megasquirt on an ls id be using an ms3x, or an ms3 pro. the ms3 pro can come with a plug and play drop in ls harness, it comes with a base tune, and it will do everything any other stand alone ecu would, but it also costs close to what any other stand alone does. the ms3x on the other hand is a lot cheaper, for around $900 you can have an assembled ecm (you can also buy them unassembled, and build it yourself from a bare circuit board) and the 2 flying lead harnesses. the ms3x is essentially the same ecm as the ms3pro, just in a different case, and it relies on you to figure a lot out. my first stand alone was an ms2 way back, it was a tough project back then, but i learned a hell of a lot about how an efi system actually functions, and i think thats the best thing about them. right now im actually looking at changing my ecotec powered 944 over to an ms3x.

if the megasquirt stuff interests you, i suggest heading over to diyautotune.com

sharkey

Back to top Go down

Post  cazbah362 Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:57 am

Sharkey - we generally are talking the same thing. If you want to build your own, like Sharkey said go to Diyautotune.com.

If you want to buy a built packages which are GENERALLY plug and play try: https://www.efisource.com/wp/ The below still have way more tuning capabilities, tunes, etc.

- MS3 Packages with harness (update Dekka 80's etc if you want them)
- Microsquirt Packages with harness

Then add this Wideband: (ZT-3)

http://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm

- You wire this directly to the EFIsource Gold Box (not sure on the micro)

Then you use this software:

http://www.tunerstudio.com/

-

There are many options, good luck with your decision, this above listed worked well for a simple hobbyist like me.

cazbah362

Back to top Go down