944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Fesler Saratoga Top
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyToday at 12:16 am by Ironworker613

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyYesterday at 4:14 pm by SpeedRacer11

» Rear coilover suspension setup
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyYesterday at 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» Best engine uprights/plates
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
Need pics/info of accessory brackets. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Need pics/info of accessory brackets.

+6
Arthropraxis
944-LT1
robstah
fliermike45
skywalker01
89VWdieselGolf
10 posters

Go down

Need pics/info of accessory brackets. Empty Need pics/info of accessory brackets.

Post  89VWdieselGolf Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 am

I just picked up a 4.8L last night for my swap.

I want to run camaro or vette brackets to keep it cleaner looking and provide more room.
[EDIT... How much room do you actually gain running the car brackets? I'm just thinking, i already have all the truck brackets, and plan on running a carb so the water pump spout wont interfere with the TB... it would be alot cheaper if i ran what i have]

Question 1)
are camaro and vette brackets the same?

Question 2)
if not, which ones are better suited for the swap?

Question 3)
The p/s bracket in the manual says it's for a truck motor running w/p spacers but i dont plan on spacing the water pump... do i just make that bracket thinner? or is there an easier way?

I plan on running an f-body crank pulley, and water pump, porsche p/s pump, and whatever alternator works best for the swap. (no a/c)

Any info on the best set-up to use would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff
89VWdieselGolf
89VWdieselGolf

Back to top Go down

Need pics/info of accessory brackets. Empty Re: Need pics/info of accessory brackets.

Post  skywalker01 Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 pm

The Vette brackets are NOT compatible with the conversion. No amount of adaptation will allow them to work. F-Body brackets are recommended. Any alternator compatible with the F-body bracket will work fine.
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

Need pics/info of accessory brackets. Empty Re: Need pics/info of accessory brackets.

Post  89VWdieselGolf Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 pm

from what i've been researching... are the f-body and vette crank pulley different?
89VWdieselGolf
89VWdieselGolf

Back to top Go down

Need pics/info of accessory brackets. Empty Your questions

Post  fliermike45 Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:28 pm

89deiselgolf.....Jeff

Can I suggest that you read the various sections of this forum and also use the search function.
Many of the questions you may have can be answered by this method.
There are numerous threads and discussions on relevant topics. In addition many photographs exist to help you understand what is required,

Hope this helps

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Post  robstah Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Yes. The F-body and Corvette crank pulleys are different. The Corvette one sits closer to the engine. From closest to furthest out: Corvette -> F-body -> Truck.

robstah

Back to top Go down

Post  89VWdieselGolf Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:14 pm

fliermike45 wrote:89deiselgolf.....Jeff

Can I suggest that you read the various sections of this forum and also use the search function.
Many of the questions you may have can be answered by this method.
There are numerous threads and discussions on relevant topics. In addition many photographs exist to help you understand what is required,

Hope this helps

i know... when you search for "accessory bracket" this is the only useful peice of info:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
but that doesnt tell me how the tensioner was bolted on or where the p/s is going to go
89VWdieselGolf
89VWdieselGolf

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Open Google.com and paste this in the search bar....

accessories and brackets site:944hybrids.forumotion.com

You can change "accessories and brackets" to whatever you want but leave the "site:944hybrids.forumotion.com" as this tells google to search our site.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:15 pm

The picture you posted was for the power steering delete setup. The pulley is a swapped ribbed pulley in place of the smooth pulley. That is how I have mine setup for manual steering.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  89VWdieselGolf Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:18 pm

ah.. that makes sense now Razz
89VWdieselGolf
89VWdieselGolf

Back to top Go down

Post  89VWdieselGolf Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:05 pm

what are more guys using? f-body P/S pump of the porsche pump?

everything that's coming up in the search is for LT1 or manual steering... i'm not new to forums, i know how to search... (i guess my keywords just aren't the same as what people are using in their thread titles)
89VWdieselGolf
89VWdieselGolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:26 pm

When you search do advanced search and hit the google button not the search button and you will get better searches. Just a FYI. You may be doing this already. It was posted recently that you can use the F-body pump.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Need pics/info of accessory brackets. Empty PS Pump

Post  fliermike45 Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Again if you search the forum there is data on the difference between Porsche and GM pumps.
The Porsche rack requires a higher pressure than the GM pump can offer.

Turnone offer a higher pressure GM pump suitable for use with the Porsche rack.

"ps pump" in the search data returned lots of ps info

Last edited by fliermike45 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added search data)

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Post  89VWdieselGolf Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:40 am

guys... comon... ive searched, i know about the gm pump mod...i dont need any more replies teaching me how to search. If you dont belive me, search my username @ vwvortex.com, it'll bring up the feature on my old car, my 9500+posts and many DIY threads i have made where people still message me thanking me... i know how to search i've used the internet before.

I just want to know when guys use the porsche p/s pump... what bracket do they use when NOT using the truck accessories... If you know then please inform me... otherwise please wait for someone else to chime in.
89VWdieselGolf
89VWdieselGolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:48 am

Here's the easy way to answer your question that has been answered a hundred times before Evil or Very Mad

Buy the Gm Camaro accessory brackets if you don't already have them! Use GM accessories, AC, Power Steering Pump, and alternator! For get about all the other parts out there! Just use what GM engineers designed to work together and you will have a functioning set of accessories!
No more reason to ask anything else about it. Shocked

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  89VWdieselGolf Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:51 am

i'm just going by what was written in the manual, and it says to use a porsche p/s pump... if it's not accurate, then i guess that was a waste of money
89VWdieselGolf
89VWdieselGolf

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:53 am

I designed my own bracket and one-off pulley for the 944 PS pump to bolt up to the LS engine...4000 miles on it now, zero problems.
I am waiting on another March Pulley to arrive and then I'm building the LAST 2 set-ups, one is spoken for already by MAP21. I'll have it ready in another week or so and will post it for sale....

xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:54 am

Please read more post about the manual too............ I would not suggest using it for anything more than wiring info, Which you can get anywhere on the internet.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:08 am

You are currently logged on to the BEST source of information for the 948 swap. The wiki is a great starting place. Only real advice I have to give for a newbie is be careful with your shaft Razz

xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  spence Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:49 am

89VWdieselGolf wrote:i'm just going by what was written in the manual, and it says to use a porsche p/s pump... if it's not accurate, then i guess that was a waste of money

You could get a manual rack and forget about all the hassle with pumps and lines.
spence
spence

Back to top Go down

Post  89VWdieselGolf Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:48 pm

xschop wrote:I designed my own bracket and one-off pulley for the 944 PS pump to bolt up to the LS engine...4000 miles on it now, zero problems.
I am waiting on another March Pulley to arrive and then I'm building the LAST 2 set-ups, one is spoken for already by MAP21. I'll have it ready in another week or so and will post it for sale....

That looks awesome!!! So from what i understand, truck crank pulley, truck water pump, your new bracket, and f-body alt bracket mounted to your bracket and it's all good to go?

If thats the case put me down for the last one!
89VWdieselGolf
89VWdieselGolf

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Yes, keep the truck crank pulley if you already have it. Tehone pointed out that the 2010 Camaro and the NEW '10 truck water pump has the snout out of the way of the throttle body, so just get one of those and you will not need water pump spacers.
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  laptop_geek Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:55 pm

89VWdieselGolf wrote:
i'm just going by what was written in the manual, and it says to use a porsche p/s pump... if it's not accurate, then i guess that was a waste of money

Got that right. It has been a little help, and was good reading while I was still researching, but not much help after I've started. I think the only thing I've used it for thats been accurate is the tranny ratios and the pilot bearing adapter.

spence wrote:
You could get a manual rack and forget about all the hassle with pumps and lines.

+1. Right now I'm loving my manual rack. I also do like the feel of it.
laptop_geek
laptop_geek

Back to top Go down

Post  89VWdieselGolf Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 am

i had a manual rack in my last project car, and while it was nice at the track... I didnt like it much anywhere else
89VWdieselGolf
89VWdieselGolf

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum