944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyYesterday at 10:41 pm by MotoRider42HC

» Best engine uprights/plates
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Fesler Saratoga Top
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett.

4 posters

Go down

Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. Empty Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett.

Post  golfduke Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:14 am

The porsche made it to it's first car gathering. I'll have video's and pictures later today, but the porsche, even in stock suspension and wheel form, was very impressive in the twisties. I need to stiffen everything up, but overall I was extremely impressed. The car turned heads for sure at a car gathering full of 3000gt's and Stealths Laughing

I need a bigger rad though- I was running up around 220 anytime I was on her, but it jumped right down after taking it easy.
golfduke
golfduke

Back to top Go down

Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. Empty Re: Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett.

Post  Tetzuoe Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:52 am

NICE! I love deals gap, after doing the run twice in the rain (in an overly enormous 1969 olds convertible... in a rainstorm) we got lost around the smokey mountains, there are tons of excellent roads out there.
this will be one of the first places I take the car when I get her on the road.

Last edited by Tetzuoe on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe

Back to top Go down

Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett. Empty Re: Deal's Gap, aka Tail of the Dragon in the porvett.

Post  944-LT1 Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:43 am

Hey Golf! Nice.... What were your cars specs again? Have you ducted your rad and/or replaced that sheetmetal crossmember thats in front of the rad with Erics (admin) tubular crossmember? Thats the way to go. Much more air flow. I was running a 1996 LT1/4 that ran 220-240 hot and after replacing that xmember with Erics, it was high 190's and 200-215 hot (stock pump and t-stat). Huge difference. Cool

Hey Jesse....you own a 69 lincoln conv??? We have a 1963 Convertible! Fun cars arent they?!?! Absolute BOAT. Cool Got any pics of it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  golfduke Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:01 am

I run an LS6 944 with a 951 rad and spal high cfm fans (big suckers). I am not sure about the crossmember mod, but I can say most likely no I have not done it Laughing care to provide me with a link? If not, I'm still toying with the idea of a completely custom radiator mount, angled forward and pushed up a bit to shoehorn a bigger core in there. A few friends of mine with LS1 RX7's have done something similar.
golfduke
golfduke

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:45 am

With the tubular xmember, I moved my rad up about 3-4" further forward. Makes a crap load of room for fans and such.

Heres mine with the LT.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Made by Eric (admin here). Maybe he has more already made?

Eric????

Heres the lionk to the store. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tetzuoe Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:44 pm

Sadly the fellow who bought the car (team mate for the rally) has a condition that is best described as automotive ADD, the thing sold about two weeks after the rally, so, technically I had one for a week. Laughing

worked reliably for the whole rally, until it got really squirrely at speed, we had ball joint issues which caused us to eat a few tires (just the inside tread lol) and were able to fix it to get us home.
the guy driving her on the gap (in the rain) managed to squeal the tires on command.
great cruiser though.

they really are boats, can steer it with your pinky finger and you get NO ROAD FEEL whatsoever, oh and a 90 degree dead spot in the center.

oh and the roof hydraulics worked but it was just a shell, so we put a tarp over it, a bar that held up the material across the back fell down and suddenly our aerodynamics caused the back to start to loose grip affraid
car is frightening.
Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:45 pm

they really are boats, can steer it with your pinky finger and you get NO ROAD FEEL whatsoever, oh and a 90 degree dead spot in the center.

oh and the roof hydraulics worked but it was just a shell, so we put a tarp over it, a bar that held up the material across the back fell down and suddenly our aerodynamics caused the back to start to loose grip
car is frightening

Laughing Laughing Laughing especially the 90 degrees. Laughing

944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  gt1scca Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:42 pm

Tetzuoe wrote:
'EM NO Lincoln, "dude...look like a Oachmobile"...

Razz

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tetzuoe Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:08 am

gah! I was doing that the whole rally, somehow I wired my brain to say lincoln.
Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe

Back to top Go down

Post  golfduke Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:11 am

Finally, a pic :p

for a turd, she doesn't look too bad here. I love the crosseyed GT racing buckets Laughing
golfduke
golfduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Tetzuoe Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 am

is that killboy? I know there are two folks taking pictures out there and putting them on sites, looks great What a Face
Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe

Back to top Go down