944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyYesterday at 10:41 pm by MotoRider42HC

» Best engine uprights/plates
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Fesler Saratoga Top
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness...

3 posters

Go down

An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... Empty An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness...

Post  gt1scca Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:35 am

Recently I posted this elsewhere...

"Megasquirt has finally reached out to the "Opti-impaired", sort-of...But without a reluctor ring for the LT1. Guess that's up to me...

You can build an MS system for about what the GM PCM and flash costs. The EDIS-8 (Ford V8) coil pack complete system (including crank sensor) can be bought used or new, and that leaves the reluctor ring, which will bolt onto the face of the LT1 balancer."

I have found a SECOND "OptiCrap" liberation @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Connection)

Here's an exploded view of all the hardware involved to equip an LT1/LT4 engine with the signals required by the Gen3 LSx PCMs. The 1x cam reluctor bolts to the cam sprocket and is located by the pin on the cam. The cam sensor housing replaces the optispark module. The 24x crank reluctor installs on the crankshaft and is located by the 96-97 LT1 crank key (GM# 12550096). No adjustments. Bolt it all on and it's ready to run.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Installation requires the LS1 PCM, new plug-and-play 24x LT1 engine harness or rework of the original LT1 engine harness using our DIY harness components. Anyone who can tune an LS1 PCM can now tune the LT1/LT4 engines using their preferred LS1 PCM calibration software.

LS1 PCM control, RoadRunner real-time tuning with EFILive, forced induction support, nitrous control, 4L60E/4L80E transmissions, electronic drive-by-wire throttle, and more are now possible on any LT1 or LT4 engine!

[Hell, it makes sense...the wiring colors and circuits carried over to the LSX from the LT...]
HOLY SH8T! Razz

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... Empty Re: An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness...

Post  Tetzuoe Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:56 am

GAH! Get this away from me!!!!

... I told myself I wouldnt (listen to my brother and) install megasquirt until I got the motor running!! Now the mere mention of it is putting a bug up my butt.

this is really cool though, I expect I will begin reading up on it.. (slow friday).

I really want 3.57 to come out, I hear there will be more support for the LS, you CAN also use the LS coil packs by tweaking a delay setting of some kind, I remember reading about this. I think the new version will have better support though (among other things) man.. cant wait...
Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe

Back to top Go down

An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness... Empty Re: An LT1 WILL run on the LS1 PCM and Harness...

Post  gt1scca Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:14 am

this is really cool though, I expect I will begin reading up on it.. (slow friday).

I really want 3.57 to come out, I hear there will be more support for the LS, you CAN also use the LS coil packs by tweaking a delay setting of some kind, I remember reading about this. I think the new version will have better support though (among other things) man.. cant wait...
I have been reading for 3 days...(600+ pages of the "MegaManual" online). The LS uses wasted spark (like the Ford EDIS), but the reluctor wheel is 24T, and machined as part of the crank. That has been the main "drag"...EFILive now makes an SBC / LT 24T "LS" reluctor.

EDIT: Did I say "SBC"...YES! The early small block can be "converted" to run LSX injection / harness and PCM with the '96-'97 Vortec timing cover...
v3.57 will add support for the 24T reluctor, etc.

Yea, awesome setup. BUT, the fact that the LT can be made to run on an LS PCM...I wondered if it could, once I saw the similarities of the harness configurations. My suspicions were correct...

Now I have to decide -
MegaSuirt / EDIS, or LSX harness and PCM / coils. Either way, "Sir OptiCrap" has been banished!

Razz

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tetzuoe Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:20 am

POOS! Razz

thats freaking awesome tho

Ill just start setting up as if ill go with MS, I have two camaro PCMs collecting dust, figure I can desolder the harness connector and use that to bridge over to MS (all inside the wire/relay case I plan on making)
Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe

Back to top Go down

Post  v8944 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:37 pm

i'm not that surprised...brendan at lt1swap.com, the guy who tuned my pcm tuned it to use an ls1 maf, sent me the plug, i wired it in (all the same colors) and it works great as far as i can tell!
v8944
v8944

Back to top Go down