944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptyToday at 8:32 am by Rob44

» Adapter plate
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptyToday at 8:28 am by Rob44

» Fesler Saratoga Top
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptyYesterday at 8:28 am by JW1970

» Parts availability for general maintenance?
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm by zenon

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 pm by zenon

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am by SpeedRacer11

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 am by Raymond-P

» Best engine uprights/plates
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm by Raymond-P

» Rear coilover suspension setup
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Looking for used set of Headers for LS1

5 posters

Go down

Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 Empty Looking for used set of Headers for LS1

Post  viperbmw69 Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:57 pm

Anyone have a set of headers used is fine for the LS1 944 swap? If I have too I will purchase the TPC headers but just seem expensive for headers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Has anyone had success with stock headers and modifying the steering shaft? Do the Stock Corvette LS1 headers fit maybe? No I have not test fit it yet.

viperbmw69

Back to top Go down

Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 Empty Re: Looking for used set of Headers for LS1

Post  Raymond-P Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:36 pm

viperbmw69,

Sorry, I have no headers to offer. Sad    

However I can tell you that I purchased 1st gen long tube headers from TPC back in 2015.  I had to make only one minor frame modification, and they're a bit closer to the starter than I would prefer, otherwise they fit great!

I understand that the current TPC headers have been redesigned to correct these issues.

One thing I've learned from using TPC products is that you are paying for the research and attention to detail that it takes to produce a quality product that functions properly and ACTUALLY FITS CORRECTLY.  It's hard to put a price tag on that.

For my LS-1 swap project, I opted for the standard "black paint" coating but then had them ceramic coated inside and out for about $325.

I installed my LS from the bottom with the headers installed.  I'm banking on not having to touch them for quite some time because at the end of the day, there is not much room in the engine bay.

Good luck in your search!
Raymond-P
Raymond-P

Back to top Go down

Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 Empty Re: Looking for used set of Headers for LS1

Post  Hotrodz of Dallas Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:33 am

No stock manifolds or headers meant for other cars will fit the 944. The long tube headers that TPC offer are expensive. The manifolds that TPC offer are much less money and will still flow more than enough for most mild LS engines.
Hotrodz of Dallas
Hotrodz of Dallas

Back to top Go down

Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 Empty RE headers

Post  gwistrup Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:54 am

I put the Renegade Hybrids shorty headers on my conversion and they work very well. They were not as expensive as the long tube headers but they were still pricey. Make sure you have your headers ceramic coated. It really helps with the heat under the hood.

gwistrup

Back to top Go down

Looking for used set of Headers for LS1 Empty looks i may have made a misstep?

Post  Gutterboy Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:52 am

i think i'm far too down the road of going back at this point but may have a chip in my favor with regards to cooler canadian temps even in the summer compared to say texas or louisiana with crazy humidity.

i have the TPC manifolds from my kit that i bought way back with Eric before Kent took over, and while wrestling engine in from the bottom they took a couple nicks to the black paint....

With having hydroboost all installed and hooked up, i'm not even sure extricating the manifolds with engine in is even possible if i wanted to ceramic coat them now.....

Might have already picked my lane...
Gutterboy
Gutterboy

Back to top Go down