944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Adapter plate
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptyThu May 02, 2024 9:35 am by sepheroth86

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptyWed May 01, 2024 8:32 am by Rob44

» Fesler Saratoga Top
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 8:28 am by JW1970

» Parts availability for general maintenance?
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm by zenon

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 pm by zenon

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am by SpeedRacer11

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 am by Raymond-P

» Best engine uprights/plates
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm by Raymond-P

» Rear coilover suspension setup
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Found this fuel cell install how to EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Found this fuel cell install how to

+2
cfgioja
v8944
6 posters

Go down

Found this fuel cell install how to Empty Found this fuel cell install how to

Post  v8944 Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:12 pm

pretty neat/some useful info in here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
v8944
v8944

Back to top Go down

Found this fuel cell install how to Empty Re: Found this fuel cell install how to

Post  cfgioja Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:28 am

I was wondering on fuel cells if you could still use your stock filler cap, and here they did it. I was afraid I would have to pop my hatch everytime I needed to fill up. Too bad I dont have all that fabricating stuff. I do plan on running either a 12 gallon or 16 gallon tank though.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Found this fuel cell install how to Empty Re: Found this fuel cell install how to

Post  docwyte Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:53 am

Why not keep the stock 22 gallon tank? I wouldn't want a smaller tank in this car...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Yes , what Doc said, with a modified V8 I wouldn't want that little of a fuel cell. You could pass everything except a gas station.......... Very Happy

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  962porsche Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:28 am

there are very little to no benefits for removing the OE fuel tank . the only place you can realy put a fuel cell is were the spare tire goes and thats not a good place to install a fuel cell . why ? 1st its past the rear axle line and 2nd if the car gets into a ass end crash there is not much room for the rear body panel to crush in before it gets into the fuel cell and 3rd then there is the size of the cell that you can install in the space the biggest cell you can go with is a 10 gal. fuel cell . thats fine if your doing 20 minute sprint races like we do in road racing but forget about it when it comes to street driving . the foam in a fuel cell does 2 things the 1st is it slows the leak down when there is a crash and the cell gets split open and the 2nd is to stop the 7 LBS per Gal. of inertia of fuel slosh in the fuel tank/cell . stopping the inertia is a good thing when it comes to cornering because it makes the car more stable in a turn . but the 944 stock fuel tank with its sadle design has very little fuel slosh so it does not upset the balance of the car when in a turn . then there is the weight of the fuel . with the weight past the rear axle line using a fuel cell it defeats the hole purpose of the foam in the fuel cell because you have just moved the 7 LBS pre Gal of fuel weight higher and far to the back of the car making the handling worst from the pendulum weight . the 944 has a very good fuel tank design being a sadle type tank and being infront of the rear axle line .
962porsche
962porsche

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:08 pm

never know that the tank was 22 gallons. I was thinking about the size and weight, plus the flow of a fuel cell at high speeds.

The saddle design does make some sense though, I was wondering why it went over the transmission like that.

Off topic some, but what can be done to the OEM tank to restore it to a better condition if it needs to be drained and cleaned to make sure not gunk from sitting is going to get sucked up?
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  v8944 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:54 am

wow...unnecessarily tough croud Rolling Eyes

i have a great reason: so i can run a square tank above the transaxle that doesn't block a passenger side exit exhaust. Relocating the dual exhaust to run to both sides instead of just one would allow me to route the exhaust OVER the axle on both sides, improving ground clearance. It would also look badass. Plus i have some serious slosh issues, don't know why you don't, but my gas gauge gets all effed up when i park on a slight angle left or right, or up or down...and i can hear the gas slosh in the tank (well i used to be able to before the new exhaust) when going around tight corners.
v8944
v8944

Back to top Go down

Post  Porch Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 am

Keep in mind that you'll be moving the gas higher up in the vehicle, which is going to have a majorly negative impact on your handling. The higher center of gravity is going to more than negate any "fuel slosh" issues you're solving.

Definitely not worth it for a second exhaust tip.
Porch
Porch

Back to top Go down