944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Rear coilover suspension setup
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyToday at 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyToday at 7:08 am by gwistrup

» Best engine uprights/plates
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Fesler Saratoga Top
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
New to the build and I have a few questions. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

New to the build and I have a few questions.

3 posters

Go down

New to the build and I have a few questions. Empty New to the build and I have a few questions.

Post  zeusrotty Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:04 am

I have a 1986 Turbo and Im starting my swap. I have some questions in regards to what I should leave in the car. Id like to have AC and power steering and of course heat. So do I leave any of the stock stuff in the car? Like the AC lines and such? What about the power steering cooler? And do I keep the condenser for the ac? And last but not least what brake lines do I keep if any? And how the hell do you remove the power brake booster?

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

New to the build and I have a few questions. Empty Re: New to the build and I have a few questions.

Post  Arthropraxis Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:05 am

Leave the A/C lines in the car. On the motor side of the firewall there is a 14 pin connector and a 2 pin connector that has a red and blue wire, you will need those. The condenser can be reused but it impedes air flow after 24 years of catching bugs, get a new one. I don't know about the power steering cooler. I don't see why you couldn't keep it. You don't have to do anything with the brake lines unless you want to change them. The brake booster unbolts from under the dash, behind the pedals. Pull the carpet back and you will see three raised areas of the insulation, cut those out and the bolts will be exposed.Take out the seat and steering wheel if you want to be the least bit comfortable.
If your motor is still in there, Clark's Garage website has a good step by step on motor removal.
Have fun.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

New to the build and I have a few questions. Empty Thankyou!

Post  zeusrotty Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Motor is already out and gone, and I already pulled the ac lines, but no big deal, I can throw those back in. Tonight I will get the booster out, and pull some of the interior. I'm so back and forth with how I want to build this car... Full race, or barely street legal race with the comforts of heat and ac... I guess I better decide quick.

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

New to the build and I have a few questions. Empty Re: New to the build and I have a few questions.

Post  Vorsche944 Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Sounds like you are ready to get going.

The piece of constant advice I give to those just getting into the swap is to sit back and define your requirements. yea, basic project management. Define what you want your car to be, and then try to build to that spec, creeping elegance can kill you and if you do not have a scope and vision of the car, you will waste countless hours chasing yourself.

Break the car down into parts.

Engine,
Suspension,
Wheels
brakes
Interior Seats, stereo, dash, gauges,
Exterior, Paint, Fenders rolled, headlight buckets, sunroof,

Take your time and think about how you will drive the car and use it.

Just my 2 cent, non-taxed of course.
Vorsche944
Vorsche944

http://www.944transformations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Good advise. The "while I am in there" things add up.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorsche944 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:30 pm

You have that right. Project budget went out the window a long time ago.

But then as I learn more, I want to do more.

Right now I am prepping for paint, body work, also redoing the interior. Still a labor of love.
Vorsche944
Vorsche944

http://www.944transformations.com

Back to top Go down

New to the build and I have a few questions. Empty ???

Post  zeusrotty Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:03 am

What about the harness's that come out of the firewall on the drivers side? dont those operate the lights? do I just leave those? And the pad wear lines?

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 am

Not the light harness. On the drivers side firewall there is a black 14 pin connector box, that is the one you will want. The wires go to the oil pressure sender, water temp sender, ac signal and some others I don't remember. Leave the lights and pad wear indicator harness. You will also need the blue and red wires that hook up a 2 pin connector on drivers side firewall for the alternator.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

New to the build and I have a few questions. Empty Awesome! Thankyou!

Post  zeusrotty Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Really appreciate all of your help!

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down