944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
fitment measurements  EmptyToday at 9:56 am by ndog52

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
fitment measurements  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 1:01 am by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
fitment measurements  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 10:28 pm by Rond948

» VATS Bypass/Delete
fitment measurements  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 8:38 pm by Rond948

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
fitment measurements  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
fitment measurements  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
fitment measurements  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

» Crank no start no fuel pump prime
fitment measurements  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 pm by Rond948

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
fitment measurements  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 10:15 am by dcoutofstep

» 924 that has been modified already
fitment measurements  EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:17 am by Gutterboy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

fitment measurements

3 posters

Go down

fitment measurements  Empty fitment measurements

Post  PorVetteNation731 Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:37 am

Well, hello all!!

This is my first post, been looking at this place for a long while now. Haven't started my build yet, mainly trying to figure how to do certain pieces before buying parts. I am not at home for a little while, so i cant get specifics for the cars. So, any questions are most likely going to be an IDK for a few months. lol, sorry in advance.

So, to start this off, at the moment, i own 2 84 N/A 944s. One is a 5 speed and the one i will build as a normal use driver, maybe 400 crank hp at most, nothing insane. I'm thinking, depending on what i can find engine wise, a slightly lopey little cam that sounds good and fair rpm range, DOD/AFM delete if needed. The 2nd car is an auto with all the basics for interior and use of wheels. it still has the 4 banger in it but it doesnt run. This car is the parts car and will end up being a toy car if i keep it. may sell it later, who knows. lol.

Anyway, i have been looking at the holley midmount kits for all the accessory bracketry and such. keeps it super simple. but!!!!! I need to know how much room is available from face of block to the fan and radiator. I will end up using the factory fans and radiator for now. maybe later switch to an aftermarket setup if something breaks. Second measurement, more or less, is for the intake manifold. I have been looking at the FiTech ls kit where it includes everything needed as well. but i dont know if it is going to fit under the hood. or if i just need to get a dorman replacement intake and what ever else is needed if swapped over. trying to do the cheapest route, but also, one that is reliable. Last part, back to the Midmount system, more or less, can you use a GM style PS pump on the Porsche PS unit? i mean does it have a proper amount for the pressure needed? dont want to blow it up. lol.

As of this moment in time, i do not have any other parts and pieces besides the 2 partial cars.
2 cars
1 Porsche Engine
1 radiator
1 fan setup
1 interior (mostly)
1 set of rims and tires

As soon as i can, i will start posting pics of the 2 cars and the build when it gets started!! Thank you in advance for any help and information!!

PorVetteNation731

Back to top Go down

fitment measurements  Empty RE fitment

Post  gwistrup Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 am

Welcome to the forum. You will be pleased how a V8 engine will transform how a 944 drives. There is a ton of information on this forum and there are lots of smart people to help you.

The easiest way to convert your car is to use 1999-2003 F body (Camaro or Firebird) front end accessories and intake manifold. If the Holley front end kit replicates the F body, then it should work. The next challenge you will find is to get the hood to close so you will need a very low intake setup especially where the throttle body is located. Once again, the F body intake will work well as long as you grind down the boss on the top of the throttle body. If the aftermarket intakes are taller than the F body, you will need to do something about the hood. You can use a stock GM power steering pump and it might work OK. Some people have had problems with durability and others have had no problems. My stock GM pump is on its second year and it is still going strong. A Turn One pump (they are expensive) will certainly work. Some people have used a power steering pump from the Jeep with a hydraulic fan.

Another bit of advice if you have not found an engine yet is to take the time to locate an engine with an aluminum block. The reduction in weight is worth it. Good luck, Gil

gwistrup

Back to top Go down

fitment measurements  Empty Re: fitment measurements

Post  sharkey Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:02 pm

i would recommend something other than fitech for efi system. its an attractive package, however from past experience with fitech product and customer service, my opinion is to look elsewhere.

sharkey

Back to top Go down

fitment measurements  Empty Re: fitment measurements

Post  PorVetteNation731 Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:17 pm

sharkey wrote:i would recommend something other than fitech for efi system. its an attractive package, however from past experience with fitech product and customer service, my opinion is to look elsewhere.

ahhh, i see, thank you. It is a very good looking package. lol. One reason i was looking at it. but i know you can get a Dorman OEM style intake for whatever head style you are wanting to run. like i said, not looking for insane power by any means. maybe 400. a small cam for a little idle. not too worried with weight of the engine just yet, more or less something fun to drive.

PorVetteNation731

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum