944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Fesler Saratoga Top
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 8:45 am by gwistrup

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

» WANTED: 948 Conversion Manual
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 1:52 pm by Elskeptico

» FS 1989 Transmission for 944
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 10:02 am by 87roadracer

» Honda k24 swap
Introduction and few questions from noob EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:00 am by 89EFhatch

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Introduction and few questions from noob

3 posters

Go down

Introduction and few questions from noob Empty Introduction and few questions from noob

Post  dougs951s Sun May 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Hey guys, my name is Doug. I am a long time 944 addict and currently own an 86' NA and a heavily modified 86' 951 with a big turbo, megasquirt, coilovers, ect. I just bought a 1986 944 with a 99% complete LT4 swap. This is what I know about that car so far:

The engine and ecu/electronics are from a 96 camaro, so this is an OBDII equipped 2 bolt main block. The PO said he believed the car was built with a Renegade kit. It has what appears to be an LT4 intake and possibly LT4 heads as well, 1.6 aluminum roller rockers, a pretty big sounding cam of unknown specs, and black pushrods which might not be stock. It also has LS7 lifters, an MSD ignition, BBK throttle body, and some unknown headers + full 3" exhaust. I have no idea how many miles are on it, but it sounds extremely healthy. Right now, my tach and speedo work, but the coolant temperature gauge does not. I am not sure what the best way to get it working is. The stock 944 coolant temp gauge is an M12x1.5 thread, and the LT1 sensor is 3/8" NPT. I can not find a male 3/8" NPT to female M12 adapter anywhere.

Secondly, the car keeps throwing accessory belts because the PO bent the alternator mounting bracket. Right now its setup with no AC, but does have PS. I plan to delete the PS and to get one of the brackets that mounts the alternator down low on the passenger side of the block. I will be using the wilwood manual master cylinder for braking.

Thirdly, I am interested in getting my hands on one of the firewall reinforcement brackets that wedge up against the driver side shock tower; where do I send my money?

Lastly I am interested in tuning the motor as I have lots of experience tuning 944 NA and turbo engines on stand alone ecu's and have also done Subaru and motorcycle tuning. Is it as easy as getting software and hooking my laptop up to the OBD port? I know the optispark is the weakness on the LTx motors; and I've been told I can delete it and move to an LSx type coil setup that is more reliable? Can anyone comment on that more? Looking forward to getting to know the car over the next few days. Thanks everyone!

dougs951s

Back to top Go down

Introduction and few questions from noob Empty Your 944 LT1

Post  Fubar Thu May 25, 2017 1:32 pm

I have complete install instructions from Renegade. You are welcome to call me and tell me what info you need.

Barry
703-728-7549

PS Here is your brace:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fubar

Back to top Go down

Introduction and few questions from noob Empty Re: Introduction and few questions from noob

Post  dougs951s Fri May 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Fubar wrote:I have complete install instructions from Renegade. You are welcome to call me and tell me what info you need.

Barry
703-728-7549

PS Here is your brace:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for the nice offer Barry, I'll keep that in mind if I have any questions. Just to be clear, this is a running and driving car that just needs some minor sorting. That link you sent me is not the brace I'm looking for, what I am interested in is the brace that presses up against the driver side shock tower. Some of you will probably know what I'm talking about.

So since I've had the car; I've deleted the power steering, headlight washer, and popup headlight system. I like my 944's in bare bones, no frills flavor. I am now interested in deleting the LT1 accessory bracket and running an alternator only bracket. Any recommendations for the best one?

dougs951s

Back to top Go down

Introduction and few questions from noob Empty Re: Introduction and few questions from noob

Post  sharkey Fri May 26, 2017 8:41 pm

im not sure if anyone makes that brace to sell. manual brake conversions vary so much that one off the shelf part isnt going to fit all cars. that being said, many people build one out of the old 2.5l alternator or power steering tensioners

sharkey

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum