944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyToday at 4:14 pm by SpeedRacer11

» Rear coilover suspension setup
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyToday at 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» Best engine uprights/plates
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Fesler Saratoga Top
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp

2 posters

Go down

one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp Empty one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp

Post  Diyman25 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 pm

when i first driving my LS1 968... one thing really bother me a lot is water temp

the temp really get high... like 210 with AC on. the problem will get worse when i try to do few WOT test....

I bleeding the system few time. it seen to help ... at one point i was thinking i have blow head gasket

and i even took out the thermostat and cook it .. it open at 180F...

i almost do every thing i could .

the car does come with stock 968 cat back. so that really bother me too. so while i was waiting for my custom build radiator

[url][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

i decide to build a true dual system first

of course the car sounds nice and low.. but not too loud...

one thing i notice is my water temp really drop.... i no longer suffer any hight water temp!!!!!

under similar temp and similar driving condion

i guess all those hot exhuast air get force stay into engine really rise up the water temp !!

so people here is one more reason to fold your love one to get a new exhaust Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Diyman25
Diyman25

Back to top Go down

one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp Empty Re: one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp

Post  87-944S Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:12 pm

A very long time ago, I posted on a now extinct board about using the 968 exhaust system I had like you did. I was advised not to, as that exhaust was sized for a 3L engine, and not the 5.7L I was going to install. I can see now that advice was very good, and am super happy to see this new exhaust worked well for you and lowered engine temps. I have seen other people with 968s have terrible cooling issues, Jim968 comes to mind. What mufflers did you use? I'll repeat myself from another post, beautiful work on the SS exhaust!

Please come to the Washington DC area and redo mine! I will feed you and ply you with alcohol of your choice!

Beautiful work, look forward to seening more of it.
87-944S
87-944S

Back to top Go down

one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp Empty Re: one reason to do a True dual is to reduce your water temp

Post  Diyman25 Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:54 am

87-944S wrote:A very long time ago, I posted on a now extinct board about using the 968 exhaust system I had like you did. I was advised not to, as that exhaust was sized for a 3L engine, and not the 5.7L I was going to install. I can see now that advice was very good, and am super happy to see this new exhaust worked well for you and lowered engine temps. I have seen other people with 968s have terrible cooling issues, Jim968 comes to mind. What mufflers did you use? I'll repeat myself from another post, beautiful work on the SS exhaust!

Please come to the Washington DC area and redo mine! I will feed you and ply you with alcohol of your choice!

Beautiful work, look forward to seening more of it.

I still have some cooling issue . aleast my AC wont turn into heater if i stock inside traffic or my water temp rise to 220F just cruising .
but is largely solve by new exhuast. Cool

now i am waiting my custom build radiator and 160 thermo. i will do some Track day test to find out

all the piping and muffler is build custom for my application as you can see even the rear muffler is offset to the side so i can fit biggest muffler, but all the bling bling is under the car so i cant really see it Razz

thanks for kind world and lets show how this type car can really do !!!!

Diyman25
Diyman25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum