944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyToday at 7:08 am by gwistrup

» Best engine uprights/plates
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Fesler Saratoga Top
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
What are you guys doing about insurance? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

What are you guys doing about insurance?

+7
docwyte
xschop
cfgioja
kevin924kevin
Admin
Rich L.
Arthropraxis
11 posters

Go down

What are you guys doing about insurance? Empty What are you guys doing about insurance?

Post  Arthropraxis Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:36 am

I didn't know where to post this, but it is a relevant discussion. I have been researching the modified car insurers and none of them will cover the car as a daily driver. Then you have regular insurance companies. They don't offer agreed value policies so in the event of a claim they will only pay book value for the car. How is your car covered and did you tell them about the swap?
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

What are you guys doing about insurance? Empty Re: What are you guys doing about insurance?

Post  Rich L. Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Mine's not insured but I'm in a different situation. While registered and street legal, it's driven only on the track. I got some good advice once to never take a car on the track that you can't wad-up and walk away from.

Rich
Rich L.
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

What are you guys doing about insurance? Empty Re: What are you guys doing about insurance?

Post  Arthropraxis Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks, for the reply. I have asked around. The consensus is to get insure the car as a 944 with comp/collision. It just needs to be legal, don't want the insurer to have any reason not to cover a claim.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:48 am

Talk to your agent, Most insurance companies will base their value and you insurance cost, on an appraisal if you can jet one done on the car before you insure it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

What are you guys doing about insurance? Empty Insurance

Post  kevin924kevin Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Hey all, i am in Canada, just go to a local Autopac and purchace.
kevin924kevin
kevin924kevin

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Im going through hagerty, gaaruanteed value insurance
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:15 am

With Hagerty and the other old car insurance company, they limit you to your usage of the car. Like to and from car shows and parades or some thing like that. As best that I remember. Most of us are using our cars on a daily driver basis and need more miles.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 am

What insurance? Just ride dirty Suspect

Farmers has mine as a classic.
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:54 am

Hagerty won't let you use the car as a daily driver. You need to have another registered car as a daily, plus Hagerty wants your car to be in a secure, covered garage.

They limit the amount of miles you can drive as well. Since mine isn't a daily, I'm probably going to insure with them this spring. Right now I have the car on my "normal" insurance, but if something happened to it, I'd really take it in the ass value wise.

Be careful with "stated value" through normal insurance companies, many times you're not paying for what you think you're getting. What you want is "declared value"...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  v8carreragts Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 am

I have Country Companies and have always had my cars covered on agreed value. No limit on miles. Although you may need an appraisal for the value.
v8carreragts
v8carreragts

Back to top Go down

Post  nasomi Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Has anyone had a "declared value" insurance payout? I've heard about it, had it, as have dozens of other people I know. However I don't know anyone who's ever had to deal iwth a payout. If someone has, could you please let me know if it was hassle free, or you had to fight, or what?

nasomi

Back to top Go down

Post  spence Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:20 am

One of my cars got stolen back in the day... Dealing with the insurance companies is a big PITA. Keep all your receipts & get an appraisal when your done. You have to prove everything! It is not a fun process
spence
spence

Back to top Go down

Post  Techno Duck Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Are you guys telling your insurance about the swap also so any rates would be adjusted accordingly? I am going to ask my agent tomorrow the hypothetical question about if i were to install an LS1.. Smile

Techno Duck

Back to top Go down

Post  nasomi Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:45 am

Unless you change the classification of insurance to hot rod/classic/etc your insurance comapany doesn't care. Or at least mine doesn't. It can be rocket powered 1972 volvo that does 0-200 in 4 seconds and insurance would still be $300/yr.

nasomi

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:58 am

Yeah and they'll pay out as if it's a 1972 Volvo, meaning you won't get D*** for it.

That's why you really need to get a declared value policy with Hagerty, American Collectors, etc.

Right now my car is insured with USAA and if the car got stolen they'd pay me for a '89 951 and wouldn't give a crap about all the money I have into the car for the conversion.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Techno Duck Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Yea you guys are correct. Just talked to a Geico agent and they said they dont care what engine is in the car, i will be covered as long as it was not drag racing, a DWI or on a race track..etc. I am surprised to say the least, i thought my premium might go up a little or something. I just didnt want to be caught in a situation where Geico would refuse to cover me due to an engine that is clearly larger was installed. And i also asked about an agree'ed upon value or having an appraisal done on the car, Geico no longer offers an antique / classic insurance. So looks like i will have to switch my policy to something like Hagerty.

Still trying to figure out the exact legality with the NYS DMV and amending the title on my car to reflect it as an 8cyl. I dont want to be in a situation where i have a inquisitive police officer wondering why i have an extra 4 cylinders under the hood where the registration still says 4cyl. I have heard two different things, but the consensus seems to be NYS also does not care what engine is in the car as long as its newer and i keep all the emissions stuff. That and i fill out some paperwork to just amend the title to reflect the right engine size.

Techno Duck

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Why would you have to amend the title at all? Every state I've lived in wouldn't care, they just care that the VIN# is correct and it's the proper make, model, etc.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

What are you guys doing about insurance? Empty insurance

Post  kevin924kevin Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:08 pm

It sure seems like it is much harder to have proper coverage in the US. When i insure my car the only question asked is the value. Is it over or under $40000.00, if above then a little higher cost. My car will cost me about $700.00 a year, full coverage. No tracking though.
kevin924kevin
kevin924kevin

Back to top Go down