944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Turbo Transaxle wanted
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptyToday at 4:26 pm by Raindoc

» Adapter plate
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptyYesterday at 3:06 pm by Rob44

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptyWed May 01, 2024 8:32 am by Rob44

» Fesler Saratoga Top
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 8:28 am by JW1970

» Parts availability for general maintenance?
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm by zenon

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 pm by zenon

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am by SpeedRacer11

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 am by Raymond-P

» Best engine uprights/plates
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm by Raymond-P

» Rear coilover suspension setup
LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic?

4 posters

Go down

LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? Empty LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic?

Post  dcoutofstep Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:38 pm

Looking to swap an Chevy Performance LS3 into a 89 S2. My days of having time to do engine swaps are long gone and I'm looking for any recommendations to perform this swap. I'm located in the DC area, but will drive a couple hours if needed.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

dcoutofstep

dcoutofstep likes this post

Back to top Go down

LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? Empty Re: LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic?

Post  Hotrodz of Dallas Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:07 pm

Not many shops doing these. We have done several, and have 2 here now to do. One was just shipped in from Tennessee. Have another one from California. We are in Dallas, Texas
Hotrodz of Dallas
Hotrodz of Dallas

Back to top Go down

LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic? Empty Re: LS Conversation Shops in the Mid-Atlantic?

Post  pipeman3rd Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:43 pm

I used BodyMotion in Ocean, NJ. They are generally a Porsche shop and have quite a large race team as well. They did an excellent job on my swap (as well as brakes, suspension, etc.). Best time to use them is in the fall. The race team consumes the shop in the spring.

Good luck.

pipeman3rd

Back to top Go down

Post  dcoutofstep Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:28 pm

pipeman3rd wrote:I used BodyMotion in Ocean, NJ.  They are generally a Porsche shop and have quite a large race team as well.  They did an excellent job on my swap (as well as brakes, suspension, etc.).  Best time to use them is in the fall.  The race team consumes the shop in the spring.

Good luck.

Thanks! I PM'd them to get more info. What conversation kit did you use?

dcoutofstep

Back to top Go down

Post  pipeman3rd Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:48 pm

I used most of the TPC kit. Kent's support during the build was exceptional. Worked really well except for the fans and fan shroud. I eventually replaced them with the RH radiator and it works really well.

pipeman3rd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotrodz of Dallas Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:56 pm

pipeman3rd wrote:I used most of the TPC kit.  Kent's support during the build was exceptional.  Worked really well except for the fans and fan shroud.  I eventually replaced them with the RH radiator and it works really well.  

Kent now makes the shroud to use the stock fans. It works way better.
Hotrodz of Dallas
Hotrodz of Dallas

Back to top Go down

Post  dcoutofstep Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:12 pm

Any other shop recommendations?

dcoutofstep

Back to top Go down

Post  milkman383 Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:37 am

dcoutofstep wrote:Any other shop recommendations?

We've done several 928 and 944 swaps, we're mainly an LS shop who dabbles in Porsche's (I've got 2 928s personally) We're backed up right now, to later in the year, but it is a project we regularly tackle.

(Carolina Auto Masters, Burlington NC, you can email me at jeff at carolinaautomasters dot com)

Good luck, they are really fun once converted!!

milkman383

Back to top Go down