944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyToday at 4:14 pm by SpeedRacer11

» Rear coilover suspension setup
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyToday at 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» Best engine uprights/plates
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Nath1142

» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 pm by lowform

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 pm by lowform

» Fesler Saratoga Top
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
post pictures - How do I post pictures? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

How do I post pictures?

+3
Admin
modenas
fliermike45
7 posters

Go down

post pictures - How do I post pictures? Empty How do I post pictures?

Post  fliermike45 Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Somebody help me please, how do you post pictures?

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

post pictures - How do I post pictures? Empty Re: How do I post pictures?

Post  modenas Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:26 pm

OKAY EVERYONE, HERE IT IS... now pay attention because apparently this is tricky for some people...

1. Go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and get your FREE account.

You can get this account by clicking on the green "Join Now" button...

2. Once you have your account, you will be directed to the page pictured below.

Click on the "Upload Now" button, and choose your pictures from the folders on your computer.

3. Once you have uploaded some pictures, you need to check the box next to the one(s) you want. In this example, there is one picture without a check, and two with... just so you know what it looks like.

4. Then you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the blue button that says "Generate HTML and IMG code" (*NOTE: this button will only be blue if you have put a checkmark next to at least one picture, otherwise it will be gray and "unclickable".)

5. After clicking the button, you will be taken to a page that looks like this.

As you can see, there are several formats for you to choose from... you want the codes in the box as pictured below, called IMG images for message boards.

6. Then, after you have copied them to the "clipboard", edit-paste them to the message box on the forum you're writing in.

HOPE THIS HELPS ALL THOSE WHO HAVE TROUBLE DOING COMPUTER RELATED TASKS! Grin Grin Grin
modenas
modenas

Back to top Go down

post pictures - How do I post pictures? Empty Posting pics.

Post  fliermike45 Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:53 am

OK, Thanks, I'm not a mental midget but it seems long winded!
Other forums I use are simply a case of uploading pics direct to the forum.

Thanks again for the tutorial.

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 am

That is the long way to do it and most of the time photobucket pictures don't work.

On the menu bar just above this post box, the little squares starting with B , in the fith set of buttons the second square is the image button. click on it. it'll give you a pop up with a menu to up load a file. just upload the picture file you want to post and when it's done uploading just click on the file link(it will turn to a blue highlight) and just drag it down to the post box.
And your done.
Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  modenas Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:02 pm

i was trying my best, sorry.
modenas
modenas

Back to top Go down

post pictures - How do I post pictures? Empty Posting Pictures

Post  fliermike45 Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:47 am

Thanks for your help guys.

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:59 am

Nothing personal Modenas, It seems every time I see a post with Photobucket pictures they seem to be "missing or not available " any more. I have even seen it here on some of xschop's post.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  andrewporsche Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:33 pm

that sounds waaayyy easier than photobucket ..
andrewporsche
andrewporsche

Back to top Go down

post pictures - How do I post pictures? Empty How do I Post Pictures - 2014 Update

Post  Raymond-P Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 pm

I did some digging around but could not find any specific instructions regarding use of the forum image server. So.... using Eric’s posting guide and a hint from him regarding the SERVIMG eFTP image server, and a lot of trial and error, I've managed to figure something out that seems to be missing from the “how-to Post” postings.  I documented the process for my own benefit and figured I’d share it with the other folks that are new to the forum.  Below is the process I used.  It's rather simple but essential.

1. Click on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and set up an account.
2. Upload your images to SERVIMG - select “forum” size (800 pixels)
a. You can do this independently or from the forum using the “host an image” icon (Q) which is the     1st icon in the 5th group.
i. In the “Upload your image” popup, click on the Choose File button and navigate to the photo you want to upload
ii. Click “Open” from Explorer and the file name will appear after the Choose File button
iii. Click on “Host it” and it will be uploaded in your SERVIMG “My Images” folder
3. To insert an image in a post, set your curser on the line following the text where you want the image.
4. Log on to your SERVIMG account and open your “My Images” folder.
5. Right click on the image you want to post and select “Copy Image URL”
6. Go back to the forum post and select the “insert image” icon (R) which is the 2nd icon in the 5th group.
7. Within the pop up box click on the URL: box and paste the image URL in the box. (Ctrl V does the trick)
8. Click on “Insert” at the bottom and you’re done!
The URL address will now show up in your post draft.  It will look something like this:
img (in brackets) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] old file path.jpg img (in brackets)

Click on the “Preview” button to be sure you did everything right and the image shows up.  You can also make sure it’s the image you really wanted.
There are likely some short cuts I don’t know about yet but this should get you started.  
Veteran forum users please feel free to edit as needed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Raymond-P
Raymond-P

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy944 Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:27 am

Admin wrote:That is the long way to do it and most of the time photobucket pictures don't work.

On the menu bar just above this post box, the little squares starting with B , in the fith set of buttons the second square is the image button. click on it. it'll give you a pop up with a menu to up load a file. just upload the picture file you want to post and when it's done uploading just click on the file link(it will turn to a blue highlight) and just drag it down to the post box.
And your done.
Admin

Hi Admin

I don't want to seem thick but I cant even see the "menu bar just above this post box", can you help please.....
paddy944
paddy944

Back to top Go down

Post  erioshi Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 am

One tip worth noting is that this forum seems to limit the picture width to 675 pixels for me.  When a picture that is wider than 675 pixels comes up, everything to the right past the 675th pixel is cut off.  If I open that image in a new window, I can then see the whole picture.  While I have not tested this behavior in IE, I have observed it using Firefox, Chrome and Opera with Windows 7.

What that has meant to me, is that I now resize all of my pics to a maximum 675 pixels wide if I plan to use them on this forum.

I have not tested for a height limit.
erioshi
erioshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Raymond-P Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:03 pm

paddy944 wrote:
Admin wrote:That is the long way to do it and most of the time photobucket pictures don't work.

And your done.
Admin

Hi Admin

I don't want to seem thick but I cant even see the "menu bar just above this post box", can you help please.....

This is a screen capture from my iPhone just to show you what your screen should look like when you click on "Post a Reply." You are using a PC correct vs. a mobile device??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Raymond-P
Raymond-P

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy944 Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:20 am

paddy944 wrote:

And your done.
Admin

Hi Admin

Thanks for the image but I'm am there now but when I go and click on it the drop down has three boxes 1) URL   2) WIDTH     3) Height............usually when inserting an images to upload it takes you straight to your own computer files to upload not asking for a  link  

Furthermore I am not a fool when it comes to pc either so it has left me thinking what am I doing wrong?
paddy944
paddy944

Back to top Go down

Post  erioshi Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:40 pm

The insert image button here is set up to link to pictures hosted someplace else.  I'm lucky enough to have my own hosting for other purposes, so I just use a directory in my "play" domain to host the pictures. A site like photobucket or other image hosting service should also work.
erioshi
erioshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Raymond-P Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:20 am

Erioshi hit the nail on the head. Refer to my previous "how to" post in this thread to "host an image" on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] server. You must do this to make the image universally available through its URL address which is actually what is getting posted when you "Insert and Image."
Raymond-P
Raymond-P

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum