944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:56 am by ndog52

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 1:01 am by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 10:28 pm by Rond948

» VATS Bypass/Delete
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 8:38 pm by Rond948

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

» Crank no start no fuel pump prime
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 pm by Rond948

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 10:15 am by dcoutofstep

» 924 that has been modified already
A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:17 am by Gutterboy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

A/C parts used for the swap !

+3
Porsche951toLS3
Hotrodz of Dallas
matt889
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 Empty Re: A/C parts used for the swap !

Post  Hotrodz of Dallas Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:59 pm

acorad wrote:
Hotrodz of Dallas wrote:Drier is located under the right headlight, right next to the radiator. Hard to get a good pic of it.

Excellent. Clean install, really nice work!

Andy

Thank you
Hotrodz of Dallas
Hotrodz of Dallas

Back to top Go down

Post  matt889 Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:39 am

id love some pictures guys i might start hunting parts down like the gm compressor and at least the fittings on the compressor so i can get some lines fab'd for this winter project ! does anyone use the stock porsche condensor and original lines/ dryer ?

matt889

Back to top Go down

Post  acorad Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:17 am

matt there are some pretty good threads on A/C, here's one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Andy
acorad
acorad

Back to top Go down

Post  Rothaus Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:00 am

dsrracer wrote:I talked with Kent and he does have the compressor, must have misunderstood- thanks for the note. I ordered the kit!

Did you received the AC parts ?

If so, would you post some information about what's included and how it will be installed ?

Thanks
Engelbert
Rothaus
Rothaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rothaus Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:43 am

I went ahead and ordered the A/C parts from TPC. I got the compressor, brackets, belt and dryer. I will use the condenser I have.

I need to find somebody who can weld these lines.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After that I need to find a AC shop who can make the lines.

These are the parts I got:

Rothaus
Rothaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rothaus Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:47 am

Just in time for cold weather, I finished the A/C.

I ended up making my own lines. Now the car is complete to use for any weather. There are still some cosmetic little things to do, it never ends of course. LOL.

Here are some pictures:

Cheers
Engelbert

Last edited by Rothaus on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rothaus
Rothaus

Back to top Go down

A/C parts used for the swap ! - Page 2 Empty A/C Parts used for Swap Questions

Post  Porsche951toLS3 Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 pm

I am currently installing the same A/C items you have........all from TPC.  Thank you for the pictures.
Can you take an overall picture of your hose routing? I am trying to understand where you put your dryer. The area does not look familiar. Is that on the passenger side with an after market washer tank?

I have an 86 944 Turbo which came with two switches at the dryer.  The first has been identified as in your pictures as the high/low pressure switch.   The second was a switch that was screwed onto a schrader valve at the dryer originally and "I THINK" it was used to turn the fans on when the A/C had pressure.  Can you confirm this or help me understand what that switch is for?  

I am trying to understand how to get my A/C compressor wire from the car to turn on.  Do I only need to connect the high/low switch for that to happen and press the A/C switch in the car?  Also, I think I have to have the engine running to check to compressor power wire?

Any and all help is appreciated.  I am mounting up the compressor in the next few days so I can measure for my hoses and off to the a/c shop for Freon.  Again, if you see anything that I am doing wrong or forgetting, I am thankful for the info.
Porsche951toLS3
Porsche951toLS3

http://n4cr@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rothaus Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:00 pm

The dryer is located at the right side below the headlight. I don't have the normal headlights.

The high pressure line in this picture is routed to the dryer.

My car had only one pressure switch, which was located in the line from the dryer. I installed a new switch direct in the port of the dryer. The power to the compressor clutch is switched by the low pressure switch I installed in the dryer.

I reduced the size of the pictures in this post, it looks like they are cut of at previous post.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Engelbert
Rothaus
Rothaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche951toLS3 Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:10 pm

I got my TPC compressor and mount connected up. I ended up with ALOT more room swapping out the TPC engine mounts and pulling out the melted RH mounts. I am now going to attach a belt, but this does not line up with the inner belt line. I am assuming it uses the outside belt. Would you be kind enough to post a picture of your belt routing and the belt size you used? I am almost done and appreciate your help.

Porsche951toLS3
Porsche951toLS3

Back to top Go down

Post  Rothaus Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:37 am

Porsche951toLS3 wrote:I got my TPC compressor and mount connected up.  I ended up with ALOT more room swapping out the TPC engine mounts and pulling out the melted RH mounts.  I am now going to attach a belt, but this does not line up with the inner belt line.  I am assuming it uses the outside belt.  Would you be kind enough to post a picture of your belt routing and the belt size you used?  I am almost done and appreciate your help.

I used the small belt, which came with the TPC compressor, I had to remove the main belt, since it goes on the inside pully. The compressor has a wider pully and the belt just uses part of the width of the pully. All lined up OK.

Here is the picture.

Rothaus
Rothaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche951toLS3 Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:12 pm

I have a call into Kent since mine is about 1.25" forward of where it needs to be.  My engine is an LS3 6.2 liter and I don't know if all of this lines up differently or if he has a different bracket for this engine.
Here is a picture of mine and how it lines up.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Porsche951toLS3 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Pictures)
Porsche951toLS3
Porsche951toLS3

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche951toLS3 Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:49 pm

I called Kent Marr at TPC who went out of his way to figure out what I needed to make this work.  My LS3 6.2 engine is setup like a CTSV or Corvette spacing which means I cannot use the same bracket and compressor (which I had purchased) in this post.  Kent had me get the following bracket to fit my application.  The previous pictures show the problem I had.  I purchased the following from Amazon to fit my engine.  This might be helpful to those who are trying to figure out what to purchase.  I will update all of this after it all comes in and I get it installed.  I purchased a bracket, a/c compressor and compressor manifold.  
1.  Dirty Dingo LS Passenger Side Low Mount A/C Bracket SD7B10 (works for all 3 spacing) 142.99
2.  Dirty Dingo Sanden SD7B10 Mini A/C Compressor Satin Finish 179.99
3.  Dirty Dingo Sanden SD7B10 Billet A/C Compressor Fitting   (Manifold) 48.99

This is what it looks like installed without the hoses:  I hope this is helping others.

Last edited by Porsche951toLS3 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Remove picture)
Porsche951toLS3
Porsche951toLS3

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum