944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptyToday at 8:32 am by Rob44

» Adapter plate
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptyToday at 8:28 am by Rob44

» Fesler Saratoga Top
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptyYesterday at 8:28 am by JW1970

» Parts availability for general maintenance?
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm by zenon

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 pm by zenon

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am by SpeedRacer11

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 am by Raymond-P

» Best engine uprights/plates
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm by Raymond-P

» Rear coilover suspension setup
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator?

2 posters

Go down

What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? Empty What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator?

Post  acorad Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:39 pm

What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? It goes from the back of the gen to the battery.

I pulled my steering rack to rebuild it, and with it gone I saw that the existing battery charging wire is routed through the header, and the header has chaffed it down to the copper.

There must be a better way to route it?

Also, what gauge, 6? 8?

Thanks!

Andy
acorad
acorad

Back to top Go down

What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? Empty Re: What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator?

Post  Hotrodz of Dallas Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:59 pm

I route mine out to the frame and in front of the radiator to the other side, then to the main starter post where the battery cable attaches. I always use a 6ga wire. Kinda long, but nothing to rub through it that way.
Hotrodz of Dallas
Hotrodz of Dallas

Back to top Go down

What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator? Empty Re: What route are you using for the battery charging wire from the generator?

Post  acorad Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Hotrodz of Dallas wrote:I route mine out to the frame and in front of the radiator to the other side, then to the main starter post where the battery cable attaches. I always use a 6ga wire. Kinda long, but nothing to rub through it that way.

Did not think of that route, thanks!

Andy
acorad
acorad

Back to top Go down