944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» LEAKING TPC HYDROBOOST
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptyToday at 8:32 am by Rob44

» Adapter plate
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptyToday at 8:28 am by Rob44

» Fesler Saratoga Top
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptyYesterday at 8:28 am by JW1970

» Parts availability for general maintenance?
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm by zenon

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 pm by zenon

» 944 Turbo TPC Radiator Install Help Needed
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am by SpeedRacer11

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptySun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 am by Raymond-P

» Best engine uprights/plates
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm by Raymond-P

» Rear coilover suspension setup
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm by ThomasJoseph315

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Turbo Bumper Conversion EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Turbo Bumper Conversion

4 posters

Go down

Turbo Bumper Conversion Empty Turbo Bumper Conversion

Post  Punisher948 Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:19 pm

has anyone heard of or considered this front bumper conversion?
if so what are your thoughts and impression of the product. my car is a 85 (late), and i am considering this product. i have searched and it seems that Porsche was very proud of the driving lights (AKA Fog lights) for that reason i was considering turning the driving light into a brake cooling duct.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Punisher948

Back to top Go down

Turbo Bumper Conversion Empty Re: Turbo Bumper Conversion

Post  Remy6908 Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:00 am

The look is better then the original big metal bumper in my opinion but it's not as straight forward as the site you linked says. Unless it's already made to fit the na fenders and header panel. You will either need to modify your fenders or replace with turbo fenders as well as replace the header panel between the headlights and headlight lids with the turbo to make it fit properly.

Check this out.....http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?board=944body;action=display;num=1294680012
Remy6908
Remy6908

Back to top Go down

Post  pormgb Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:06 am

Punisher948 wrote:has anyone heard of or considered this front bumper conversion?
if so what are your thoughts and impression of the product. my car is a 85 (late), and i am considering this product. i have searched and it seems that Porsche was very proud of the driving lights (AKA Fog lights) for that reason i was considering turning the driving light into a brake cooling duct.

To add to Remy6908 comments.
I would stay away from those turbo look bumper covers, most are made from fiberglass and require allot of trimming for a good fit. I once had one on my 944 and I hated it, I eventually sold it and went with a proper turbo bumper cover (found a red one with lights).

If you don’t want to go with turbo fenders, you can trim your N/A fenders to match the turbo bumper cover. If you go this route, you will need the turbo bumper support, bumper shocks, header panel, headlight covers and modify your N/A lights wiring harness.

I would look around for a complete bumper cover, you may find one that matches your paint (I did), trim you fenders and you are done (not that hard, use a cut off wheel).

I went that route with my car; you really can’t tell I don’t have turbo fenders.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
pormgb
pormgb

Back to top Go down

Post  majormojo Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:19 pm

That kit listed above does say "conversion" so it may be specifically made to adapt the NA 944 to a turbo look bumper without changing the fenders etc. I've been looking at this kit from AIR. Seems like it has a reputation for a good fit. It's not exactly the same as a true turbo/S2 conversion, but much easier. It might be that one above is reselling the AIR bumper.

majormojo
majormojo

Back to top Go down

Post  pormgb Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:04 pm

majormojo wrote:That kit listed above does say "conversion" so it may be specifically made to adapt the NA 944 to a turbo look bumper without changing the fenders etc. I've been looking at this kit from AIR. Seems like it has a reputation for a good fit. It's not exactly the same as a true turbo/S2 conversion, but much easier. It might be that one above is reselling the AIR bumper.

Yes, mine was a conversion cover but I still needed to buy a turbo bumper support with shocks and lights, those bumper covers are made to fit the NAs nose panel and headlight covers. The challenge with these bumper covers is where they meet the rounded section of NA fenders, this has to be perfect fit otherwise you see a gap.

Here is a picture of mine, it took a great deal of work to get it to fit. You can see the gap between the nose panel, I was not able to close that gap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
pormgb
pormgb

Back to top Go down