944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Fesler Saratoga Top
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 8:45 am by gwistrup

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

» WANTED: 948 Conversion Manual
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 1:52 pm by Elskeptico

» FS 1989 Transmission for 944
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 10:02 am by 87roadracer

» Honda k24 swap
Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:00 am by 89EFhatch

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan

+12
Andykbob
Gutterboy
csday924
Psychoideas
marc a
admiralkhole
Arthropraxis
zeusrotty
931Clint
aixgelo78
87-944S
NewGuy
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan Empty Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan

Post  NewGuy Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Be warned before you purchase from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] AKA Greg Sloan

Do your research, and you will see.

He owes THOUSANDS of dollars worth of merchandise to numerous members of this forum.

He has not fulfilled ANY of the parts owed. There are disputes against him and civil actions.

Do understand that there is a waiting list, there are parts and services owed to customers that has not been fulfilled(some, over a year now). If you do order something from him, you will not receive it, or it may take years. False promises will be made, and may not be lived up to.

Just be aware, on whatever you order, that you will probably not receive it.

NewGuy

***This is to no reflection to other stand up vendor(s) in this forum.

NewGuy

Back to top Go down

Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan Empty Re: Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan

Post  NewGuy Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:00 pm

bump. Didn't realize he was still in business.

NewGuy

Back to top Go down

Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan Empty Re: Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan

Post  87-944S Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 pm

I was very surprised he was still accepting orders for the manual, and that they were occasssionally being shipped. He got in a bad way, very sorry to see people lost money, buyer beware.
87-944S
87-944S

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:13 pm

87-944S wrote:I was very surprised he was still accepting orders for the manual, and that they were occasssionally being shipped. He got in a bad way, very sorry to see people lost money, buyer beware.

Yep. I was surprise to see the thread as recent as this week. It is really a slap in the face. Especially to the people he stole parts from, to the people who he owe parts to and what he did to this small community. I take great offence that he has the audacity to still take people's money. In the beginning I understood his financial burden(gave him a nice tip, plus parts and offered to pay more), but when he knowingly took people's money, with no intention on fulfilling orders, that shows what kind of character he really was. Not only a thief, but a scam artist. Lesson learned, don't send him money or you will get SLOANED.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan Empty Greg Sloan manual

Post  931Clint Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 am

Yeah!! New to the forum but I did order a manual from him. He won't email me anything back and needless to say I never got a manual from him. Wish I saw this post first Sad anyone here sell the manual? I would love to have a copy of the book! Thanks, clint

931Clint

Back to top Go down

Post  zeusrotty Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:57 am

Anything in the manual is covered here. You really don't need it.

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:58 pm

I am surprised paypal takes payments for him. He has to have several complaints filed. I actually got an email from him last year, no money.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  admiralkhole Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:06 pm

I have the manual and have most of it scanned, I would be willing to send you everything.

I bought the book a few months ago, but it took a month of me badgering him for him to finally get it sent out. I threatened to dispute the charges on paypal. He was more than willing to accept the money, but it finally took me threatening action to get him to reply and eventually ship. Shoot me your e mail and I'll get it sent out to you. Are you doing LT or LS? I have all of the LT pages scanned already, but will scan the LS specific if you need.

admiralkhole

MikeS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  marc a Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:17 pm

931Clint wrote:Yeah!! New to the forum but I did order a manual from him. He won't email me anything back and needless to say I never got a manual from him. Wish I saw this post first Sad anyone here sell the manual? I would love to have a copy of the book! Thanks, clint

Check you PM inbox . . . .
marc a
marc a

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:34 pm

admiralkhole wrote:I have the manual and have most of it scanned, I would be willing to send you everything.

I bought the book a few months ago, but it took a month of me badgering him for him to finally get it sent out. I threatened to dispute the charges on paypal. He was more than willing to accept the money, but it finally took me threatening action to get him to reply and eventually ship. Shoot me your e mail and I'll get it sent out to you. Are you doing LT or LS? I have all of the LT pages scanned already, but will scan the LS specific if you need.

I ordered one from him recently. I gave him two weeks before contacting him. When I didn't hear back after a week I filed a PayPal claim. When PayPal didn't hear anything from him I upgraded the claim. Before the time frame expired on that I had the book in my hands.

As has been stated he seems perfectly content to accept people's money and ignore them. It seems you have to threaten to take the money back in order to get anything out of him.

Had I known what I know now I wouldn't have bothered getting the manual. Calling it a manual is a real stretch. It's more like a loose collection of part numbers. It doesn't have anything in it that I couldn't have lived without.

Back to top Go down

Post  admiralkhole Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:10 pm

BlueDragonX wrote:

Had I known what I know now I wouldn't have bothered getting the manual. Calling it a manual is a real stretch. It's more like a loose collection of part numbers. It doesn't have anything in it that I couldn't have lived without.

Yeah no kidding....I was expecting more of a "how to" than a list of parts and dimensions. There are zero directions in the "manual". Oh well, hopefully I can get the LT1 subforum to liven up with a few questions...

If anyone has paid for the book and has not received it, PM me, I have it all scanned and will gladly e mail it to you.

admiralkhole

Back to top Go down

Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan Empty Me too.

Post  Psychoideas Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Yeah, I wish I had read this first.
Paid but no sign of it yet.
Psychoideas
Psychoideas

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychoideas Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi admiralkhole,
Thank you for your offer. I tried to reply but it seems that I don't have enought posts to send a PM.
How many do I need to have posted? Do you know?
Anyway, when I have enough, I'll PM you my email address.
Once again thank you for your help.

Regards,
Frank
Psychoideas
Psychoideas

Back to top Go down

Post  admiralkhole Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:00 pm

check your inbox again Wink

admiralkhole

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychoideas Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Thank you!
Psychoideas
Psychoideas

Back to top Go down

Post  csday924 Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 am

Fell into the same trap. Glad it was only the manual price and not what others are facing. Will update you guys about receiving the manual.

csday924

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutterboy Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Oh my goodness I should have read this damn forum harder and became a member two years ago when I started looming this website as a guest when my 944s grenaded. I gave Sloan money and escalated to a PayPal dispute as well and now it's shipped with a tracking number. Should be here in a week but now that you guys say it's not really a manual it looks like I just wasted my money. I am attempting to do my own conversion until I get to a point where I am over my head. I ain't no mechanic and can't recognize 25% of the parts under the hood or know how to take them off. I'll just be plunking away at unbolting stuff and hitting the forums and playing it by ear. Got the c5 ls1 engine with many aftermarket brackets a turbo transaxle with lsd coming and maybe other goodies to get my s to turbo spec and then I'll get the deluxe kit from eric at tpc. Little nervous but keeping the car as a paperweight in the garage is heart wrenching.

This sucks I was counting on the manual being a how to for a dummy at mechanics like me. I am electrical so I ain't worried about that part at least.

I'll stop rambling for now but I could be bugging a lot of you for info.
Gutterboy
Gutterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychoideas Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Gutterboy wrote:Oh my goodness I should have read this damn forum harder and became a member two years ago when I started looming this website as a guest when my 944s grenaded. I gave Sloan money and escalated to a PayPal dispute as well and now it's shipped with a tracking number. Should be here in a week but now that you guys say it's not really a manual it looks like I just wasted my money. I am attempting to do my own conversion until I get to a point where I am over my head. I ain't no mechanic and can't recognize 25% of the parts under the hood or know how to take them off. I'll just be plunking away at unbolting stuff and hitting the forums and playing it by ear. Got the c5 ls1 engine with many aftermarket brackets a turbo transaxle with lsd coming and maybe other goodies to get my s to turbo spec and then I'll get the deluxe kit from eric at tpc. Little nervous but keeping the car as a paperweight in the garage is heart wrenching.

This sucks I was counting on the manual being a how to for a dummy at mechanics like me. I am electrical so I ain't worried about that part at least.

I'll stop rambling for now but I could be bugging a lot of you for info.

Good luck with that!
I ordered the manual (had to file a PayPal claim. Got the money refunded, THEN got an email from him saying he had mailed it. Still haven't seen it yet) because I have my own lathe and mill and the manual has a lot of diagrams in it. Was going to manufacture my own conversion parts.

You should think of sending you car to TPC and let Eric do the conversion for you.
A lot less stress and heaps quicker. All be it more expensive than doing it yourself, but how much is your time worth?
Psychoideas
Psychoideas

Back to top Go down

Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan Empty locale issue

Post  Gutterboy Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:21 pm

i live in western canada, so getting my paperweight to where eric is at tpc, is a little bit of a logistical issue and i am already looking at a great deal of money to get this project started just from a parts aspect.

It's just gonna have to come to hours of thread combing, both sleeves rolled up with tools, trips to the store to tool up a bit, and eventually throwing in the tool to one of my local tuner shops who can finish it properly.
Gutterboy
Gutterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychoideas Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Gutterboy wrote:i live in western canada, so getting my paperweight to where eric is at tpc, is a little bit of a logistical issue and i am already looking at a great deal of money to get this project started just from a parts aspect.

It's just gonna have to come to hours of thread combing, both sleeves rolled up with tools, trips to the store to tool up a bit, and eventually throwing in the tool to one of my local tuner shops who can finish it properly.

Ahhh, I see your point.
I'm in Australia so I can't consider it either.
If you buy the kit it should be a straight forward conversion. Especially if you can cover the electrics.
Plenty of info here.
Psychoideas
Psychoideas

Back to top Go down

Please be warned before you purchase from Greg Sloan Empty conversion info

Post  Gutterboy Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:58 pm

yeah i know there's plenty on here been draining tonnes of hours reading an onslaught of posts.

still unclear on certain things such as the following:

TPC's deluxe conversion kit looks like the real deal with the right headers but i see that xschop has some other things that also look essential. Like a dropped cross member to better suit the aftermarket brake booster.

i want decent braking but i ain't making a track car just crazy street cruiser but i truly don't know what people use for a solution other than this plate that xschop sells and the wilwood booster or whatever it is.

Again i know nothing, but slowly this forum will educate if i can find the right threads with the latest info.

Already i have read that many dimensions and info in sloans book are dated so that's a great consolation and a terrible omen to how many other parts i'll buy in the process that will probably end up being useless in the conversion.

biggest conundrum i have right now is trying to figure out the path forward on cooling since i have a 944s and that rad is probably far too small to cool the ls1 properly. From what i have gathered the 951 rad works decent but that rad is taller (and who knows maybe even wider) so i might need to swap my crossmember for the 951 one to shoehorn a 951 rad in properly????? also read that it's best to take the 951 fan shrouds to cover the rad properly but my old 944s fans will work fine (apparently the horsepower hungry's are big on the ford taurus fan for max amount of cfm; i just need it to work properly and reliably)
Gutterboy
Gutterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Psychoideas Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Yes, I have just started gathering parts. So I haven't even investigated cooling yet. I was hoping to visit my local radiator place and have then find something that fits and put the correct tanks on it.
I'm going ford Hydroboost and the Lexus LS430 calipers and boxster rotors up front and RX 7 calipers with 951 rotors at the rear. All info sourced from this forum.
When the time is right I'll investigate TPC s engine mounts and some other stuff but their headers probably won't work on my car as we are Right Hand Drive down here.
Psychoideas
Psychoideas

Back to top Go down

Post  Andykbob Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Wow, thanks everyone! I was just about to order the book tonight.... By not now.

Anyone have a spare copy that I could look at?

Andykbob

Back to top Go down

Post  wingdog Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 am

To admiralkhole I would greatly appreciate a copy of the manual. I just started a 5.3 944 conversion and this forum is by far the most informative there is.

wingdog

Back to top Go down

Post  87-944S Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:28 pm

It is full of inaccuracies, used the advanced search on the board, the best info on these conversions is documented on here. Very Happy 
87-944S
87-944S

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next