944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Fesler Saratoga Top
    stalls when braking EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
    stalls when braking EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
    stalls when braking EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
    stalls when braking EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
    stalls when braking EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
    stalls when braking EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 8:45 am by gwistrup

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
    stalls when braking EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

» WANTED: 948 Conversion Manual
    stalls when braking EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 1:52 pm by Elskeptico

» FS 1989 Transmission for 944
    stalls when braking EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 10:02 am by 87roadracer

» Honda k24 swap
    stalls when braking EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:00 am by 89EFhatch

April 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

stalls when braking

4 posters

Go down

stalls when braking Empty stalls when braking

Post  smkn951 Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:26 pm

hello everyone,
    i managed to get the car running.
    fuel pressure- 60
    oil pressure- 60
    i am running a mustang hydroboost.
    pcm and harness are stock.
    idles a bit rough when cold but stabilizes when warm
    i drove the car just around the corner and when i hit the brakes RPM drops and dies.
    i placed the car in neutral and just step on the brakes and it dies.
    start the car and idles fine, then i slowly apply the brakes again and the harder i push on the brakes the faster it dies.
    what is/ are causing this?
    thanks

smkn951
    smkn951

Back to top Go down

stalls when braking Empty Re: stalls when braking

Post  Leva Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:50 am

Perhaps you wired your brake switch backwards?

Also you may need to raise your idle rpm. When you apply the brakes, you are putting a load on the motor through the hydroboost.

Leva

Back to top Go down

Post  spence Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:30 am

Did you install a vss kit?
    spence
    spence

Back to top Go down

Post  smkn951 Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:37 am

yep i have the TPC VSS kit installed.
    smkn951
    smkn951

Back to top Go down

Post  spence Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:55 am

You should figure out why its idling rough and go from there. Maybe with a solid steady idle it will be fine
    spence
    spence

smkn951 likes this post

Back to top Go down

stalls when braking Empty raised idle

Post  smkn951 Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:25 pm

well thanks everyone, i raised the idle to 1200 rpm, seem to work. only drops about 50-100 rpm when brakes are applied.
    also checked all vacuum ports that i had plugged and installed the vacuum port from throttle body to valve cover vent and it appears to have a better idle.
    thanks again
    smkn951
    smkn951

Back to top Go down

stalls when braking Empty Stalling

Post  gwistrup Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:39 pm

You should not have to raise the base idle to 1200 RPM to prevent stalling when an accessory load is put on your engine. The hydro-boost loads the engine each time you put your foot on the brake. It sounds to me like your idle air control (IAC) is not working correctly or it can't keep up due to the rough running of your engine. You might want to get a scan tool and look at some engine data to see what the TPS is reading and where the IAC is being commanded. With a decent scan tool you can control the IAC to see if it is capable of controlling your idle. The "idle screw" you adjusted is for the minimum air rate and the IAC is supposed to control the idle. I would have to look up the spec for minimum air rate but on a stock engine, it is probably around 400 RPM. Idle on a stock LS1 is about 700 RPM.
    Gil

gwistrup

Back to top Go down

Post  smkn951 Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:10 pm

OMG i hope i didnt mess anything up.
    i have a scan tool but its really a basic one. i may have to either get HPTUNERS or just have it professionally tuned.
    i really don't know anything about tuning..i can replace parts all day...lol
    is hptuners really that easy? i have tried watching videos on it but it's not clicking in at all.
    thanks
    smkn951
    smkn951

Back to top Go down

stalls when braking Empty re: stalling

Post  gwistrup Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:12 am

Have you checked for codes with your scan tool?  If you have any codes, this could be your first clue.  Can you read engine data with your scan tool or is it just a code reader?  A good scan tool will be able to read engine data and should have a chart of acceptable values to compare in it.  You haven't messed anything up by turning the base idle screw, that can be easily readjusted.  
        Is the engine stock or has it been modified?  The stock tune in the PCM should run make your car run OK unless you have made significant modifications such as a different cam.  
        Probably the most important thing to make sure of is that all the basics are in order.  Make sure the engine is running on all 8 cylinders, there are no vacuum leaks, all the sensors are reading correctly and their outputs are correct.  Your scan tool should help to confirm this.  
         I agree with you that HP Tuners is very complicated.  HP Tuners is not for the novice unless you are using it to import tunes from someone else.  This is a great feature.   You just need to make sure that the source you import a tune from is trustworthy.    
        Tuning should be the last step to make everything perfect. Be very careful who you select to do your tuning. Make sure they know what your expectations are. Some tuners go for maximum HP on a dynamometer and they ignore the rest of the operating range of the engine. If your car is mostly street driven, you will probably be disappointed. Get the basics right first.  If not, you are adding another variable to the equation that will add to your frustration.  Good luck.  Gil

gwistrup

smkn951 likes this post

Back to top Go down