944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Honda k24 swap
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyYesterday at 6:12 am by Colibri Green

» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 6:28 pm by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Headers on Evil-Bay EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Headers on Evil-Bay

+6
LEEEZARD7
944-LT1
Arthropraxis
944convert
Bluemach1
10 posters

Go down

Headers on Evil-Bay Empty Headers on Evil-Bay

Post  Bluemach1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:28 pm

I found these on Evil-Bay. They are not a good value compared to what TPC offers and I am not promoting them. I was just curious if anyone knows who this seller is. Ad says from Mocksville,NC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bluemach1

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3378613

Back to top Go down

Headers on Evil-Bay Empty Re: Headers on Evil-Bay

Post  944convert Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:57 pm

and no worries (in case anyone is wondering)...it's almost 3 hours from Belton, SC Razz

944convert

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Can't be him, the seller has 100% positive feedback rating. That would mean he actually shipped items that were paid for.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Shocked 1500 is a very big chunk of money for headers; stainless or not!

944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  948 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:20 pm

944-LT1 wrote: Shocked 1500 is a very big chunk of money for headers; stainless or not!

Yes, but they were designed using "CAAD", not just plain old CAD...... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:37 pm

Laughing Laughing the extra A is worth 700-800 bucks I guess.

944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  LEEEZARD7 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:16 am

lol... you guys wouldnt like the price of stainless 911 headers from ghl or someone like that then. lol 3grand for a 6banger lol.

LEEEZARD7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:58 am

Those are being sold by Slowmotion speed, he is a member on here. As well as the owner of GM parts direct. He and Lou at black forest garage ( formerly black forest racing, and now Exclusive Motorwerks) have been working together on building 944 ls conversions. They bought two kits from me and all of a sudden they had headers made and never bought another kit....I'm sure you can put two and two together Evil or Very Mad
The headers are nice to say the least, He was even nice enough to offer the to me,
Oh, I think you can buy them directly from Kooks , cheaper, You would need to give the a call they don't list them......

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:39 am

I have a set of those headers and they're beautiful. Fit and finish is superb and they fit in the car very well. Not sure if you can buy them straight through Kooks or not. Story I got is they made one run of them for Chris and he's the only one selling them, but I could be wrong about that.

No doubt they're expensive, when I dyno the car I'll see if there were worth it...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Headers on Evil-Bay Empty 944 LS Long tube headers

Post  Slow Motion Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 pm

First I want to say thanks for the all of the help and information posted on this and other sites pertaining to 944 LS conversions....
Slow Motion
Slow Motion

https://www.instagram.com/slowmotionspeed/

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Youre welcome.

However, please post for sale ads in the For Sale section only. As well, since this was for new parts (commercial), please PM ADMIN first before doing so.

944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Headers on Evil-Bay Empty Post edited

Post  Slow Motion Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:03 pm

My prior post was edited but felt this needed to be put back in and direct information on these headers left out as not perceived to be selling without Eric's permission in the for sale section which I will request to obtain.

For clarification I do not own gmpartsdirect but I do work for the parent company. Anything I do with SlowMotion Speed is on a strictly personal level and not affiliated in any way to them. This is all personal and bottom line fun for me as a hobby and way to develop and pay for my bigger hobby which is as much track time as I can get. These were initially done for White Trash the Poor Vette which won Vintage Foreign Class in last years One Lap of America which by the way was a Great event. Second clarification between Lou and myself we have purchased 4 conversion sets in the past and will continue to purchase Kits, but would like for him to take care of the bad pilot bearing adaptor that fell out of the crank and cost us a clutch disc and bearing replacement. Lou and his guys at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] do conversions on the side and conversions are not their primary business and try to do only one conversion at a time. My thought is if you can't make it better cheaper or faster then why bother. Eric's parts are good that why i have recomended him. My only suggestion to Eric would be the windage tray in the oil pans for extreme track use which others had said have been resolved, other that that we are happy with continuing to use his product. My only concern I have ever had was always availability of product. To sell product you have to invest in inventory and have product on the shelf. I have offered Eric in the past this headers and a billet thermostat adaptor that allows the use of the old gen 1 style thermostat that are cheaper and easier to find in cooler temperature settings. Eric had issues with both. 1 headers were priced too high for the clientele and 2 the thermostat housing pointing straight and would require lower profile more efficient fans or only using one of the factory ones.

Thanks for looking and reading the longest (edited) post I have done on here and for any positive comments any of you may have.
Slow Motion
Slow Motion

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 pm

My mistake on the owner ship thing, I was wrong, I thought I remembered you telling me that.
On the pilot bearing thing, I never was sent any pictures that I asked for showing how a pilot bearing (or the adapter) could come loose and destroy a clutch disc. I'm not sure how the bearing can travel down the input shaft to get to the disc. Kind of seems physically impossible , unless the bearing retainer was put in backwards.
As in my email that I sent to you, Please put for sale items in the for sale section, That is the same for everyone.......
Yes, my pans do have a tray in them as well as the square with doors .

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Headers on Evil-Bay Empty minor issue

Post  968LS3RS Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:57 pm

I installed a set of these headers this weekend on a race car I am building for someone and the collectors are touching the floor pan. My guess is the car that was used for the prototype at Kooks had 1/2 spacers between the cross member. I am not going to run spacers on this car so will have to cut the collectors and redirect them away from the floorpan; even with spacers I don't think a V-band will clear the floor. I wish I had known this prior to purchasing them and I am only posting this so other will know what to expect. Other than this little inconvenience they are beautiful and very high quality.

968LS3RS

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Tom, granted, I have spacers on my car, but v bands fit easily on my car with these headers.

Last edited by docwyte on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  944convert Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm

umm...Gene??? his name is Tom Egan

944convert

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Whoops! Edited...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  968LS3RS Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Doc,
I looked at photos of your install and looks like collectors were cut back so V-band would clear the floor and the pipe after the V-band angles down. 1/2" on these conversions is a ton as there are a lot of tight areas. I am not bashing these headers they are sweet just want to share info; this is nothing a chop saw and welder can't remedy!

968LS3RS

Back to top Go down

Headers on Evil-Bay Empty Thanks for the feedback.

Post  Slow Motion Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Just as a follow up these were designd with Erics product including the 1/2 adapters in place. Thanks for the input. One additional note from a prior set from an installer if using a full one piece bell housing it may be necessary to grind a small portion of the non ecential edge of the mounting flange for clearance on the passenger side also. I have an image that was sent to me on this but not real sure how to post image yet this did not sound like a big deal and buyer seems to be extremely satisfied. Another note would be the location of the oil drain plug as it is tight on Eric's pans but sounds like he is already modifying them for a few buyers There is still room to get the plug out but would recommend using a piece of flat metal shaped just to drape over the header to keep oil from hitting the header pipe during the draining process. Just as a reminder these are huge 1-7/8 tubes and a full 3 inch collector and do use all the space available to try to keep all mandrel bends as smooth as possible.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback and I hope everyone is extremely pleased with these.
Slow Motion
Slow Motion

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:32 am

Doc,
Have you had your car re dyno'd?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 am

Not yet, car is still apart. The exhaust is completely fabbed up, but we're still working on the intake and installing the PSI wiring harness. Hopefully have it done in the next few weeks.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Motion Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Hope these are doing well for you. White Trash the PoorVette with a hot cam LS3 went from 396 rwhp to 456 rwhp with a slight tune. Would love to get 3rd part numbers on this if available.
Slow Motion
Slow Motion

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Dynoed last spring, jumped up from 373rwhp to 400rwhp. The heads are the restriction now.

Motor is coming apart this off season to get new rings and bearings. I'll add a set of LS6/243 heads at the same time and I expect to see around 430rwhp.

docwyte

Back to top Go down