944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin


For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » 85 5.3 swap
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:15 pm by smkn951

    » low cost and available bellhousing...maybe
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptyToday at 2:16 pm by Admin

    » Starter issues
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 12:48 pm by zeusrotty

    » Sharkey's 944 corvette t56 swap thread
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 10:01 am by Myporschels

    » FS: 1987 951 LS
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 5:41 am by carr911

    » 5th gear options, Audi?
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 1:18 pm by acorad

    » Garage queens
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 11:57 am by gdopnt

    » Where did you find your LS1? I need one :)
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 10:33 pm by smkn951

    » 78 928 LS1 swap initiated
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 12:21 pm by Hey_Allen

    » cv axles breaking
    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 11:24 pm by Plucky948

    October 2020
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
       1234
    567891011
    12131415161718
    19202122232425
    262728293031 

    Calendar Calendar

    Log in

    I forgot my password

    Vibration in shifter

    Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

    Go down

    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibration in shifter

    Post  Rich L. on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:52 pm

    Porch made an interesting comment in another forum.

    https://944hybrids.forumotion.com/t2054-x-member-bolts-working-loose#23166

    Perhaps you should check your subframe clearance (again?) and see if anything has settled enough to be making contact between engine and frame.

    Rich
    Rich L.
    Rich L.

    Posts : 892
    Join date : 2011-05-30
    Location : Seattle

    Back to top Go down

    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibration in shifter

    Post  Arthropraxis on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:47 pm

    Thanks, I have checked clearance everywhere and nothing is touching. If I get enough motivation I will check the motor mounts this weekend.
    Arthropraxis
    Arthropraxis

    Posts : 1103
    Join date : 2009-09-02

    Back to top Go down

    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibration in shifter

    Post  Arthropraxis on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 pm

    Well, so far everything has checked out fine. I had the car dyno-tuned today and the vibration is still there. Looks like I will be pulling the clutch out, again.
    Arthropraxis
    Arthropraxis

    Posts : 1103
    Join date : 2009-09-02

    Back to top Go down

    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibration in shifter

    Post  acorad on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:04 pm

    Arthropraxis wrote:Well, so far everything has checked out fine. I had the car dyno-tuned today and the vibration is still there. Looks like I will be pulling the clutch out, again.
    Sux, man. If it's any consolation, so am I. I'm still getting major chatter in the clutch, so I'll be going Spec stage I, and my TT bearings are so loud it's hard to hear the radio.
    acorad
    acorad

    Posts : 679
    Join date : 2010-12-21
    Location : Agoura Hills, CA

    Back to top Go down

    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibration in shifter

    Post  Arthropraxis on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 pm

    I am going with a LS7 setup and a 11in Sachs friction disc part #BBD4163. I have the Spec clutch pack now and would reinstall it but I am trying to minimize the downtime. Before taking the Spec set out, the LS7 set is going to get match balanced to the original FW/PP in an effort to get rid of this vibration.

    Some of these flywheels had weights added to them to balance the motor. If the original flywheel was 0 balanced then you can replace it with another 0 balanced FW. If the original FW is not 0 balanced the new FW will have to be matched to it. That info would have been good to know when I last removed the clutch to check for balance.
    Arthropraxis
    Arthropraxis

    Posts : 1103
    Join date : 2009-09-02

    Back to top Go down

    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibration in shifter

    Post  acorad on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

    Arthropraxis wrote:I am going with a LS7 setup and a 11in Sachs friction disc part #BBD4163. I have the Spec clutch pack now and would reinstall it but I am trying to minimize the downtime. Before taking the Spec set out, the LS7 set is going to get match balanced to the original FW/PP in an effort to get rid of this vibration.

    Some of these flywheels had weights added to them to balance the motor. If the original flywheel was 0 balanced then you can replace it with another 0 balanced FW. If the original FW is not 0 balanced the new FW will have to be matched to it. That info would have been good to know when I last removed the clutch to check for balance.
    What is the process to make the FW to be match balanced to the engine after the fact?

    iow, if the original FW had weights added to it to balance an out-of-balance engine at the factory, and you don't have that original FW to show you the weights, how can you get a new FW balanced to the out-of-balance engine?
    acorad
    acorad

    Posts : 679
    Join date : 2010-12-21
    Location : Agoura Hills, CA

    Back to top Go down

    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibration in shifter

    Post  948inVA on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:57 am

    Arthro, where are you hearing about the engines being unbalanced from the factory? I'm not saying it isn't possible, just sounds like someone's theory on an internet forum and I would be really surprised if that was the case. I have the same engine as you (04 GTO) and not having any of these issues. I'm using a stock Luk replacement flywheel, Centerforce CF360010 pressure plate, and TPC conversion disc which I had to grind the flange down on. And I didn't even have the assembly balanced.. no vibration.
    948inVA
    948inVA

    Posts : 222
    Join date : 2012-01-01
    Location : n. virginia

    Back to top Go down

    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibration in shifter

    Post  Arthropraxis on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 am

    supes6 wrote:Arthro, where are you hearing about the engines being unbalanced from the factory? I'm not saying it isn't possible, just sounds like someone's theory on an internet forum and I would be really surprised if that was the case. I have the same engine as you (04 GTO) and not having any of these issues. I'm using a stock Luk replacement flywheel, Centerforce CF360010 pressure plate, and TPC conversion disc which I had to grind the flange down on. And I didn't even have the assembly balanced.. no vibration.
    Search for hot balancing or match balancing on the Corvette forums there are lots of posts about this issue.
    Acorad, hot balancing is where the FW is balanced on the car. Some of the Corvette techs do this procedure. If your flywheel is already 0 balanced and you don't have the original FW that may be an option.
    Arthropraxis
    Arthropraxis

    Posts : 1103
    Join date : 2009-09-02

    Back to top Go down

    Vibration in shifter - Page 3 Empty Re: Vibration in shifter

    Post  Arthropraxis on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:37 pm

    Fixed! I just finished putting in a LS7 clutch with a sachs disc. I thought I had transmission problems because it was hard to shift but it must have been the clutch dragging. Now it shifts like butter. The pedal is lighter and it doesn't chatter on engagement.
    I sent the clutch back once and the manufacturer said everything was fine and to look elsewhere for the problem. I am going to be selling the Spec FW disc and PP it has about 2000 miles on it, I suggest you get it balance prior to installation.
    Arthropraxis
    Arthropraxis

    Posts : 1103
    Join date : 2009-09-02

    Back to top Go down

    Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

    Back to top

    - Similar topics

     
    Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum