944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 1987 944 Turbo --> LS
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptyToday at 8:36 pm by Reason

» backwards LS6 intake
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptyToday at 6:24 pm by murrayg

» WTB C5 2 piece bell housing
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptyToday at 10:39 am by murrayg

» Testing the waters. I have a working '83 944 with a '94 LT1 that I want to let go.
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptyYesterday at 7:44 am by Bmillar

» FS: 1987 951 LS
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptyYesterday at 6:30 am by carr911

» Totalled 1985.5 Porsche 944
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 3:53 pm by Bmillar

» Clutch wont disengage!
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 10:51 pm by RobotMachines

» tachometer
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 am by smkn951

» 86 Porsche 944T LS1 swap begins
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 9:31 pm by smkn951

» stalls when braking
New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 10:55 am by spence

September 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

New Guy . . Used be on the "Other" board way back . .

Go down

New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . Empty New Guy . . Used be on the "Other" board way back . .

Post  Qwikporsche001 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:55 am

Hi Guys, I was "Qwikporsche" over on the other board, I remember Robot Machines, 944LT1, Predator, and others.

I have a '91 944S2 that is almost done, but I have not worked on it for 4 years or so . .Work, School, Family all were in the way. Now I am laid off for the summer so I am hoping to finish it up.

I also ordered Gregs book last week, looking forward to recieving it soon.

The car has the '97 LT1 installed. All the parts for the conversion were bought from RH back 5-7 years ago. I have the cradle type engine mount, the RH bellhousing, Clutch and flywheel were purchased from them also. I have the RH Long Tube Headers and the Ron Davis radiator they were selling. I also have a wiring harness from RH which was supposed to wire my '97 LT1 to an OBDI brain.

It is all together with the exception of wiring, air induction components and exhaust from the headers back. I have to drop the motor because I installed the original Pilot Bearing (needle - no inner race) that was supplied by RH and need to install the adapter with the Porsche bearing. . . SO My Question Is . .

With all the RH Schtuff I have, what is junk and what do I keep? And what needs to be modified to work correctly? I get the sense in the few days poking around here that RH was not forthcoming with the shortcomings of their LT1 kit and many of the members here have had problems and worked them out . .

Thanks guys . . looking forward to meeting new friends and catching up with old ones!!

Last edited by Qwikporsche001 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stoopid spalling errers ;-))

Qwikporsche001

Back to top Go down

New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . Empty Re: New Guy . . Used be on the "Other" board way back . .

Post  skywalker01 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Hey there, welcome back! I remember you from the 'old' board. Wish I could help you with your question, but I went the LSx route after RH dropped the LT1 bellhousing. Other than the pilot bearing modification, and the upgrade to solid transmission mounts - I've been able to use the RH kit without issues.
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

New Guy . .  Used be on the "Other" board way back . . Empty Re: New Guy . . Used be on the "Other" board way back . .

Post  Qwikporsche001 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks Skywalker, Glad someone remembers me!!

Your ride is looking GOOD, I was considering using a similar paint . . that stealth flat black look but you beat me to it!!

Instead I think gloss black with a stealth Superman "S" on the hood in a ghost paint. I will get a gallery up soon . .

Qwikporsche001

Back to top Go down

Post  87-944S on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Hey QuickPorsche001, glad you found us! I remember you as well, this is a great board, happy to have you back!
87-944S
87-944S

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Yo yo Qwik! Better late than never I say! Laughing

With all the RH Schtuff I have, what is junk and what do I keep? And what needs to be modified to work correctly? I get the sense in the few days poking around here that RH was not forthcoming with the shortcomings of their LT1 kit and many of the members here have had problems and worked them out . .

Watch out for the drive shaft tip. Many have found out the hard way that the driveshaft needed to be pushed forward and more into the pilot which RH failed to see (they acted like they knew after we told them). The RH longtube LT headers worked well for me while I had them and they cleared everything in the bay. The RH cast housing was okay but their supplied and modified dodge bearing retainer was weak and cracked on me. I also had problems with the angle of the slave to fork on that BH. Their harnesses are from fuelinjectionspecialties.com and are okay as well as the computer programming. The Davis radiator was unmolested by RH and Im still running it. Their supplied brake bowl and pushrod were no good and I recently pulled it all to find a bent pushrod!!!! ..... lawsuit written all over that!

I think you should keep it all installed and run it and see how it all goes. Post pics and welcome home!
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  948 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:58 am

Glad you found us..... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke714 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Good Luck! It'll be fun, I'm glad I found this place before going to RH.
Luke714
Luke714

Back to top Go down