944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» FS: 1985.5 Porsche 944 in Michigan
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptyYesterday at 8:26 am by tspangle88

» Totalled 1985.5 Porsche 944
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 6:09 pm by superman22x

» Various 944 LS Swap Parts For Sale!
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 7:29 pm by Worryless

» ls2 automatic, what flywheel should I buy
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 2:28 pm by mdan1

» 944 Manual Brakes
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 8:05 am by v2rocket

» Air Conditioning A/C for LS3 SOLVED and COLD
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 3:39 pm by Worryless

» Cayenne Caliper Adapters and Rotor Centering Rings
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 9:07 am by razrbak_944

» LS-460 Big Brake kit
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 9:05 am by razrbak_944

» Hydroboost to 944 master cylinder adapter wanted
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 9:08 pm by kelleysj

» 5.3L Trailblazer ECM & parts
FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 2:58 pm by 944Mike

July 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K

Go down

FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K Empty FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K

Post  MN944S on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:53 pm

It's been forever since I've been around here and the 944 got put on the back-burner years ago.
I have higher priority projects competing for my time and money, and now space. Lil' red has to go.
There are a few old pics in this gallery:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
At the moment it's 6 feet up on a 4-post lift so taking new detailed pics would be tough, but I'll make an attempt if there's interest.

The really good:
78K miles. Twin-cam 2.5L is in good shape and pulls strong. Ran great when parked.
It doesn't have most of the common 944 issues:
The interior is fantastic....zero dash cracks, seats (full leather) are near mint, driver's only showing light wear but no cracks or tears, carpet is good and the clock works! Surprised
Sunroof operates normally, no leaks.
No rear hatch rattles and glass still sealed, no leaks.
New Momo steering wheel and shift knob. New carpet mats and an H3R Halguard fire extinguisher on a Stable Energies passenger seat mount.

Exterior is a great 10-footer, not great up close but far from terrible. Paint condition is decent.
Drivers lower fender has a kink shown in one of the pics where a PO dropped it off stands, a couple relatively minor door dings from careless kids in the garage and that's about it.

The not so great:
Prior salvage will show up on a title search. Clean MN title in hand now. Was hit in front, repaired and painted. Also evidence of an underhood fire at some point, possibly the same incident?
(I replaced all the semi-crispy battery cables and all fuel lines.)
The hit wasn't hard enough to tweak anything noticeably. I had it on several road trips and it ran out fine and tracked straight up to "go straight to jail" speeds. Handled respectably well even with worn out suspension parts and bushings.
It hasn't run in about 5 years. I had plenty of fuel stabilizer in it and ran it with it in there, but I'd still want to do a front to back fuel system clean before attempting to run it again.
The front suspension is currently disassembled to the crossmember.
I have everything to get it back to "roller" status (but not "driver") for transport.
Both bumpers are off so it looks a little sad. Have an OE fiberglass Euro bumper for the front and a "shaved" rear bumper in addition to the stock front.
It needs a clutch (original rubber one still in there) and likely TT bearings.
I replaced the upper and lower cam chain guides and belts when I first got it.
I'd do belts again and probably rollers and WP if I was keeping the engine.
A/C is operable but blows warm.

PARTS/upgrades/etc:
Wheels as seen in pics including original set of 16" phone dials.
Tires are Kumho Ecsta MX 225/50 and 265/45 and have not seen the road.
Lots of suspension parts, mostly disassembled.
Again, I would assemble far enough to get it rolling/trailer transport.
Rebuilt LCA's with new ball joints and poly bushings; powdercoated silver
Turbo swaybars F&R; (didn't have a rear originally); powdercoated red
Koni inserts in cut OE housings; powdercoated Koni yellow and AHRK (coil-over kit) all from Paragon
Front springs are Hyperco 225 lb/in. with helpers.
Rear shocks are Bilsteins.
Big Brembos (blacks) bought used and needing rebuild and cleanup. New M030 brackets for calipers and spacer rings for brakes. New front wheel bearings and seals.
12" cross drilled rotors show some minor heat cracking at the holes even after turning, I wouldn't run them in anger, light street duty or mock up only. (Stock brakes included.)
Leaky PS is gone. Cleaned up and re-greased a '83 manual rack. New inner and outer tie rods.
New bushings for everything; most are poly. New motor mounts.
Vibrant stainless resonator to replace cat, polished stainless cat-back exhaust.

There's lots more; I'll add to this as I think of stuff and will answer questions to the best of my ability.

$6K/offer, bring a trailer.  Wink

Last edited by MN944S on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

MN944S

Back to top Go down

FS: '87 944S, great swap candidate, tons of parts/upgrades. $6K Empty Swap engine available also.

Post  MN944S on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:04 pm

For those that don't mind old-school tech and don't require the latest and greatest:

I have a '96 LT1 (small block Gen2) from a Trans Am that I've had forever.
Got as a complete pull out with T56 (not for sale) and have used only for mock up purposes.

It has 29K miles. That number is correct, there is no "1" in front of it.

Front accessories removed but heads and intake still attached.
Wiring harness was stripped down for use in another project but is available.
Flashed PCM
Have all stock parts except exhaust manifolds plus a boat-load of upgrades for it:
Comp Cam, rockers, pushrods, guide plates, injectors, valve covers, 58mm TB, ported MAF, etc.

$1500 or will deal if purchased together with the 944

MN944S

Back to top Go down