944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Fesler Saratoga Top
Old Board new Owners EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Old Board new Owners EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
Old Board new Owners EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
Old Board new Owners EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
Old Board new Owners EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
Old Board new Owners EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 8:45 am by gwistrup

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
Old Board new Owners EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

» WANTED: 948 Conversion Manual
Old Board new Owners EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 1:52 pm by Elskeptico

» FS 1989 Transmission for 944
Old Board new Owners EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 10:02 am by 87roadracer

» Honda k24 swap
Old Board new Owners EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:00 am by 89EFhatch

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Old Board new Owners

+9
v8carreragts
coctostan
suboptimalfit
ffmedic
modenas
xschop
944-LT1
gt1scca
Dawgz83948
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Old Board new Owners Empty Old Board new Owners

Post  Dawgz83948 Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Has anyone visited the old site. Apparently it was RH that now ownes it. Also there was accusations about stealing unpatented (thus unprotected) designs even though he admits there were changes made to them. I was reading about intelectual property (by extension copywritten products) and only artistic creations (music, art, movies etc) are protected by copyright, but businesses that created a design for something (aka bellhousing adapters, engine mount uprights) are not protected unless they are patented with the US Patent Office. What is the deal with this, anyone could have looked at a stock bellhousing and said "well we need to do X Y & Z to make it fit"? Are the creations here wrong???????

Just wondering....
Dawgz83948
Dawgz83948

Back to top Go down

Old Board new Owners Empty Re: Old Board new Owners

Post  gt1scca Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:18 pm

Dawg,

These guys are covering their butts at this point. I too have checked into this, and they can do nothing about the parts. Porsche North America MAY have the right to civil action on the price posting, maybe due to the use of the Porsche name in the url...? (Not 100% sure on that one, more of a deduction.)

In other words, you are correct. No patent - no infringement = no legality. [ It's not illegal to turn a bad part into a good one for the world to see, it just embarrasses people...and they go to great lengths to CTA. ]

GT1SCCA

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:27 am

HAHAHA!!! IM IN! Thanks Eric!

That scott dude is at WOT over there right now. Unbelievable. I hate RH now more than ever and this time theres no going back. Everyone I ever talk to about conversions with get quite an earfull about how horrible they are.

But.....IM IN!!!
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Old Board new Owners Empty Free game

Post  xschop Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:13 am

This is funny, I explained the situation to our patent attourney at my Company (We research drug compounds),
And he laughed and said that if there was truly a patent pending or granted, then Porsche would have already stepped in and given RH a cease and desist letter! lol! They messed with the wrong individuals. pirat
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawgz83948 Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 am

Well now the supreme and all powerfull admin has decreed that even though it was not illegal it was not right. Apparently now they will steal all our idea on the board and sell them to their customers, AKA whats good for the goose does not apply to the gander.
Dawgz83948
Dawgz83948

Back to top Go down

Old Board new Owners Empty pirates!

Post  xschop Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:24 am

I read a few threads and the populus is ripping them a new one. I was sent an anonymous email from "Porsche Hybrids Admin" calling me a "dirtbag" and that I stole "existing designs" and that we all should have started from "scratch" in our designs......Didn't RH just take a GM C5 bellhousing and ADD to it?
I personally saw flaw in the plate in not 1 but........3........places and redesigned my Adapter plate accordingly. The plate dimensions were off everywhere and were shoddy at best.
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawgz83948 Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:32 am

xschop wrote:I read a few threads and the populus is ripping them a new one. I was sent an anonymous email from "Porsche Hybrids Admin" calling me a "dirtbag" and that I stole "existing designs" and that we all should have started from "scratch" in our designs......Didn't RH just take a GM C5 bellhousing and ADD to it?
I personally saw flaw in the plate in not 1 but........3........places and redesigned my Adapter plate accordingly. The plate dimensions were off everywhere and were shoddy at best.

Unfortunately you cannot delete your own account, I do not plan on going back there logged in as me anymore and I would recommend that everyone else deserts that site so the RH can run another board into the ground. All the other lemmings that are going along with change will soon see what kind of support they provided on their own board when it was up and why it was useful to have an independant board with useful tech.

I don't worry too much about what the ADMIN (Great and powerfull OZ) says, they are clueless and a little pissed that they do these conversions all day long and a bunch of "amateurs" beat them at their own game. I wonder if this is what happened to Black Forest Hybrids when he tried to startup?
Dawgz83948
Dawgz83948

Back to top Go down

Old Board new Owners Empty Monopoly

Post  xschop Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:05 am

Their monopoly is gone. I was treated like I was a child that needed discipline and so was Greg. I am a grown adult with 2 degrees and resent the way I was treated. I build alot of custom stuff for fun ( working on a VMax Chain-Drive conversion kit as we speak) and wasn't planning on doing much more V8 swap parts, but now I'm on a mission. As far as I'm concerned, when the headers are figured out. RH can cancel their shop lease.
Sad
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  modenas Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Twisted Evil we rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
modenas
modenas

Back to top Go down

Post  gt1scca Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Dawgz83948 wrote:...they are clueless and a little pissed that they do these conversions all day long and a bunch of "amateurs" beat them at their own game. I wonder if this is what happened to Black Forest Hybrids when he tried to startup?

That pretty much sums up everything...

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Post  ffmedic Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:40 pm

I cannot tell you how pissed off i am at the old porsche hybrid boards, what a bunch of assholes the new admin is their ( pls dont boot me for saying assholes Razz).
Also I deleted all my albums from that site , including the QT BH album that was on the faq page, I'll be posting that here now, I also deleted as much of my postings their that I thought pertinent to the conversion, which I will also be posting whatever I can here in time.
Dave

ffmedic

Back to top Go down

Old Board new Owners Empty don't be "bash"ful

Post  xschop Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Come on, tell us how you really feel. They know they dropped the ball ( on the wrong peoples toes!)
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  suboptimalfit Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:30 am

Friends, the work that you guys did was, (and still is) over the top. I feel that with the level of craftsmanship that was shown scared the $#** outta RH... After I saw the final products, I looked at my (RH) parts and just felt robbed.
It should be a crime to do what they had done to OUR old board... ( i know time to move on- still pissed off though)
Thanx for letting me rant. Mad

suboptimalfit

Back to top Go down

Post  gt1scca Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:39 am

"Confooshis" say...Patient Gwaasshoppaa...Their "just wewaad" is coming surely and swiftly.

Also, thanks!

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Old Board new Owners Empty Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Post  xschop Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:32 pm

LMAO at all the hatin' goin on over at Gestapoville Razz
That guy can't really be serious about optional brake upgrades!
He should worry about upgrading his board to facilitate the mass exodus of refugees. Razz
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:32 pm

I am giving them a hard time on greg and XS's behalf. Fun aint it.

QUESTION!!!

What is reputation and points under the username and avatar??? Why does Eric have a -1 for reputation already....sounds bad Laughing
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  coctostan Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 pm

...and it was a terrible business decision. I would have probably gone with them, but their actions leave me skeptical about their claims. I'm new to this conversion stuff and I emailed them last week with some questions. Scott referred to the forums as just a bunch of drama and the claims being exaggerated likening it to reality TV. I have no doubt that things can seem worse when you read about it online, but I don't need to be told that. It smacks of spin.

Then they follow it up with their underhanded forum takeover and now I really have a hard time trusting them.

Anyway, my plan is to go with XSCHOPs parts and get a set of custom headers made.

The sad thing is that XSCHOP should not have been a major threat to RH. Most people who go with RH want some hand holding and are obviously willing to pay a premium. I don't imagine XSCHOPs parts will come with a swap guide (then again I know of a few RH customers that never received theirs). They could have just as easily incorporated XSCHOPs enhancements.

In the end, they just got crushed by the power of the web.

coctostan

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:23 pm

This board IS your swap guide! Real time in depth help from people whom have done the conversion and can save you money and time!

I'll hold your hand. I love you Laughing
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Old Board new Owners Empty The new Era

Post  xschop Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:03 pm

Anyone that needs their hand held should take their car to RH! LOL..... The "other board" as I call "Gestapoville" was supposed to be a forum of free exchange of ideas and information to help out with the swaps (I Thought). Seems like this was in the making for a long time and I'm not surprised that this kind of thing happened when you have a company sponsored ADMIN that shows up and "deletes" you and your friends because we were considered a threat. I will be glad to post up my emails I got from "ADMIN" and how I was talked to like an invalid. I am not bitter honestly and actually find it kind of humorous. I saw some post where there may come a day when I'm "offered" a chance to come back if I play nice....

Let me make it clear and known to everyone, I don't bow down to anyone and I don't expect anybody to bow down to me either. I think they did Greg wrong more than myself since he has been there from day one and been a huge help to getting my swap done (and still doing mods to) and other folks too. I planned on doing a C5 BH adapter long before I even saw the adapter drawing. It just sped up the process and in the process I discovered a better way to make it stronger, accurate and UNIVERSAL with the help of Greg. Kudos to him. Lastly there is no reinventing the wheel here, just improving it.
That being said, I feel that not only personally, but we all need an apology for the way the old board was demolished by the RH company sponsor/tyrant known as "ADMIN". You reap what you sow.
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:15 pm

They insulted you?
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  v8carreragts Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:12 am

There was nothing copied. I sent Scott a PM asking very nicely what exactly of his was copied. He came back side stepping the question. I asked for patent numbers. (not that I believed he had any) No response to that.

It was his way of trying to eliminate any compitition. Whether or not there was a "hostle" take over we mat never know for sure. I think he was spooked by the very professional CAD files that were generated along with the fact that someone who wasnt in business was able to get parts made on a CNC without needing to order in quantity. I think this made him instantly afraid that he would loose business to the board because we had better parts than he did.

The Vette bellhousing/adapter is brilliant IMO and if he was a very good business man he would have tried to work out a deal with xschop for these. If it was me I would have. He seems to have big problems keeping quality and this would have been an easy way to begin to eliminate them. The same goes for the t/o bearing adapter. It could have been good for him and the board.

As I posted on the old board. I think we should just let them go ans see what happens. But judging by the answers both of them have given I wouldn't hold my breath.
v8carreragts
v8carreragts

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:36 am

Have any of you been on the RH forum while it was still there? I was and it was dead. This was before I was at PH.com. I would see new members join and then all-of-a-sudden, they were gone and theyre usernames were deleted. I would see posts that would speak of making simple parts DIY and then the next day they were gone! I saw great ideas posted and then the RH user would shoot them down...One of which was the LS conversion believe it or not hahahahahaha.

Scott regulated (censored) it sooooo closely that after a year, nothing new was posted. I had a post that stood for over a month with no reply from anyone! Kinda like our old boards 911 section......crickets. Laughing There was also a time where it was hacked and filled with crap and no one fixed it for a very long time.

Thats what will happen to our old board. It will take less than a year to happen. And by then, this board will be huge and more advanced than PH.com. At that point, Scotty will come-a-callin (if their still in business after all this). Remember when our old board was hacked? How about when it had that mysql error and it was 500 to fix?

Hopefully anyone from RH has been pre-banned and all RH folk will be screened out???? I just dont think we need their presence here. They cause a terrible ruckus.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  golfduke Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:14 am

944-LT1 wrote:I am giving them a hard time on greg and XS's behalf. Fun aint it.

QUESTION!!!

What is reputation and points under the username and avatar??? Why does Eric have a -1 for reputation already....sounds bad Laughing

I'll start a new thread in the board discussion, but basically-

When you read a post that you especially like or find helpful/funny/whatever, you press the "THANKS" button on that post, and it will add to that users reputation. It is a way of trying to display the amount of "good stuff" you have put on the board. It's mostly for new members to see who they can trust or not as well.
golfduke
golfduke

Back to top Go down

Post  golfduke Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:16 am

944-LT1 wrote:This board IS your swap guide! Real time in depth help from people whom have done the conversion and can save you money and time!

I'll hold your hand. I love you Laughing

seriously. I was a pretty green mechanic before the swap. Having done it 95%, I'm confident in walking others through it. something about doing 100% of the work yourself or with a few beer buddies has been one of many bright spots in my life. I have found that all of my other hobbies now take a backseat to the porsche (haha), because I enjoy it so much.

You'll be fine without RH. I've got a pretty damn good database of swap parts and requirements for the LSx... don't be afraid to ask questions.
golfduke
golfduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawgz83948 Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:49 am

Anyone read my last post there? Anyone disagree?

Spreading the word [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dawgz83948
Dawgz83948

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next