944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyToday at 12:47 am by sharkey

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 1:01 am by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 10:28 pm by Rond948

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 8:38 pm by Rond948

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

» Crank no start no fuel pump prime
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 pm by Rond948

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 10:15 am by dcoutofstep

» 924 that has been modified already
Kooks headers on eBay  EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:17 am by Gutterboy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Kooks headers on eBay

+4
99sierra4x4
Admin
docwyte
Jasonscottw
8 posters

Go down

Kooks headers on eBay  Empty Kooks headers on eBay

Post  Jasonscottw Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:18 am

Anyone have any experience with these?
About to order headers from TPC but I'm kind of tempted:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251495598834?nav=SEARCH
Jasonscottw
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Kooks headers on eBay  Empty Re: Kooks headers on eBay

Post  docwyte Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:16 pm

I have them, they're fabulous. Perfect fitment with TPC's 1/2" cross member spacers and motor mounts. Look great, perform really well.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasonscottw Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:09 pm

So these are the same ones that have been discussed
previously on the forum that Sloan (? I might have the wrong user name?) was building/selling?
They look amazing but kinda pricey . . .
Jasonscottw
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:49 am

These are the ones SlowMotion had made. They're not that pricey when you look into other coated, long tubes.

Plus these are completely mandrel bent.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:30 am

J,
Those are not the ones previously discussed that Sloan had help develop.The ones he helped with were just 57' chevy conversion headers that were modified and did not fit all that great after everything was said and done.
The Slow motion headers were CNC designed to fit our cars. They were designed around my install kit (I had nothing to do with the design or manufacturing of them ) They are made by Kooks for Slowmotion, He designed them for his projects originally and had Kooks manufacturing them. I be leave you can only get them trough him.
Eric

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  99sierra4x4 Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm

I also purchased the Long Tubes from ebay. Great Fitment, look awesome. I spent the extra dollar and got them.

99sierra4x4

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasonscottw Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks everyone- I understand. Decisions, decisions.
Thinking since my budget is tight for this build I might order Eric's tubular manifolds first,
Get the car running and dialed in and then order these Kooks headers or Eric's headers as my horsepower increases. I guess that might mean doing some of the exhaust work twice but i really want to get this thing on the road and get all the bugs out, and I'm likely to be sub 400hp for awhile-
Jasonscottw
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Post  99sierra4x4 Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:45 pm

That's probably a good idea. I am sub 400hp and the car is a handfull.

99sierra4x4

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasonscottw Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:24 pm

I know it's a really broad question 99sierra but is there anything you would have done differently with the build now that you have had some driving time?
Jasonscottw
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Post  99sierra4x4 Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42 am

I actually haven't been able to drive it much yet, because the Wisconsin winter is just ending. I just started to upload all my build pictures to the web so I can post over in the build section.

Right now my car is pretty loud, so hoping the noise police at the next event are ok.

So far the only thing I have regretted is not buying the oil pan from TPC. Other than that everything mechanically on the car is new / upgraded except the transaxle.

99sierra4x4

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Motion Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks for keeping this post up.

These are back listed on eBay again as we have just got a new shipment in for the winter builds. Below is the information listed on eBay and photos can be seen there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251742711993?item=251742711993&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

If anyone has any questions on these please don't hesitate to call as I guarantee you will love these, they are worth the difference in price. And for those that want to save $140 you can get them direct and save paying the eBay surcharge if you like.

Porsche 944 968 LS Long Tube Stainless Steel Headers 1-7/8 tubes w/3" collectors
These are new LS Hybrid Conversion long tube 1-7/8" mandrel bend primaries tubes with 3 inch collectors with built in 02 bungs. These headers were custom designed for specifically for Porsche 944 968 with LS1 LS2 LS6 LQ4 LQ9 LSX engines. These are Professionally CAM 3D measured at Kooks Custom Headers CAD designed and built by a Kooks Custom Headers under private label and made of 304 stainless steel and fit, LS heads with heavy duty flanges. Bends are all smooth and non restricting as some other designs are. Kits come complete with heavy duty gaskets and new header bolts. Dyno sheets show going from 396 hp to 456 hp from the cut and chop shorty header design on an LS3 with a slight cam and tune. These were privately done and are not available from Kook's direct. These headers are private labeled only available though us due to the initial investment made for the custom design for limited number of these hybrid productions. If you have any questions please contact us.

Pictures on eBay show the steering shaft going through the number 5 and 7 cylinders with plenty of room. These headers are great for aggressive track use or a daily driver. These headers are guaranteed to be better than any other production header for this application. These come complete with a set reusable header to head gaskets and header bolts. We have multiple sets available for immediate shipping. If you have any questions please email before ordering. Orders ship within 2 business days of payment in full. Free shipping only to the lower 48 states only. Thanks for looking and here's to getting more 948's on the road.

If any questions, don't hesitate to call us at 336-448-3881
Slow Motion
Slow Motion

https://www.instagram.com/slowmotionspeed/

Back to top Go down

Post  Techno Duck Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Those look great, I was thinking it would be great to redo my exhaust so every section was stainless. I'd like to get my exhaust completey redone in the future and was thinking full stainless headers would be nice also. The drivers side is very close to the frame rail also currently so it would be a good opportunity to address that also.

Can you comment on how the fitment is around the drivers side frame rail? Any / how much massaging of the frame rail required?

Techno Duck

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:54 pm

I've got these headers on my car and the fitment is spot on.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Motion Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks Doc

Beat me to it. Even though these have 1"7/8 primary tubes, these were designed not to do anything to the car at all. There is no need for massaging, bending, prying, bashing or any of those other mean words to get these to fit. You will be extremely satisfied. I even have mandrel bent 45 degree pieces available to get the pipes side by side down the torque tube tunnel so that you can either put in an X or H connector between the two 3' pipes down the center. There are different theories on which is better X or H but there may be better threads for that on LS1tech.com?

If any questions on them, don't hesitate to call us at 336-448-3881
Slow Motion
Slow Motion

Back to top Go down

Post  markpetersonii Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:45 am

Just came across this and I'm about 100% sure I'll be picking these up.

I have experience with Kooks from my old 05 GTO. They are the best headers out there, I would love them on my 944 as well. I'm in NC as well, I wonder if I'd be able to just pick them up and save on shipping.

markpetersonii

http://www.map2photography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Slow Motion Fri May 22, 2015 9:07 pm

No problems for local pick ups. Can also meet on certain track days at some of the local tracks I frequent in VA GA and SC. Will also be running again this year with the Search for the Ultimate Street Car Series at NCM in Bowling Green KY Charlotte Motor Speedway and Road America. Thank for all the support with our 948 long tube headers.
Slow Motion
Slow Motion

Back to top Go down

Post  Drivers_Anonymous Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:02 pm

Hey guys, thought I'd try and revive this forum since the Kooks headers are no longer available on ebay. Were these 944 swap specific? and does anyone have a part number for these? Im considering going with these once I start my swap bounce
Drivers_Anonymous
Drivers_Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:40 pm

They're 944 LS swap specific AND you have to use 1/2" cross member spacers. If you dig thru my build thread you'll find a picture I took of the Kooks box that has the part number on it. You can call Kooks directly and ask about them...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:54 pm

The headers are not available direct from Kooks, they are sold by Chris Porter.
He sells direct and through re-sellers, TPC is a reseller.

If you look at the thread above, Chris is Slow Motion Speed.

Feel free to contact us or Chris, slowmotionspeed@gmail.com

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down