944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» FS: 1987 951 LS
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 5:31 am by carr911

» Power Steering Issues
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 1:54 pm by spence

» 1987 944 Turbo --> LS
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 7:59 pm by chrenan

» WTB C5 2 piece bell housing
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 pm by alex456gt

» backwards LS6 intake
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 6:24 pm by murrayg

» Testing the waters. I have a working '83 944 with a '94 LT1 that I want to let go.
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 7:44 am by Bmillar

» Totalled 1985.5 Porsche 944
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 3:53 pm by Bmillar

» Clutch wont disengage!
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 10:51 pm by RobotMachines

» tachometer
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 am by smkn951

» 86 Porsche 944T LS1 swap begins
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 9:31 pm by smkn951

September 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 Empty Re: So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.

Post  aixgelo78 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:42 pm

I think its time for me to buy one Surprised

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 Empty Re: So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.

Post  aixgelo78 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Leak looks like it stopped. Received the new fitting today and roll pin, installed it, added some brake fluid and so far so good. I'll bleed it thoroughly this weekend, but its a step ahead for me.

I'm ecstatic that it looks like I won't have to pull the trans an tt. I'm just going to pray that....this is it and I can move forward.

I need to save some money and buy some of Admin & xschop's stuff.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:26 pm

intake:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:36 pm

First time on all fours.... Pretty happy and motivated to finish

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Nice wheels.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  - Page 3 Empty Finally, my car is running.....

Post  aixgelo78 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Finally got my car registered, inspected and put maybe 40 miles on her......

First issue was a maf issue, found one of my maf pins not all the way in. Since SPP convinced me initially to go speed density, I didn't have a maf harness. I retrofitted a maf into the harness and one of the pins was not all the way through.

Second, I did not plug the vacuum port on the on the back of the manifold by the map. (not the big one, the smaller one). It's been a year since the motor was installed, so I forgot all about it.

Last, was after driving the car all over town 40 or so miles, I parked the car, then decided to move it a few feet, then the car did not want to hold idle. The damn map sensor died. Luckily I had a spare and it started right up.

So far so good. I had shifting to first problems after the car got warm, but a little adjustment on the shifter seemed to address that. But only time will tell for now. I still need to install the short shifter, new fluid, axle seals, inspect bushings, and install the trans mount. I adjusted the clutch pedal rod a few times, so hopefully I got it right.

Is there a certain way that it is adjusted?

Impressions, needs a tune. I need more HP.

Pics for click:

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  Porch on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Looks great!
It took a while to get mine all dialed in, and there's still stuff to fix, but that's the nice thing about these cars...they get nicer with age Smile
Porch
Porch

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Got some XSchop loving done ........

Great stuff. Only thing extra I needed was longer mount to trans bolts. The only PITA was that the linkage to SS bolt broke and I had to drill and tap a new and larger bolt.

I give Robs parts two thumbs up...

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 am

so when does it stop? Smile

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Om the dyno...Wish I had 20 more WHP

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 pm

What did you end up with?

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 pm

docwyte wrote:What did you end up with?

379whp 353wtrq

I was expecting/hoping for more.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:52 pm

What's your set up?

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:46 am

docwyte wrote:What's your set up?

99 ls1
Ls6 intake manifold
Ms4 cam
Same headers as you
18 inch tires

They said my intake and headers were my problem. Then they were telling me to upgrade my heads.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:10 am

Pretty much the same results as me. Are you pulling a vacuum up top? I am, so the intake was the first thing I was told to change, then the headers...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich L. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Those are pretty good numbers. For just a cam and intake, 379 at the wheels is good. Mine makes 438 hp and 417 lbft at the crank with the LS1 intake, just an upgraded cam. What's the drivetrain loss on these cars?

I'm told what mine needs next is better valve springs. What do you guys use when you go to a hotter cam? Are the yellow Z06 springs an upgrade at all?

Rich
Rich L.
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Not sure which brand mine are, they're whatever Engine Power Systems recommended to me...

With all of us getting the same power with different cams I suspect the S&P headers are holding us back. Eric's new long tube headers with the larger primary's would most likely make much more power...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:56 pm

docwyte wrote:Not sure which brand mine are, they're whatever Engine Power Systems recommended to me...

With all of us getting the same power with different cams I suspect the S&P headers are holding us back. Eric's new long tube headers with the larger primary's would most likely make much more power...

I would love a set. You want to buy me a set? Smile

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Sure, right after I buy myself a set. :-). They're next on my list, then the car should be done for a little while...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich L. on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:22 pm

I have them. Wink

But my numbers are from the engine dyno with the shop's headers. Haven't strapped the car down yet.

Rich
Rich L.
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:39 pm

Would love to see the results from a dynojet and what your setup is. Gene, me and now Chris have basically the same setups, with some variations in cam and we've all basically dynoed the same. Chris should be making more power, he has a pretty aggressive cam...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:22 pm

docwyte wrote:Would love to see the results from a dynojet and what your setup is. Gene, me and now Chris have basically the same setups, with some variations in cam and we've all basically dynoed the same. Chris should be making more power, he has a pretty aggressive cam...

Yep...the tuner, although they were trying to sell me heads, mentioned that I should be making 30more whp with better breathing(without heads)

Can we do a group buy on these headers? Eric?

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:21 pm

My tuberculosis said i'd pick up 20-30rwhp from a larger intake and throttle body. Then the headers would make up even more. The rh headers aren't long tube, but they're 1 7/8" vs the 1 5/8" that the s&p headers are. Clearly that makes a big difference as TonyG made 400rwhp with an ls6 intake and the rh headers

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich L. on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm going to install COMP 26918 valve springs to match my COMP 273 cam. Then I'll strap the old girl down to a dyno and get some numbers. It's an otherwise stock LS1, freshly rebuilt with h-beam rods and Eric's long tube headers. Should be a good comparison although I'm at 80 ft above sea level. Cool

Rich
Rich L.
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3