944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build - A Summary
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyYesterday at 11:30 am by Gutterboy

» Honda k24 swap
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2024 6:12 am by Colibri Green

» power steering pump
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.

+11
docwyte
spence
skywalker01
87-944S
Arthropraxis
Rich L.
Lemming
acorad
944-LT1
aixgelo78
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  Empty So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.

Post  aixgelo78 Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:06 pm

So after the Sloan debacle and how that went down. That put me into a dead stop until I was able to source some of the parts missing/never returned.

Quick recap.
88 turbo S
2000 LS1(camaro)
interior was maroon, now mostly black

Every move I made, I was faced with things that hindered me, such as:
stolen harnesses, needed to buy a new one
steering shaft needed to be extended
the headers needed to be modified for steering shaft where it should have not been
needed to learn how to make brake lines
mounting the radiator
fuel pump didnt fit right(walbro)
radiator hose PITA
the VSS sensor kit needed to be modified and then relocated

This is another reason for the delay. A little of a surprise, she is 7mo now.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This was about a year ago.

In from the top(about a year ago where I left off):

Almost there(pic from a few days ago)

What a PITA:
Found one that work:
:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  Empty Re: So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.

Post  944-LT1 Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Glad to have you back! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  Empty Re: So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.

Post  acorad Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Congrats on your daughter & the car looks like a beauty, too!
acorad
acorad

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemming Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:25 am

acorad wrote:Congrats on your daughter & the car looks like a beauty, too!

+1
Lemming
Lemming

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 am

Thanks guys. I couldn't have gone this far without this forum and the help of some individuals.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  948 Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am

Welcome back and congrats on both achievements...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich L. Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Lookin' good. What did you use for a radiator hose to connect the "PITA" spot?

Rich
Rich L.
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Congratulations, they will both change your life and they both get more expensive to maintain the older they get.
I don't know where he found the correct radiator hose. I used a splices by jagsthatrun.com between the factory hoses from the LS1 and the Porsche hose for the upper and lower radiator hoses.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  87-944S Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Welcome back! She's a beauty, oh, and the car is OK too! Congrats on the daughter, definitely a life changer, hard to believe mine is now 16. Great that you are back working on the car, surpised so soon after the grand event. Look forward to seeing the progress.
87-944S
87-944S

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome guys.

The car is fairly easy to work on, it's just doing it for the first time is the hard part. I took a couple of weeks off of work because I had the time and worked on the car and watched the baby(she got sick over thanksgiving).

To add a little bit to the collective.

I used a Griffin Radiator as suggested in the manual. For the passenger side, stock LS1 thermostat to radiator, I used an Advance Autoparts hose 71321. It had to be cut significantly because I only needed the center 6-7in out of the whole 18in.

For the driver's side, I used several pieces to make it do what I wanted. out of the waterpump, I used an Advance Autoparts 71994 then trimmed it to a 1.5" to .75" to 1.5" T from Jag's, then a silicone 1.5" to 1.5" 90 to a 1.5" to 3/8npt to 1.75" T from Jag's, then to an Advance Autoparts 72357. Do you follow or is it confusing?

Chris

The 3/8NPT T was used for the coolant temp sensor. I didn't like the idea of the adapter on the side of the head because I feel like it would have air pockets stuck in that area.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Didn't know where else to post it, but where is everybody from? Im in South Nj, right outside of Philly anybody else near me?

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  87-944S Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm in Rockville MD, about 3 hours from you. There is a handful of us in the DC area.
87-944S
87-944S

Back to top Go down

Post  948 Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:08 pm

aixgelo78 wrote:Didn't know where else to post it, but where is everybody from? Im in South Nj, right outside of Philly anybody else near me?
I am near Allentown. I used to live in SJ, Just east of Vineland.

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:09 am

I'm in Laurel, MD - smack dab in the middle between Baltimore and DC, about 30 mins north of Mike.
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:40 am

skywalker01 wrote:I'm in Laurel, MD - smack dab in the middle between Baltimore and DC, about 30 mins north of Mike.

My sister lives in laurel, pretty close to the mall.(may's...ect)

I go to Maryland and Virginia 2-3 times a year to visit some family, but I don't think my wife would allow me to take the a family of four in the Porsche.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:07 pm

She is Alive!!!!!

not too much drama:
i forgot to tighten the fuel line to the rail, fixed that quickly and got my fire extinguisher out. didn't want anything to happen even before I get to drive it.

I kept on priming, took about 40 seconds worth of cranking before oil came out. I was checking for oil at the fuel filter. maybe a coincidence, but I put about 1/8th of a quart down the oil pressure sensor hole. After that it primed quickly

When I first started the engine, I loosely tightened the oil filter, with the oil pressure, it blew out about 2 quarts in 5 seconds. had a mess to clean up.

So far I only have about 2 minutes of run time total. Sounds like I have a miss, but I know I have an aggressive cam, so I still need to finish up a few things. 02 sensors are not even connected yet.

still have idle issues, but I think it still needs to "learn"

enough reading, heres the link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:28 pm

Mine idled fairly rough without the MAF and IAT sensors hooked up. Today was the first day the O2, MAF and IAT sensors were hooked up and it ran so much more smooth. How are you going to route your intake? Congratulations, it feels good like the light at the end of the tunnel.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  skywalker01 Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 pm

Another one joins the masses! Congratulations!!
skywalker01
skywalker01

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Arthropraxis wrote:Mine idled fairly rough without the MAF and IAT sensors hooked up. Today was the first day the O2, MAF and IAT sensors were hooked up and it ran so much more smooth. How are you going to route your intake? Congratulations, it feels good like the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have no clue on what I can do on the intake yet, but that's comforting that it "sounds" normal to you guys. I really do not want to use hood pins, but it looks like i might have to for the intake.

I am now motivated again about the car. but this part of the build is nickle and diming me. I am happy to join the club.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 pm

I did my intake off to the drivers side and it fits well, just finished today. I used a 4 to 3.5 inch 90 degree intake elbow, a 3.5 inch OD aluminum connector, a piece of the original GTO intake and a K&N filter. If you want to go that way I can get you more details.
If you think you have a miss feel the headers. The one that has a miss should be cold. If they are all hot, it is probably the sensors not being hooked up and running rich.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Arthropraxis wrote:I did my intake off to the drivers side and it fits well, just finished today. I used a 4 to 3.5 inch 90 degree intake elbow, a 3.5 inch OD aluminum connector, a piece of the original GTO intake and a K&N filter. If you want to go that way I can get you more details.
If you think you have a miss feel the headers. The one that has a miss should be cold. If they are all hot, it is probably the sensors not being hooked up and running rich.

If you don't mind posting a picture at your earliest convenience, that would be cool. Although I really like the idea of routing it under the header panel.

As for the miss, thats a good tip! I just need to be careful not to burn myself.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  spence Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:50 am

You can also do this by spraying a little water on them. Then you wont burn yourself
spence
spence

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Congrats! For my intake I went straight ahead with it, K&N air filter from an F body intake kit right underneath the header panel where the intercooler used to be.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  Empty Here you go

Post  Arthropraxis Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

So, after a long hiatus. I finally got to continue to where I left off.  Empty My 2cents

Post  fliermike45 Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:12 pm

My intake installation.

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next