HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 18x10" Enkei wheels
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 pm by Sterling Doc

» Around the block
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am by Red944ls1

» RX7 Caliper Swap
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 am by osx86ftw

» Cooling solutions please!
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 pm by yamamtx

» Holley intake, vacuum pump and cross member spacer
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 am by zeusrotty

» Sparkydog's Abnormal Build - 944 With L67 + Ford Stuff & CARB Legal
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm by sparkydog

» LSA Supercharged 86 Porsche 944
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:41 am by haroldk

» Coolant / header tank cap
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 pm by Arthropraxis

» Cadillac ATS Brembo Front Brake Swap
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:43 pm by superman22x

» 83 944 Front Brake Calipers Left and Right different?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:10 pm by mred2nice

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

I need some help to get this ball rolling

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I need some help to get this ball rolling

Post  Turbobrat930 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm

924s, Here is another option for the wiring. You personally may not like this one, as its expensive, but I will throw it out there for you and others.

I put a LT-1 in my Jeep rock crawler. It came out of a 1996 car. Down here in Georgia, we do not have any emissions to worry about, so I wanted to take the EGR, air pump, VATS, and other crap out of the wiring harness and computer. Someone told me about Howell Fuel Injection in Michigan.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was VERY happy that I went with them. Their product is top shelf. They custom make you a wiring harness using factory GM conectors. They make the harness just the right length so it fits perfectly on the engine. They also will pull out of the harness whatever it is that you do not need ( EGR, air pump, etc), and they close the harness up by using this high quality nylon braided wire loom. ( No more of the split plastic crap that deteriorates with time and heat). They also pulled the VATS system out of the computer for me, and chipped the computer as well. The wiring harness comes with its own little fuse block with 5 fuses in it. You need to hook up 5 wires and the ehgine will start right up. No more searching for what pin does what. ( you will still need to hook up your guages, etc) buttheir instructions were awesome with this as well. SO, 5 wires for the engine, 5 or so more to hook up the A/C, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, volt, etc...and you are done.

My Jeep has been done for about 3 years now..and absolutely no problems. Yes, they are a bit more expensive.... but IMHO, well worth it!!! Just another option

Turbobrat930

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:15 pm

I also used Howell for a Toyota vortec swap that I did a few years back. They did have very good instructions and tech support. I would recommend them before you go with a painless harness. I used a painless harness to put a 2004 Vortec in to my Dad's 85' Chevy, we are still having wiring issues. They tell us that the harness was made for off road only. What the F#@@ Shocked

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  billymild on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:29 am

Has anyone use the RH harness?

billymild

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Yup. I have the RH harness. It is made for them by fuel injection specialties in texas.

Skip the middle man and call them directly. Probably save 300 bucks that way. Laughing Also, when you send in your computer for tuning, they send the computers straight back out to these guys! This is why RH has the long shipping delays.

944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  gt1scca on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:20 pm

944-LT1 wrote:Skip the middle man and call them directly. Probably save 300 bucks that way...
I can mod harnesses...check my gallery.
PCMs are still sketchy...

I am also designing an LT1 crank reluctor ring, packaged with the coil packs, harness & module that will [sit down LT1 guys...] eliminate the Optispark distributor, GM harness and PCM, and will be controlled by a Megasquirt controller!

PM me...

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Shocked Whaaaaaaa?

944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  billymild on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm very close to getting a LS1 complete engine with only 60,000 miles. I'm stoched. Now my problem is that I won't really have a great garage to put this all together so I may not be able to get this actually started til winter. I would like to start collecting parts for the build though.

My list as of now is engine, mounts for the engine, wiring harness that will allow me to hook up the Porsche gauges, bellhousing, clutch, and some other things. I know I'm missing some stuff. What other major components are needed to get this project up and at least running?

billymild

Back to top Go down

Post  gt1scca on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:56 pm

944-LT1 wrote:Shocked Whaaaaaaa?
That's right...GOT YOUR ATTENTION, HUH? Razz
Megasquirt has finally reached out to the "Opti-impaired", sort-of...But without a reluctor ring for the LT1. Guess that's up to me...

You can build an MS system for about what the GM PCM and flash costs. The EDIS-8 (Ford V8) coil pack complete system (including crank sensor) can be bought used or new, and that leaves the reluctor ring, which will bolt onto the face of the LT1 balancer. Not even the 3rd Gen sites have an LT1 reluctor...and they have cried "OptiCrap" for 15 years...

(Wake up, people!)

It'll work, and will be dependable. Infinitely adjustable. Cheap by comparison.

Megasquirt v3.57 coming soon...even more features, and more options for ignition control...
[...Until then, I'll run the MS / EDIS setup...]

When the LT1 / EDIS "kit" is ready, I'll let ya know...

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top