HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Which turbo trans for my swap application?
Yesterday at 8:10 pm by racertomtom

» Poly based strut mounts on exchange
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 pm by xschop

» 18x10" Enkei wheels
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 pm by Sterling Doc

» Around the block
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am by Red944ls1

» RX7 Caliper Swap
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 am by osx86ftw

» Cooling solutions please!
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 pm by yamamtx

» Holley intake, vacuum pump and cross member spacer
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 am by zeusrotty

» Sparkydog's Abnormal Build - 944 With L67 + Ford Stuff & CARB Legal
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm by sparkydog

» LSA Supercharged 86 Porsche 944
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:41 am by haroldk

» Coolant / header tank cap
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 pm by Arthropraxis

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Gregg Sloan

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gregg Sloan

Post  aixgelo78 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:23 am

WOW....is there anybody else?

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  alienwerke on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:16 pm

One more here.

Being one of the "first" inverstors (more than a year ago) on the C5 adapter plate project I know I should rant but I know he is on a dificult place right now. I believe he had his best intentions at heart and simply things went wrong for him. We all take chances in this board by sending money or parts to other members all the time.

I do hope things turn around for him, everyone gets their promised parts, greg gets his reputation
restored and I get my investment returned.

-Alienwerke

alienwerke

Back to top Go down

Post  spence on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 pm

When I ordered my parts from Greg, he was great and delivered them to me about a month after ordering them (that was back in may).
spence

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 pm

We all have respect for Gregg and to what he contributed to this community. From his manual to his hard parts, a lot of those guys (Admin, xschop) had made it easier for us to do this swap and give us an alternative to RH. But, at what point do we draw the line?

Our/My parts were ordered waaay before his comming out of financial issues. Solid promisses were made to when it would be delivered. Thousands of dollars of parts have been collecting dust for months. Now, I and others are having to shell out $$$ for parts they already paid for once before. Making us do drastic measures.

Like I said before, he now has my money and my engine harnesses, I would like my harnesses back. There is no excuse in the world on why he could not send it back to me....and send xschop's harness as well for that matter.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  Juramalt on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:57 pm

After reading this I don't think I will be ordering anything from him. He's not the only casualty of the Credit crunch. His book would have been useful too. Any chance to get the broken pdf links fixed on here?

Juramalt

Back to top Go down

Greg Sloan

Post  fliermike45 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:31 am

I to am owed parts, he did supply the bulk of my initial order but the pax side engine mount does not fit with an a/c compressor.
He promised to fix this.
He also owes me a transmission stiffner plate and rotor centering rings.
I'm held up without the mount.

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:52 pm

I to am owed parts, he did supply the bulk of my initial order but the pax side engine mount does not fit with an a/c compressor.
He promised to fix this.
He also owes me a transmission stiffner plate and rotor centering rings.
I'm held up without the mount.

I was in the same spot. I had to bite the bullet and install the motor with the other mount and remove the ac compressor. I was promised a replacement, and I even offered to pay for it so he doesnt have to "loose" money on the deal. That was 6 months ago.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Got to work on my car today......sorry for the cell phone pics, my hands were dirty to use the dslr

did this last week, but with the help of Porch's pics i was able to get the waterpump to heater core hoses done....not secure yet, but at least its done.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today, I mounted the master clutch cylinder and the brake master cylinder. What a PITA to get the studs out of the clutch cylinder and drill them out. I needed to dent the inner fender well to get the banjo fitting in, so its removable. That was the hardest part of the job. Still need to mount the push rod for the brake, but ill save it for next time.

What is the cleanest way to do the brake lines? any part numbers or special fittings?

now where does this terminate to, Im assuming to vacum? also, what is it for? Can I delete it or clean it up?

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Terminate it in the trash can, unless you are going back to your four banger. It was part of the evap system on the Porsche motor. The line that runs across the fire walls goes back to the tank as a vent line and the other side goes to the charcoal canister under the finder.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Am I right to assume you can just run a in pipe across that vacuum line section from the vent to the canister so the T joint is removed and your canister is hooked to your tank vent still?
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

So... Im starting a bulid, should I not order parts from Greg? I dont want to be waiting for things.

Post  zeusrotty on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:38 am

Nor do I want my money out there without a definitive agreed upon time frame. And if not Greg, where do I go for parts? Also, Id like to buy a manual, but can I trust him to actually send me one if I pay for it?

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

Post  modenas on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:37 am

members here have made up parts, shared where we get them, and theres also eric who doesnt try to be big, he is just there to help forum. ceck the for sale thread, we have few members with conversion parts, and also texas performance concepts, and my i say, welcome to forum.
modenas

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:12 am

Eric (admin) runs texas performance concepts. He has alot of the parts you need and he is pretty good about time frames. I have not had an issue yet from him. Then of course you can go a little more expensive and go Renegade brand. But I realized after doing that they out source alot of their products and you have to pay middle man fees for them.
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:27 pm

y zeusrotty on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:38 am

Nor do I want my money out there without a definitive agreed upon time frame. And if not Greg, where do I go for parts? Also, Id like to buy a manual, but can I trust him to actually send me one if I pay for it?

Ill tell you this much, my order was placed in November of 09. I still have unfulfilled parts, I had to buy my own replacement parts. He has my 951 harness as well as my LS1 harness. I have made several requests for them to be returned. He has not. He has done ZERO since my posting and half a dozen members already came forward about their missing parts.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  zeusrotty on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, I need to get my hands on a manual, and now it doesnt seem like its safe to buy one. Anyone got one I can buy?

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

xschop I cant answer your pm... Dont have privlidges yet.

Post  zeusrotty on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is my address...

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

Not Enuf posts....

Post  xschop on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:47 am

Just start a thread about your dog or Grandma LOL
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:36 am

Just start a thread about your dog or Grandma LOL

Tell her I said hi

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

I need a manual!!!!!

Post  zeusrotty on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm

so does anyone have a manual I can buy?

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 pm

It is nice to have all the info in one place. All of the info you need is on this site or the Wiki. you could start an indexed book of relevant posts to create your own manual. I was doing just that before the manual was made.
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Seems like it would be easier to just buy the book.

Post  zeusrotty on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Besides everyone says its valuable information.

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:12 pm

The part designs in the manual are wrong too, alot of them are missing information or just have the wrong measurements. The best thing is to do what they are saying and keep a log of pages to form the book, the conversion is pretty much straight forward, the biggest thing is getting the parts needed and the rest mostly falls into place.
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Definitely easier to buy one.

Last edited by Arthropraxis on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  gt1scca on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Bash, bash, bash away...Tell ya what zeusrotty, I'll ship you one to review...If you think it's worth the money, pay for it. If not, burn it. PM your mailing address. I don't care what you guys think or say, because without my input, this "Romper Room" forum wouldn't be what it is today. Run it all in the ground boys. I really don't care anymore.

And yes, your Grandma is getting old...
Razz

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 pm

wasnt bashing on you greg, just have problems with alot of the drawings. I have made attempts to get the right specs from you politely and had to go other places to get what I needed.

I understand that this thing wouldnt be anywhere close to what it is today without your input. In my experience with the manual I cant get parts made to the right specs unless I take my car to the machine shop and have them tinker with the specs until they fill in all the blanks.

Not trying to piss on your boots or anything. Your instructions are good and now days alot of them are on the sites themselves. The main reason I got the book was for the tech specs. Just trying to help a fellow converter from getting hung up in alot of technicalities and hopefully help his mod go smooth.
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top