944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Honda k24 swap
Gregg Sloan EmptyYesterday at 6:12 am by Colibri Green

» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build
Gregg Sloan EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 6:28 pm by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
Gregg Sloan EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
Gregg Sloan EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Gregg Sloan EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Gregg Sloan EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Gregg Sloan EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Gregg Sloan EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Gregg Sloan EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Gregg Sloan EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Gregg Sloan

+15
spence
alienwerke
944-LT1
Marky522
expuppy
Luke714
docwyte
cfgioja
Bluemach1
xschop
fliermike45
modenas
gt1scca
Arthropraxis
aixgelo78
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gregg Sloan Empty Not so much about Gregg Sloan any more, thread!

Post  aixgelo78 Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Gregg,

Since you do not reply to my emails and my PMs, I'm have no choice(again) to post something here. I am sorry to the forum members to have to read this. But this is costing me well over $10k if this project tanks. And it is costing me a lot of personal grief with my family.
My project is about to tank, because of my order placed in November of 2009 is still not yet complete. I am missing my own 951 turbo S harness, my own LS1 harness, misc parts to my clutch cylinder, the correct motor mounts and misc parts to the remote oil cooler. I have again, and again, offered to pay for the parts that I already paid for, because I am sensitive to your situation. I have offered to cover shipping and send you a check, because I have been down that path once before. I asked you for the part numbers so I can buy the parts myself. And still, I get no reply. If I do get a reply it's a quick reply to get rid of me bugging you. I am a big supporter of "small" business, and I was a big supporter of what you were "about". But after 9-10 months, I am now having personal problems with this project. You promised to get the parts to "existing" order. I was the "second" order from your site. Where are my parts? Lucky me, I didn't buy your headers when you asked me to buy your extra set. I would've probably been out more cash.
I went your route, because I did not have the time to research the parts I needed. I paid good money for all your parts, without hesitation. And I get screwed.

Chris B

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Gregg Sloan Empty Re: Gregg Sloan

Post  Arthropraxis Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. He posted recently that he was looking into refinancing the site with a loan. If that works out I am looking forward to some packages in the mail.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. He posted recently that he was looking into refinancing the site with a loan. If that works out I am looking forward to some packages in the mail.

I hope you get your packages.....I hope everybody else out there gets their stuff. Its not like I/We ordered it a couple of months ago. spring/summer came and went

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  gt1scca Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Chris,

From the content of two of your recent emails, "F" this and that get you nowhere with me. I am more than willing to finish what I started, but I've had it with the explicit bullcrap, and I will not be talked to this way and still be expected to bend over backwards for any damned body. If meeting your "F"-ing demands are not possible within your expected time frame, I cannot crap some money just to make you happy.

I'll handle ALL existing parts orders as soon as possible, period.

Greg

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Gregg,

Please tell me how many times I emailed you prior to the last email I sent you. Please tell me what you have promised me that "most of the parts will be there next week". That week has gone and went, and so has every other promise you have given me. Please tell me how long have I waited "patiently" for My parts. From day 1, Ive requested an open line of communication. The only time you ever communicated is when I put you on blast. Have I been reasonable? Have I been unfair? Have I made promises that I broke? And you are the one upset at me? Give me a freaking brake and look at youself in the mirror.

And how do I make you bend over gregg? By paying you in advance? By giving you my ls1 manifold and shipping it to you for free? by offering financial help to pay for stuff I already paid for? Please explain.

Chris

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 pm

***I have given you every chance, every opportunity, to make ammends of your promisses. And I did not even deserve a response from you? And you are mad at me for this "explicit bullcrap"?

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  modenas Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 pm

here, i can help with that, how about free uprights to a fellow 944 hybrider?
modenas
modenas

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:29 pm

This so ironic.....The internet brings the best and the worst out of people sometimes. By just "venting" my frustrations about a member, I have received several PMs offering assistance. I have already been offered free parts, and links to help me acquire the parts I need. To those, who offered to help, I thank you. I promise to repay you in cases of beer.

regards
chris

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Gregg Sloan Empty At least he has responded to someone.

Post  fliermike45 Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:11 am

Seems like he's communicating at last.

I had the same problem, silence, after the back problems, nothing, no indication that he was in financial difficulties. Paypal knows now.

I was lucky my first order of over $1000 all came through, now I have engine mounts that don't fit.

Can't move forward unless I buy one of the LS cross members from Texas.

fliermike45

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:13 am

You're welcome to anything here if you need it......Sad to see the Jaded list is growing....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hey Mike, you can mod a non AC passenger upright to set back for "AC Plates". Just weld some bolt-through material to the back side of a regular upright, then brace down to the upright tube.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not needed)
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluemach1 Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:26 am

I might have a couple of extra of the rivised passenger side motor mount plates. I just have to pick up the steel plate. I was going to shoot one down to Eric (TPC) so that I could get my upright replaced. Maybe he would be interested in making a couple extra while he is at it?

Bluemach1

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3378613

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:21 pm

I found this pretty cool site for some of the fittings I need..... for my clutch line

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

now I just have to figure out motor mounts and harnesses

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  modenas Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:27 pm

xschop sent his somewhere and they did a great job
modenas
modenas

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:08 am

SSP has a standalone 1-off for the 944 now ($299). They even lengthened the VSS lead and the passenger O2 sensor lead per my install instructions as well. The rest is a true PLUG N PLAY with the diagram I posted using the 2 Buss fuse blocks and independent relays.

EDIT....make sure you tell them to leave the PCM in 4 cyl mode. They are good people to work with and are going to reflash mine back to 4 cyl. mode when I get a chance to send it back. I'm having too much fun to have this car down for a week LOL Very Happy
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:28 pm

After a long talk with my wife, we both decided that I wont scrap this project despite the fact Im missing some key parts. With the help of some of the members, Im getting it done....

I got the motor in today. Wasn't horible, but learned a few things.
1)did notice that I needed to enlarge the torque tube holes
2)removal of waterpump makes it easier for installation
3)torque tube shaft measured roughly 5.75" wouldn't budge anymore
4)Had a problem with the cross member bolt I bought from gregg, so is it 12mm x 1.5 x 90mm?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do you notice the problem? forgive the phone pics....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  modenas Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:41 pm

congrates, had you heard from greg yet?
modenas
modenas

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:46 pm

congrates, had you heard from greg yet

Unfortunately I have not.....

Thanks for all your help Billy!

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  modenas Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:55 pm

hey no problem, so what next on the car? everything looking great, wish i had my motor that far along, but of course it is still a bare block in the back seat of my explorer
modenas
modenas

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:03 pm

I plan on working on the pedal assembly. Then cooling and the manual rack conversion..... Im sure Ill be PMing you with questions..hehe.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:00 am

did you actually manage to get that to drop into the car from the top? I had better luck dropping the car on the engine.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:59 pm

did you actually manage to get that to drop into the car from the top? I had better luck dropping the car on the engine.

-Dropped it from the top, but had to remove the water pump to clear the hood latch.
-used that engine adjuster thingy(had it for years but dont remember what it is called) it made it a lot easier
-Installed the cross member after the engine and TT was mounted

worked out good for me

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Sorry to hear that your troubles haven't been addressed yet Chris. Hopefully with the help from others on this board you can get your car up and running!

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Actually Doc, you may be helping us all out. I think Eric is going to copy your plates and uprights so he can sell a set that will work with A/C. At least I hope he does, my motor needs a home.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Well someone has to be the guinea pig, might as well be me.

I know Eric is using my car to test the headers and oil pan too.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  aixgelo78 Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Sorry to hear that your troubles haven't been addressed yet Chris. Hopefully with the help from others on this board you can get your car up and running!

Thanks Doc, hehe, I saw pics of your motor in and was like WTF, already! So you motivated me...

Situation sucks, I cant wait a year for someone to come up with parts that was promised over and over. Then Im the bad guy for putting him on blast. Not to mention my harnesses.

No worries...Ill prob contact eric for headers.

aixgelo78

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next