944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyToday at 9:56 am by ndog52

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 1:01 am by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 10:28 pm by Rond948

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 8:38 pm by Rond948

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

» Crank no start no fuel pump prime
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 pm by Rond948

» What coilover spring rates are you running with torsion bar removed?
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 10:15 am by dcoutofstep

» 924 that has been modified already
Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:17 am by Gutterboy

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's

3 posters

Go down

Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's Empty Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's

Post  docwyte Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:30 am

Getting close to starting an LSx swap, but have a few questions. I've read the FAQ and browsed the forums.

Donor car is an '89 Turbo S. It has the 944 S2 transmission, so it's geared quite a bit higher than the factory one, car isn't a daily driver, it's more of a nice day plus track car. Will I want to swap out to the factory turbo trans to get the lower gearing?

Is it possible to retain the cruise control? If so, how? I drive the car to the track, so cruise would be nice.

What LSx motor is the best one to get? Ie, what year and model camaro/firebird/etc should I be looking for? I just need the longblock, engine wiring harness and ECU right?

What's the latest setup for hydro boosting the brakes?

I can't make more than 371 rwhp before I break out of my class for time trials, but I do want the car to be pretty close to that. Just a cam swap is needed, or will I need to do more to get to that power level?

What I want is working A/C and heat, all factory gauges working, power brakes and cruise control (if possible)...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's Empty Re: Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's

Post  Arthropraxis Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 am

If you have the Porsche cruise you can keep that, it is on it's own loop. If you do a DBW setup it can be wired for the LS1 ecu to handle the cruise.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's Empty Re: Is it possible to keep the factory cruise control and other noob Q's

Post  Porch Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:52 am

Cruise control requires nothing for it to work. Everything should function fine if it did before.

I would not run the S2 transmission. It's worth quite a bit to the 4-cylinder 944 guys. Sell it and buy a turbo trans. I've got one for sale, but it's open diff and non-cooled. Worked great for me, though Smile

You can go with any flavor LS motor you want. Personally, i would save yourself the hassle and just get an LS1 from an '01-'02 Camaro/Firebird. It will have the correct accessory setup, the LS6 intake manifold, a decent computer, and it'll be just a cam swap away from 370 hp. (Note: i'm not saying the LS2 or LS3 aren't better, but the LS1 is proven and plenty powerful, not to mention cheaper)

Hydroboost brakes...well, that's going to be my next step. Until then, no info from me...
Porch
Porch

Back to top Go down