HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 18x10" Enkei wheels
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 pm by Sterling Doc

» Around the block
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am by Red944ls1

» RX7 Caliper Swap
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 am by osx86ftw

» Cooling solutions please!
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 pm by yamamtx

» Holley intake, vacuum pump and cross member spacer
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 am by zeusrotty

» Sparkydog's Abnormal Build - 944 With L67 + Ford Stuff & CARB Legal
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm by sparkydog

» LSA Supercharged 86 Porsche 944
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:41 am by haroldk

» Coolant / header tank cap
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 pm by Arthropraxis

» Cadillac ATS Brembo Front Brake Swap
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:43 pm by superman22x

» 83 944 Front Brake Calipers Left and Right different?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:10 pm by mred2nice

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Insult or opinion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insult or opinion?

Post  2cousins on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:44 am

Hey guys. I've been helping my cousin Gene on his track car for several months now and I have to say that I'm proud to be part of this amazing project. I have learned a lot not only from the experience but from this forum as well. I recently posted a youtube video of the very first start of the LS1 because it was such a gratifing moment to see all the hard work come to life. Since posting the video, I have received several positive responses but yesterday I received this:

"Damn, are their any 951's with turbo I4's in them any more? Jesus. I hope thats not the original color. Substitute? Please. You ripped the soul out, and put in cheap $#**. Couldnt you molest an NA? LOL When is yours gonna be for sale? Why dont you just buy a vette? i dont get rednecks tinkering on Porsches, Trying to turn them into vettes. Obviously you dont understand, or appreciate the car for what it is. So, why bother? They make vettes for people like you."

Just wondering what your thoughts are?

2cousins

Back to top Go down

Re: Insult or opinion?

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:12 am

As with everything, There are always going to be people that have a bad attitude towards what we do. I look at it as we are improving the car and not doing any harm. Those purist obviously have deep pockets and don't mind wasting their money to maintain their cars. If they even have a 951 or 944.
Just let it slide,
What we do is the best thing for the car and as far as color, I LIKE YELLOW, and I especially like his front bumper Cool

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  a951 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 am

I just grin when people say that, regardless if its on forums or youtube or whereever, but mostly I get "you have an audi porsche" or "you couldn't afford a 911" etc.. it's quite fun seeing as my dailydrivers costs same as a new GT3, and my latest toy costs more than a new family car Wink

I love the 951 chassis for its handeling, the 8v turbo is really fun, but as we all know, damn that ls engine rocks way harder when it comes to power delivery, longlivety, and power per $

Ironicly most of the $#** I get, is for people with old 911's or 924's/944s/928s whatever, basicly cheap cars. whiles't the people with lots of money actually tend to think its cool, and is interested in the swap.

I get basicly no "reallife" BS on trackmeets etc, only a comment about the color? Surprised whaddayamean burgundy aint the $#**.

a951

Back to top Go down

Post  cjbcpa on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:25 am

In my experience, the people that make these comments are car polishers, not car drivers. To people who drive Porsche's the way they were meant to be driven, dropping in an LSx is like any other performance mod, to make it perform better on the track. In my case, I have the choice to do this or build a high horsepower, reliable turbo motor. To build the turbo right, probably $15k minimum if I do all the work myself (I'm not talking about just bolt on components, MAF, bigger turbo, etc, that's asking for trouble). It would go like stink, but the maintenance will be higher and the inevitable rebuild will cost another $10k+.

As for the purist; There are 10's of thousands of these cars on the road. Will they become more scarce? Yes. Are there some stored away in climate controlled environments waiting for the day they are rarer than hen's teeth and worth six figures, probably. So what, in the mean time, I'll enjoy the car for what it was meant to do.

all IMHO of course.

CB
cjbcpa

Back to top Go down

Post  Porch on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 am

Yeah, i've got a few videos up on youtube of my car and it gets similar responses. What's really funny is watching people argue about it. One guy will say "Oh, that's so stupid, the LS1 is junk", and someone will reply "No, that's awesome, you don't know anything about cars".

I would say, just delete his comment and let it be. It'll be more aggravating to him that he spent 15 minutes banging out an insult that you swished away with the click of a button than trying to argue with someone like that.
Porch

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:57 am

I don't buy new cars anyway, I never can find one that the engineers did properly. I am alwasy looking at 80s bodies and loving them, just wishing they had today's engines in them.

Theres nothing wrong with that. Some people just expect a car the way they come and expect that the engineer know what he was doing. But most of the engineers aren't mechanics our race the cars themselves. They just draw a line on a paper and hope it works.

I agree with jsut deleting them. I have shown my car to a few hand fews of people and all but maybe 2 of them loved it. Just let the nay sayers pass by.

cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawgz83948 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 am

Post a link to the vid and we'll all have at that idiot. Laughing
Dawgz83948

Back to top Go down

Post  Porch on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:01 am

I think that there's two types of people who make those kinds of comments:

1. The people that don't own a Porsche and never will--they just think that if they DID own that car, they would leave the amazing "god's gift to man" Porsche motor in it.
2. The people who own a 944 and can't afford/aren't mechanically inclined enough to make the swap.

Most of the people on rennlist and pelicanparts who have enough of a brain to actually work on these cars just don't care if the swap is done. Many of them choose not to, but they can at least respect it for being done.
Porch

Back to top Go down

Post  944v8inDFW on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:58 am

Sad thing is most of us unholy have far more time and money invested in our cars that the tards that want to make sure you pronounce Porsche Por-SHA. All i can say to those turd burglers is come get some. Track or street, I'll put you away bad enough that you will be too ashamed to even talk about it! Smile

In my "big red" car I have more in the engine than most very nice 944 turbos sell for complete, and I have done all the wrenching myself.

Long story short. Those that can, do it. Those that can't talk sh**.

Same old story, just a different year!

Last edited by 944v8inDFW on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
944v8inDFW

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Sleep
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  944v8inDFW on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Least we not mention tongue punchin their momma’s in the fartbox
944v8inDFW

Back to top Go down

Post  evil on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Don't listen to that crap, there are always going to be people that don't like what you do. Wether its cars, bikes, hunting, dancing, ect. It is just a bunch of people that have absolutely no vision as to what something could be. Instead they just accept it for what it is and then talk $#** to revolutionaries. Hell can you imagine the flack Ferdinand Porsche got just for being the first to put an engine in the back of a car(1923 Benz Tropfenwagen).

IMHO, there is always room for improvement in every design.

evil

Back to top Go down

Post  vundba on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Nothing beats the look you get when guy's find out you shoehorned an lt or ls into a porsche.Some guys at a rod shop down the road heard what I was doing and they had to come over just to see it!.They thought it was pretty sweet,so if I ever put it in one of the local car shows you can be sure it's going to be the only one!.Isn't that why we do it ,to have something different and personal?.

vundba

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridar on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Vundba, I agree 100%.

Bottom line, it's YOUR CAR. Why do you even care what others think? You have the freedom to do with it as you choose. It is not like we are stealing from the world what will eventually be a museum piece. Many 944 are now getting clapped out and due to their sinking resale values will eventually be headed for the junk yards. And besides, while 944 Turbo's can make a lot of HP on the top end, I'll bet those nay sayers have never felt the low end torque of a V8 in the 944 chassis.
Bridar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorsche944 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Funny, i get that sometimes, but most of the time I get a Wow, and then I show them the Job Eric did under my hood and they comment, looks like it came from the factory. I even have the local Porsche Parts store guys interested in what we did.

In the end, its my car and it drives the way I want it to. They can have their opinion, and I have mine, only one really matters.
Vorsche944

http://www.944transformations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Porch on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:38 am

I've never had someone disapprove of the swap to my face, it's always just some internet loudmouth with more opinions than brains.

Which is not to say that i would even have a problem with them disapproving of the swap in person if it were done in a classy way (i.e. "it looks like you did a great job, but i just prefer the feel of the factory motor").
Porch

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top