944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build - A Summary
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyToday at 9:30 am by Gutterboy

» Honda k24 swap
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyYesterday at 4:12 am by Colibri Green

» power steering pump
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 11:30 am by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 6:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 9:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:17 am by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 10:12 am by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left

5 posters

Go down

Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left Empty Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left

Post  vt951 Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:13 am

I just wanted to let you guys know that Champ Pans has a couple of their LSx pans left that come pre-notched for 944 cross member clearance. These were part of the RH kit, but Champ doesn't deal with them anymore, so they have some stock remaining. I just bought one of them with the pickup tube for about $XXX shipped, which is an awesome deal. The best part is, the fab work is done for you, and I think they plate it after the notches are welded in.

Contact info at Champ is Kurt. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (715) 834-7748.

EDIT: removed the price so I am not breaking the rules. No affiliation, btw.
vt951
vt951

Back to top Go down

Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left Empty Re: Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left

Post  gt1scca Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:36 pm

From the site...

LS Steel & Aluminum Pans > SBC Street, Strip & S10 Conversion
STYLE: LS1000

Part No. Application
LS1000 Engine swap $XX5.64

Dimensions: 5 1/2" Deep x 11 1/4" wide x 9 1/4" long.

This is a conversion pan for the LS series blocks into Chevelles, Nova's, or Camaro's. It has 4 trapdoors, a removable windage tray, and a pan rail girdle. The pan is made from a steel stamping and utilizes a Billet aluminum oil filter adapter in the stock GM location. It has an oil capacity of 5 1/2 qts. with filter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looks like a modified Moroso 20140 to me, or maybe a Milodon 30915 (Moroso doesn't have the OF adapter cutout, so it could be a Milodon)...but it will still need to be notched on the driver's side.

Add 100 - $150 to that "deal", and you'll have a pan that will work.
EDIT: Unless they have been modified after these pictures were posted on their site...

FYI, RH had problems with leaks around the filter adapter cutout...decent deal if they don't leak.

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left Empty Re: Champ Oil Pans for LSx 944, only a couple left

Post  Admin Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 am

Not sure that I would by one if I was you, seems to me that they are the ones that are always leaking...

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  944-LT1 Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:36 am

Yeah. The question is....why are they not dealing with RH anymore? Neutral

Already cut mines anyway.

Besides, the two x's in $XX5.64 look scarey. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
944-LT1
944-LT1

Back to top Go down

Post  vt951 Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:19 am

The Champ pan was recommended to me by a very knowledgeable LSx 944 conversion guy... you might say he's "the father of the 944 LS1 conversion". I believe he's used the pans for a lot of conversions and not had any problems with leaking. I think the thing he really likes about them is that they come with the trap doors for better oil slosh control, and they are very low profile in the area of the 944 crossmember.

I'm not sure what you mean about the extra $100 or $150. Like I said in my OP, these pans are already pre-notched for the 944 application. They are not exactly the ones that you pasted info/pictures of.

I know you are selling your own modified Moroso pan on 944v8s.com, and I applaud that. It's great to have a number of good options to choose from. I just wanted to let everyone know about this deal on Champ's remaining stock, since this is supposed to be a "vendor neutral" forum, right?

gt1scca wrote:From the site...

LS Steel & Aluminum Pans > SBC Street, Strip & S10 Conversion
STYLE: LS1000

Part No. Application
LS1000 Engine swap $XX5.64

Dimensions: 5 1/2" Deep x 11 1/4" wide x 9 1/4" long.

This is a conversion pan for the LS series blocks into Chevelles, Nova's, or Camaro's. It has 4 trapdoors, a removable windage tray, and a pan rail girdle. The pan is made from a steel stamping and utilizes a Billet aluminum oil filter adapter in the stock GM location. It has an oil capacity of 5 1/2 qts. with filter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looks like a modified Moroso 20140 to me, or maybe a Milodon 30915 (Moroso doesn't have the OF adapter cutout, so it could be a Milodon)...but it will still need to be notched on the driver's side.

Add 100 - $150 to that "deal", and you'll have a pan that will work.
EDIT: Unless they have been modified after these pictures were posted on their site...

FYI, RH had problems with leaks around the filter adapter cutout...decent deal if they don't leak.
vt951
vt951

Back to top Go down

Post  xschop Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:37 am

The Moroso 20140 has better exhaust flange clearancing (although that pan looks like it holds a little more oil) and also comes with the oil line relocation nipples pre-plumbed that I don't see there.... I've also wondered what the Guage sheet that the other pans use because the Moroso pan is nice and thick and welds nicely without alot of warping like I've seen on other modded pans. The Moroso pan also has the trap doors in it as well...FYI

I agree with Mike....Why are they not doing biz with RH...or is that a rhetorical Q? Razz
xschop
xschop

Back to top Go down

Post  vt951 Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:47 am

xschop wrote:The Moroso 20140 has better exhaust flange clearancing (although that pan looks like it holds a little more oil) and also comes with the oil line relocation nipples pre-plumbed that I don't see there.... I've also wondered what the Guage sheet that the other pans use because the Moroso pan is nice and thick and welds nicely without alot of warping like I've seen on other modded pans. The Moroso pan also has the trap doors in it as well...FYI

I agree with Mike....Why are they not doing biz with RH...or is that a rhetorical Q? Razz

Kurt at Champ said he didn't like the way RH conducted business. I'll leave it at that. If you want more info, call him. Very good guy who just wants to sell off his remaining couple 944 pans. Not trying to compete with the Moroso ones that gt1scca is making as far as I can tell.
vt951
vt951

Back to top Go down

Post  gt1scca Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 am

vt951 wrote:I'm not sure what you mean about the extra $100 or $150. Like I said in my OP, these pans are already pre-notched for the 944 application. They are not exactly the ones that you pasted info/pictures of.

I know you are selling your own modified Moroso pan on 944v8s.com, and I applaud that. It's great to have a number of good options to choose from. I just wanted to let everyone know about this deal on Champ's remaining stock, since this is supposed to be a "vendor neutral" forum, right?
I meant the pictures may not represent what you bought. Even so, with the "flat" bottom shown on that pan, from the pictures it will still need modification.

As far as vendors, etc...

The 944v8s site was started ~3 weeks ago. 944hybrids.forumotion.com has been up since June. If the two sites can't work together for the common good of the members, I'l take it down. I was just trying to be as informative as I could to you, and the other 171 members.

Yes, 944hybrids forum is vendor neutral. By that I mean, no special privileges, like in post advertising (I wasn't doing that here), no price posting, etc., etc., etc.

Not downplaying your find...and definitely not advertising the 944v8s Moroso pan here. You said it was already modified, so I was just checking it out. People still have choices for conversion parts, even outside of the forum (by the way, thanks to the original PHB and this forum). I am not looking to be a (forgive the expression) "Rennlist" or "RH" type pushy, arrogant vendor that knows it all.

I am merely offering a source never before available outside of Renegade Hybrids. They have the experience and customer base established to field any perceived competition, they just can't eliminate it as easily as they wish.

I've said it for two years, and I'll say it again...
If you can find a better way, and/or for less, by all means go for it.

(Tom E., or TonyG - not sure which you're referring to here) knows just as much, if not MORE than I do about the conversion. No one else has offered a solution to the nightmare of RH in 5 years, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

(Repeating myself here) Great find, if in fact the pan is already notched. Just wary of the remote filter connections, that's all.

Sorry if I stole your ice cream.

gt1scca

Back to top Go down

Post  vt951 Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:40 am

gt1scca wrote:
vt951 wrote:I'm not sure what you mean about the extra $100 or $150. Like I said in my OP, these pans are already pre-notched for the 944 application. They are not exactly the ones that you pasted info/pictures of.

I meant the pictures may not represent what you bought. Even so, with the "flat" bottom shown on that pan, from the pictures it will still need modification.

As far as vendors, etc...

The 944v8s site was started ~3 weeks ago. 944hybrids.forumotion.com has been up since June. If the two sites can't work together for the common good of the members, I'l take it down. I was just trying to be as informative as I could to you, and the other 171 members.

Yes, 944hybrids forum is vendor neutral. By that I mean, no special privileges, like in post advertising (I wasn't doing that here), no price posting, etc., etc., etc.

Not downplaying your find...and definitely not advertising the 944v8s Moroso pan here. You said it was already modified, so I was just checking it out. People still have choices for conversion parts, even outside of the forum (by the way, thanks to the original PHB and this forum). I am not looking to be a (forgive the expression) "Rennlist" or "RH" type pushy, arrogant vendor that knows it all.

I am merely offering a source never before available outside of Renegade Hybrids. They have the experience and customer base established to field any perceived competition, they just can't eliminate it as easily as they wish.

I've said it for two years, and I'll say it again...
If you can find a better way, and/or for less, by all means go for it.

(Tom E., or TonyG - not sure which you're referring to here) knows just as much, if not MORE than I do about the conversion. No one else has offered a solution to the nightmare of RH in 5 years, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

(Repeating myself here) Great find, if in fact the pan is already notched. Just wary of the remote filter connections, that's all.

Sorry if I stole your ice cream.

It's all good. I know everyone's heart is in the right place here.

I'm still not sure I understand why you are saying that the pan will require modification. The ones I am talking about are different from what is listed on the Champ site. They are special ones that are sold pre-modified for the 944 application (i.e. notched around the steering rack bosses). Is there some other modification that you are referring to?

Tom E. is helping me with my build. Awesome guy... I'd be totally lost without his advice. (Although I haven't read your manual yet either).
vt951
vt951

Back to top Go down

Post  gt1scca Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Tom was my "original" contact before RH discontinued the SBC / LT1 kit. Even before I bought my first 944. No prob on the pan deal...
vt951 wrote:They are special ones that are sold pre-modified for the 944 application (i.e. notched around the steering rack bosses)
That's the mod I was referring to...
I was just following your link.

gt1scca

Back to top Go down