HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» LSA Supercharged 86 Porsche 944
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by LSA_944

» LS3 conversion
Yesterday at 11:00 am by JSP

» robschwieb's 85.5 944 LS1 Swap
Yesterday at 9:16 am by robschwieb

» Blue Alternator Wire
Yesterday at 6:57 am by robschwieb

» A/C parts used for the swap !
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:37 am by Rothaus

» **FIXED** 944 with LS3 bucking or jerking while cruising or low speed problem
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:15 pm by Porsche951toLS3

» 944 -> Cayenne 3.2l v6 swap
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:21 pm by Arno

» Any tips or tricks to fitting a 4" intake setup?
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:28 am by robschwieb

» 944 LS1, getting started
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:58 pm by Nik still

» Building Off of Original 944 Engine Mounts?
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:41 pm by AS15

November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Vacuum Line Routing

Go down

Vacuum Line Routing

Post  87944turbo on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 am

I may be missing something really obvious here, but does anyone have a diagram of the vacuum line routing for an LS1 in a 944 turbo? I don't think it matters, but mine is an 87. I tried the advance search here and several google searches and didn't turn up much.

I am running the Saikou Michi dual catch can setup.

87944turbo

Back to top Go down

Re: Vacuum Line Routing

Post  chrenan on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:42 am

For my setup I use vacuum for 2 things, the PCV system and the HVAC system.  For the HVAC we will be similar as mine is also an 87.  I've got some diagrams on that at home from the swap binder I put together (I think), I can post pictures of those later.

However the PCV setup can differ depending on valve/valley covers.  I'm running an LS2 with a single Saikou Michi catch can setup.  Can you post pictures of your valve covers and valley cover?  That would help in figuring it out.  For dual catch cans I think this is the approach, you need the LS1 style valve covers with 2 fittings on the passenger side.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

chrenan

Back to top Go down

Post  87944turbo on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:39 am

Hey Chrenan, that is the exact setup I have for the catch cans.  The engine is an LS1, but using an LS6 valley cover.  I still need to run that bridge line at the back that connects the two valve covers.  The port setup is exactly like that though, so just a matter of running the lines.  I still need to add a fitting on the driver's side cover for that line, but that shouldn't be a big deal.  

The HVAC portion is where I am a little confused.  

This is where I was headed with it, just not sure if it's right/makes sense.  

87944turbo

Back to top Go down

Post  chrenan on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:41 am

OK, with Haloween out of the way I'll dig out my binder and see how I did my vacuum lines, your picture looks familiar. Fair warning I may be posting a hand drawn picture!

chrenan

Back to top Go down

Post  chrenan on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Ok, took a look at my car and you’re close to what I have. However, I don’t connect any vacuum line to the throttle body. You are correct on the firewall connections, the lower port goes to the heater valve. I don’t make the connection you’re showing between the intake and the fire wall connections, it looks like you’ve labeled it FPR?  You also need to retain the stock blue/black coloured vacuum check valve. Put it on the line heading to the vacuum reservoir with the blue part of the check valve facing the reservoir.

chrenan

Back to top Go down

Post  87944turbo on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. I'll take a shot at it and post up some pics when I am done putting it together. That's good info on the check valve too, didn't know that was re-used at all.

87944turbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich L. on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:56 pm

The connection on the driver side up toward the throttle body is the EGR port for the LS1. Like chrenan, I don't use this and just have it capped. I also don't have an FPR. And yes, I have the check valve first after the intake manifold, this so the vacuum reservoir works to keep vacuum in the rest of the circuit after engine shutdown.

What have you done with the EGR system? I left the charcoal canister and the cloth lines from it to the fuel tank. I removed the metal cycling valve but kept the vacuum switch which is also connected to the intake manifold but not through that blue/black check valve. The output of the switch goes into my intake ahead of the MAF. This as opposed to into the EGR port of the intake manifold which would be behind the MAF and provide un-metered air to the engine.
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

Post  87944turbo on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:11 am

What have you done with the EGR system?

I just run it to a filter, you can see it in the lower left corner of this picture.  I know it's not the correct solution, but I have had it like this for the better part of 10 years w/o issue.  So for now, I have the dual catch can setup showing on the left.  For the HVAC vacuum, I have everything running off the hose shown just past the throttle body on the driver's side in the pic.  

Just to confirm Rick, you are saying that the check valve should be in the line leaving the intake manifold?  Also, I guess I could cap that port just aft of the throttle body and use this one at the back of the manifold next to the MAP sensor, getting rid of all the extra hose.  

The port I am talking about using is on the right in this pic, I believe the one on the left goes to the brake booster.  On my car the nipple on the left is capped.  

So something like this.

87944turbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich L. on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:36 am

Using the EGR port as your vacuum source is probably fine. I use the one at the back like you picture, by the MAP sensor. And you have the check valve inverted in your diagram. Black side goes to the intake and blue to the HVAC. Other than that it's looking really good.

Rich
Rich L.

Back to top Go down

Post  87944turbo on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Awesome, thanks!

87944turbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down