944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build - A Summary
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyToday at 11:30 am by Gutterboy

» Honda k24 swap
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyYesterday at 6:12 am by Colibri Green

» power steering pump
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help.

3 posters

Go down

Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. Empty Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help.

Post  cfgioja Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum. I managed to do a ls1 conversion on my first gen or 1/85 844. I order the complete kit from RH. I am living in Stillwater Oklahoma at the moment, only 20 mins from hallett race way and wouldn't mind seeing other 944s

I am having some trouble getting my gauges to work properly. I am not sure what is going on, I am most likely goign to have to run stand alones to each guage.

So first my coolant gauge sits at the halfway point when i turn the car on without running, when I turn on my headlights it goes to the black square on the left side of the gauge. It would seem I have a resistance problem or crossed wire. not sure.

On the stock oil pressure gauge there are three wire plug ins. +, G, and a T thats upside down.
I am having problems making it work right, expuppy says it might be the sender. My biggest concern with the setup is how to wire the gauge properly. I hooked to the 9 pin connector so I know how to tap into the harness.

If i need to make a stand alone for the oil system where do each of the wires plug to, I have the three prongs on the back of the guage, and I have the two on the oil sender. the wk for the "idiot" light and a G for the guage.

Has anyone bypassed the stock harness and ran their oil wires for them? If so can you assist me please?

I hope this forum is more help then Porsche hybrids. Looking forward to talking to everyone.

collin
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. Empty Re: Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help.

Post  Admin Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:43 pm

IMO trying to hook to the factory gauges is only cosmetic. I don't trust the factory gauges , When we are running cars like ours, I like to see the vitals, I only trust good quality after market gauges and if you can use manual gauges.
Just my 2 cents
Welcome aboard....
Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help. Empty Re: Expuppy told me of you guys, I need help.

Post  cfgioja Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:37 pm

What are good gauges to use?

I was planning on buying a VDO coolant gauge with numbers on it so I can actually see something other than the little tick marks.

As far as the oil goes, I am not sure what to do.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:30 am

Just by a nice set of VDO gauges. Any reputable name in gauges are usually good. The Vdo's are what our cars have anyway so there is a good chance the sending units will work without changing them.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 am

That would solve alor then, Don't the gauges come with a wireing schematic too. I appreciate it. I'll probarably end up doing that.
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down

Post  944v8inDFW Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 am

With your guage acting the way it does it sounds like a ground problem, indicated by turning the lights on changes the reading. I would run through the chassis grounds and clean them. Alwys a decent place to start on the early cars.

944v8inDFW

Back to top Go down

Post  cfgioja Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:50 pm

thanks i'll check them out
cfgioja
cfgioja

Back to top Go down