HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 944 v8 Hybrid Crest Apparel
Today at 3:19 pm by kevin924kevin

» Hydroboost problem
Today at 1:58 pm by JohnG

» Want to get started, but overwhelmed. Need a plan.
Today at 1:22 pm by Buddy2147

» It's Alive! Another LS3 944 is on the road
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 pm by jHo

» Manual brakes with big reds
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:55 pm by kevin924kevin

» Any Interest in a batch of Cayenne Centering Rings?
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 pm by superman22x

» Calipers won't fit after rotor swap 86' 944Turbo
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:56 am by richey

» Franken44 Part Out - fresh motor and all conversion parts
Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:32 am by Sterling Doc

» Late Spindles on Early Struts
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:51 am by 944_GASM

» 86 951 LS3 swap
Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:07 pm by Rich L.

March 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Hydroboost and hollow brake pedal - drill?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hydroboost and hollow brake pedal - drill?

Post  chrenan on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi guys. I'm working on the brake pedal attachment to the hydroboost.

Using the TPC provided mounting plate, clevis, Ford hydroboost unit and its connecting to the late style hollow brake pedal pictured below. I test fit everything this afternoon and I'm getting binding as the pedal is depressed, seems like the clevis is angled upward too steeply. I think re-drilling the pedal slightly higher will fix this. Has anyone been down this road before with a hollow brake pedal? Any measurements on where to drill?

Thanks for any tips.

chrenan

Back to top Go down

Re: Hydroboost and hollow brake pedal - drill?

Post  zeusrotty on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:47 am

You need to drill it, and the binding is probably more because you tightened the nut on the Clovis to much where it attaches to the pedal. Ask me how I know.

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

Post  matty89 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:46 pm

i didnt redrill my i ajusted the pedal :S its really a sensitive pedal i would say Smile

matty89

Back to top Go down

Post  chrenan on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:53 am

OK, re-drilled the pedal slightly higher up, got a nice smooth action from the top of the travel all the way to the carpet. Re-attaching the return spring on the top of the pedal was not my favourite part of the job. What a pain. Everything is bolted up now, on to the next steps!

chrenan

Back to top Go down

Post  majormojo on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:02 pm

How do you feel about the strength of the pedal/clevis joint without the bushing like the original? I was skeptical after reading some comments here about the need for that bushing and so I picked up an early solid pedal to drill instead. That said, I have not done so yet, so I can still go either way. I seem to recall that for my setup I needed to move the hole up about 3/4 in, is that about where you ended up?
majormojo

Back to top Go down

Post  chrenan on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 am

majormojo wrote:How do you feel about the strength of the pedal/clevis joint without the bushing like the original?

I definitely gave it some thought. Less so after having the pedal out of the car, despite being hollow it is not flimsy. I've driven vehicles with hydroboost brakes before, and they all require very little pedal effort, they feel over-boosted, so I'm not too worried that the pedal will fatigue through use.

majormojo wrote:I seem to recall that for my setup I needed to move the hole up about 3/4 in, is that about where you ended up?

I'd say that's about where I ended up. Basically just above the existing hole, but with enough meat between the holes to be comfortable. I held everything in place by hand and moved the pedal up and down to find smooth in and out action, then marked it and drilled on the press. I'm usually good about taking pictures but after two afternoons stuck under the pedals pictures were the last thing on my mind.

chrenan

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top