HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin


For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Around the block
Yesterday at 11:46 am by Red944ls1

» RX7 Caliper Swap
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 am by osx86ftw

» Cooling solutions please!
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 pm by yamamtx

» Holley intake, vacuum pump and cross member spacer
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 am by zeusrotty

» Sparkydog's Abnormal Build - 944 With L67 + Ford Stuff & CARB Legal
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm by sparkydog

» LSA Supercharged 86 Porsche 944
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:41 am by haroldk

» Coolant / header tank cap
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 pm by Arthropraxis

» Cadillac ATS Brembo Front Brake Swap
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:43 pm by superman22x

» 83 944 Front Brake Calipers Left and Right different?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:10 pm by mred2nice

» Anyone install an electric water pump?
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:58 pm by sharkey

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar

Log in

I forgot my password


Length of power steering line with hydroboost

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Length of power steering line with hydroboost

Post  FrostedFlakeJake on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:03 am

So it's almost cheaper for me to buy pre-made power steering lines than putting them together myself...

Anyone who runs the hydroboost system know how long the high pressure lines need to be? Line from pump to booster and from booster to rack?

Thanks

FrostedFlakeJake

Posts : 262
Join date : 2015-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Length of power steering line with hydroboost

Post  superman22x on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:36 pm

I opted to buy the Russell PowerFlex lines and fittings. A 6ft line was enough with a few inches to spare to make both my lines. I can measure the lengths and show you my routing if you would like. I have 90* fittings on all ends. That was the expensive part really. $17/fitting...

superman22x

Posts : 159
Join date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Length of power steering line with hydroboost

Post  FrostedFlakeJake on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:33 pm

superman22x wrote:I opted to buy the Russell PowerFlex lines and fittings.  A 6ft line was enough with a few inches to spare to make both my lines.  I can measure the lengths and show you my routing if you would like.  I have 90* fittings on all ends.  That was the expensive part really.  $17/fitting...

That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

FrostedFlakeJake

Posts : 262
Join date : 2015-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Length of power steering line with hydroboost

Post  superman22x on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:05 am

Looks like my lines are 34" and 32.5". The longer one goes from PS pump to Hydroboost. Both have 90* fittings at the end. I measured from end to end, including the fitting.

superman22x

Posts : 159
Join date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Length of power steering line with hydroboost

Post  FrostedFlakeJake on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:49 am

superman22x wrote:Looks like my lines are 34" and 32.5".  The longer one goes from PS pump to Hydroboost.  Both have 90* fittings at the end.  I measured from end to end, including the fitting.  

Thats great! Thanks a bunch!

Looks like I can get them made for $63 with 90s on all ends.... line isn't braided stainless but even so it's cheap! To get just 4 90° fittings from russel or other brand would cost me more than that.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FrostedFlakeJake

Posts : 262
Join date : 2015-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Length of power steering line with hydroboost

Post  superman22x on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Nice! I would double check the measurements, since I have AN fittings and routed them my way, so you may need more/less length. But you can use my measurements as a starting point.

superman22x

Posts : 159
Join date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Length of power steering line with hydroboost

Post  spence on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:04 am

FrostedFlakeJake wrote:
superman22x wrote:Looks like my lines are 34" and 32.5".  The longer one goes from PS pump to Hydroboost.  Both have 90* fittings at the end.  I measured from end to end, including the fitting.  

Thats great! Thanks a bunch!

Looks like I can get them made for $63 with 90s on all ends.... line isn't braided stainless but even so it's cheap! To get just 4 90° fittings from russel or other brand would cost me more than that.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you're getting these made at a hydraulic shop, keep in mind that hydraulic hose does not twist. You have to know the direction of the 90's before you get them crimped. Get the hose and fittings first and get everything on the car, then mark the 90's and hose with a paint marker so the shop knows the orientation. Then take them back to the hydraulic shop and get them crimped and they'll be perfect.
avatar
spence

Posts : 530
Join date : 2009-07-21
Age : 35
Location : St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum