944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyToday at 11:30 am by Gutterboy

» Honda k24 swap
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyYesterday at 6:12 am by Colibri Green

» power steering pump
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else

2 posters

Go down

Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else Empty Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else

Post  Hammerhd Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:02 am

I need to upgrade the suspension on my 84 928s. The car has Bilsteins on it now. I am open to other brands with improved springs. Have you done this upgrade? If so, please share your experience.

Thanks

Hammerhd

Back to top Go down

Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else Empty Re: Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else

Post  erioshi Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:57 pm

What kind of use will the car see? Suspension springs and damper are usually selected based on how the car will be used.
erioshi
erioshi

Back to top Go down

Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else Empty Re: Suspension upgrade..Bilstein, Koni or something else

Post  Hammerhd Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:04 pm

It will be a street car with an occasional aurocross or track day.

Thanks

Hammerhd

Back to top Go down

Post  erioshi Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:44 am

Unfortunately I can't be much help to you. The next step on my swap is having the heads ported before I can put the 5.3 back together and get it into the car. Not having upgraded a 928 suspension before I'll be starting with "ideas" and need to refine things as I get results.

Rennlist and possibly pelican should have threads on suspension upgrades; those might be a starting point for spring rates, although you may need to do some extrapolation to adjust the front rates. If you really don't mind a bit of work, there are suspension calculators available that might also be useful, but you'll need to know motion ratios and existing probably existing spring rates. Locostusa.com is a site for homebuilt Lotus Seven clone builders that has lots of good information (and various suspension calculators) if you don't mind doing a bit of math and some measuring.

Are you just struggling with bad dampers or are you looking change the spring rates as well? On my car, I'll probably just start with a good set of dampers (something I can have rebuilt and re-valved for not too much), and adjust spring rates and sway bars based on how the car drives from that point.
erioshi
erioshi

Back to top Go down