944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Similar topics
Latest topics
» Honda k24 swap
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyYesterday at 6:12 am by Colibri Green

» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 6:28 pm by Raymond-P

» power steering pump
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB.

3 posters

Go down

need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. Empty need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB.

Post  murrayg Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi all,

Ive got 2500 miles (in 6 weeks!) on my LS1 944 with Turn One pump, BMW HB, and power steering, with no problems. I am REALLY happy with the end result, steering and brakes feel just like back in the slow days. Today, the pump started to whine, actually quite bad. Everything still worked, just the pump was noisy. I checked the PS fluid with the car running and was surprised it see a huge volume of oil being returned to the reservoir (BMW one). It formed a nice "fountain" of oil, but remained within the reservoir. Can someone check to see if this is normal, with the engine running. Bad news is that I replaced the Turn One pump with a new GM one, and it too, whined. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Any advice?

Gord.

murrayg

Back to top Go down

need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. Empty Re: need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB.

Post  phlip Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:25 pm

I worked on those systems for years at dealers and various independent shops.
The problems we saw were mostly a hard pedal wich required replacing the accumulator, and the booster itself leaking. The only other part left is the DS regulator. I don't recall any problems
related to whiny pump but I supose it's possible that something in regulator is causing incorrect
flow to return side of resevoir. You may be able find a used one from a junkyard or ebay for not
too much money to swap out and eliminate it as a possibility.
Wish I could be of more help but it's been many years since I worked on one of those systems.
When I started my swap I heard of people using the BMW system, but recalling the
many failures I'd seen over the years made me opt for the Ford system. I'm going to build an
adapter to monut porsche master to ford booster. Hope this helps.

phlip
phlip

Back to top Go down

need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB. Empty Re: need troubleshooting help from folks with BMW HB.

Post  Remy6908 Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Over filled the pump? Have seen a lot of people overfill the pump and end up blowing them.
Remy6908
Remy6908

Back to top Go down

Post  murrayg Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:39 am

The pump has a remote reservoir, the BMW one. Not sure how you can over fill it. It's full to the point where it doesn't overflow when the bomb dumps with the engine off (pressing brakes when not running).

Gord.

murrayg

Back to top Go down