944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build - A Summary
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyToday at 11:30 am by Gutterboy

» Honda k24 swap
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyYesterday at 6:12 am by Colibri Green

» power steering pump
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed

+2
gdopnt
Jasonscottw
6 posters

Go down

Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed Empty Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed

Post  Jasonscottw Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:48 pm

The wilwood clutch MC I installed (sideways, directly on firewall) started leaking immediately after the first time I installed and bled the system. Zero drive time. Does this indicate a faulty MC or did I do something wrong?
Using a speed bleeder from Tick Performance, Spec 1 clutch.
Many thanks for any advice/intel-
Jasonscottw
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed Empty Re: Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed

Post  gdopnt Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:17 pm

I did the same set up - widened the mount holes  turned it sideways. I used a hand vacuum pump to bleed. The pedal hasn't been worked much, been sitting for a while now.

gdopnt

Back to top Go down

Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed Empty Re: Wilwood clutch MC leaking at boot immediately after install/bleed

Post  Lemming Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:53 am

Did you remove and install the piston? If so, you may have torn the rubber seal on the piston (don't ask me how I know).
Lemming
Lemming

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasonscottw Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:50 am

Nope. Did not take apart or modify . . .
Jasonscottw
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Post  99sierra4x4 Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Mine was leaking from the reservoir, I accidentally pinched the o-ring seal where it goes on the M/C, might want to check there unless its leaking from the pushrod side.

Andy

99sierra4x4

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasonscottw Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Pushrod side. It's not a lot, not even dripping, but I can see the wetness of the fluid. If I pump the pedal, more fluid . . . Can only assume it will get worse.
Can't figure out if i screwed it up somehow or if it's faulty.
Seems like failure caused by me would take longer to happen than just the bleeding procedure. Other than the pics that are already on the forum, does anyone have a pic of a successful mating of the wilwood MC to the Porsche pedal? other than a bad angle what else could cause such a leak at the back of the pushrod/boot?
Jasonscottw
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Post  Techno Duck Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 pm

Here is how mine looks, not a great pic though.

Its entirely possible it was just a bad master cylinder, which model are you using? Either the bore is scored or the piston seal is bad.

Can you confirm the angle of the push rod is correct? Push the pedal in by hand and look at the action of the push rod to see how well aligned it is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Techno Duck

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasonscottw Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks techno duck. I've learned a lot from your build.
Angle is very straight. Once I pulled back boot there was a lot of fluid that dumped out. Ugh. Two things I noticed:
Whitish kind of goo/dust around entrance of pushrod.
Pushrod seems to be a bit high in the bore- i.e. there is a larger gap between pushrod and bore at the bottom than at the top. Like a 1/32". Does that mean my angle is off? Would I correct that by shimming on firewall or in linkage? OR, I'm wondering if the hole i tapped isn't canted upwards a tiny bit and shoving the pushrod against the top of the bore. It so so minimal though for immediate failure-
Jasonscottw
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthropraxis Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:04 am

I the MC body sitting flush against the firewall? Have you checked the firewall for cracks? Maybe when you widened the mounting holes it made the body of the MC sit too low in the firewall hole making the pushrod sit too high. I have noticed my brake and clutch MCs have some fluid in the boots over time, very very little.
Arthropraxis
Arthropraxis

Back to top Go down