HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» C6 Z06 Brakes on my 944
Today at 11:34 am by superman22x

» CV axles what are people using
Yesterday at 2:15 pm by Hotrodz of Dallas

» Help with pressure plate (SPEC pressure plate doesnt fit!!)
Yesterday at 11:47 am by dougs951s

» Early LSD clutch replacement
Yesterday at 7:14 am by haroldk

» Help with pressure plate (SPEC pressure plate doesnt fit!!)
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:47 pm by dougs951s

» Cadillac ATS Brembo Front Brake Swap
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 pm by superman22x

» Lindsey Racing radiator oil cooler.
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:42 am by spoon4364

» Video of Throwout Action
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:23 am by chrenan

» Looking for A/c system pics
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 pm by gdopnt

» 83' Porsche 944 LM7 Build
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm by yamamtx

July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

master cylinder brake lines

View previous topic View next topic Go down

master cylinder brake lines

Post by speedsterman on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:46 am

Hello All
I am installing a 2000 ford mustang hydroboost. I,ve got the mounting sorted out.My question is which line out of the master goes to the front brakes and which goes to the rear. Usually the rearmost resivor on the master goes to the front brakes and the front resivoir to the rear brakes. This master cylinder has the larger resivoir in the rear but has the smaller brake line coming out of the bottom of the master. The front of the master has a larger brake line coming out of it. They both go to the proportioning valve and come out the same diameter tubing. Usually the front brakes take the most fluid which would mean the front resivoir with the larger line should go to the front brakes.
I bought the unit off the car so I didn't have the luxury of seeing which lines went where.
Which lines go where?
Thanks

speedsterman

Back to top Go down

Plumbing

Post by simon123 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Disclaimer:
This post is for information only, it does not imply either the right or wrong way to achieve the result.
Please refrain from comments on the quality, style or method of implementation.

Here are two pics of my brake system, maybe they will help you figure out your plumbing.
Note that the front line runs to a T piece and the rear line connects via an in line joiner.

simon123

Back to top Go down

Re: master cylinder brake lines

Post by speedsterman on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:52 pm

So it looks like the front line on your master feeds thru the proportioning valve and then to the rear brake line. The rear line feeds the front brakes.
I wonder why the front line on the master is larger diameter. Everything I have read in the past says that the front calipers require more volume of brake fluid, so you would think that the larger line is meant for that purpose. The reservoir on the rear of the master has the larger volume but the smaller line out, Confusing.
Thanks for the pics.

speedsterman

Back to top Go down

Schematic for Proportioning Valve

Post by simon123 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:24 am

Here is the answer. The unit is upside down in my previous pic.
#2 feeds to the T piece.

simon123

Back to top Go down

Another pic

Post by simon123 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:34 am

Here are the interconnections.

simon123

Back to top Go down

Post by speedsterman on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 am

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
That clears up alot. It shows the passage for the front brakes going straight thru and the rear brakes being regulated.
Still not sure why the front brake line is smaller diameter, but I accept it as being correct.
Thanks

speedsterman

Back to top Go down

Size

Post by simon123 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:51 pm

Smaller line, higher pressure?    Larger line, more flow?

simon123

Back to top Go down

Post by gdopnt on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:47 pm

simon123 wrote:Disclaimer:
This post is for information only, it does not imply either the right or wrong way to achieve the result.
Please refrain from comments on the quality, style or method of implementation.

Here are two pics of my brake system, maybe they will help you figure out your plumbing.
Note that the front line runs to a T piece and the rear line connects via an in line joiner.

Thanks Simon

Last edited by gdopnt on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

gdopnt

Back to top Go down

Surprise

Post by simon123 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:17 am

Duh!

Fliermike45 became tired of the mental midgets and wannabes on this site who asked dumb questions over and over again when the answers could be found from the guys who had taken the trouble to post their work. In addition there are also smart alecs who believe that their method is the one and only way to achieve a result and spend time picking apart other peoples work. Thus I decided to lurk with a different name.

Last edited by simon123 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lurking)

simon123

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonscottw on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Gdopnt- I'm having a hard time figuring out the
Size and flare style of the fittings for the front and rear brake lines (where they get plumbed into the MC/hydroboost).
I've found conflicting info, but your HB looks to be same unit as mine.
Any advice?
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonscottw on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Guess I should clarify that i removed the brass proportioning valve
and will be plumbing in a wilwood
adjustable valve, so looking for the the sizes of the fittings directly on the MC.
Thanks-
Jasonscottw

Back to top Go down

Post by gdopnt on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:58 pm

The pic from above is Simon's car. Although I did not use the mustang proportion valve I plumbed in a willwood  adjustable valve with remote for the rear.  The bubble flare is used for Porsche and ford from Napa auto and off the shelf. The  fittings for the hydro-boost I bought from Napa auto - off the shelf as well. The fitting closer to the front of the car is bigger and for the REAR brakes both are metric. I cant recall the exact size. I used a thread kit with all metric sizes from a box store called Menard's. I can post pics of mine or if I didn't answer your question  just ask again. BTW when it came time to bleed the system it took a while and I used 1 1/2 big bottles of fluid to make it work.

gdopnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top