944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» NDog52's 1986 NA 5.3 Build - A Summary
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyToday at 11:30 am by Gutterboy

» Honda k24 swap
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyYesterday at 6:12 am by Colibri Green

» power steering pump
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 pm by Blaizefed

» FRESH BUILD - after a few miles became hard to get into gear
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm by Raymond-P

» VATS Bypass/Delete
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 am by 948

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm by Raymond-P

» Purpose of the speed sensor with a stock ECU
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm by Rob44

» FS: Porsche 928 968 944 S2 951 Turbo FRONT BREMBO CALIPERS
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm by dcoutofstep

» 944 S2/Turbo J LTD Edition Front Lip Spoiler - Brand New never fitted
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:10 pm by dcoutofstep

» Adding Purge Solenoid Wiring to Standalone Harness
Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 pm by ndog52

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles

4 posters

Go down

Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles Empty Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles

Post  DJ. Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:44 pm

So I found out that 96 Jaguar Xjs calipers that came on the 6cyl and v12 would fit on the early offset NA cars .By ovaling out the mounting holes just a little it is a direct fit and the fit around the rotor is good.I am also able to get some EBC yellow pads for these calipers for a good price (50$ each  new caliper plus 100$ for the pads) .Do you guys think this will suffice for a street/weekend track car (L33 swapped) with the stock rotor size? I would probably just run the turbo rears for the back.

Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles 23695074

Last edited by DJ. on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

DJ.

Back to top Go down

Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles Empty Re: Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles

Post  Admin Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Good find, Just check the piston size compared to the Turbo calipers. Looks to be real close. Pictures of the install?

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles Empty Re: Fitting Jaguar XJS 4 piston calipers to early offset NA spindles

Post  DJ. Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Apparently they have 48 mm, which is about 1.89". The piston area is about 2.80" sq.

DJ.

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ. Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:08 am

Just found out that Audi 200 turbo pads are the same as the jaguars which have the hawk dtc 60/70's available as well.

edit: e36 m3 pads fit as well so the availability for performance pads is wide open.

Last edited by DJ. on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

DJ.

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ. Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Just worried about the stock rotor size on the track.

DJ.

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ. Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Found these here.

Not my pictures.

jaguar xjs caliper painted with the Porsche decal
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/37/jagcaliper.jpg/

Install on spindle
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/202/mountedonspindleassy.jpg/

Looks decent for such a cheap price.

Thinking of going with the items bellow for a street/occasional swapped track car.
-Newly rebuilt xjs jaguar 4 piston calipers
-Debating on hawk HP+ or DTC 60 pads
-stainless braided lines
-951 rear calipers
-Slotted rotors
-Motul RBF600 fluid.
(Ran by a mustang hydroboost with a rear prop valve)

What do you guys think? The car should be around 2700lbs with driver and around 360whp.

Last edited by DJ. on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

DJ.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemming Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 pm

I ran Wilwoods on stock rotors for a number of years back when I was racing GTS3 in NASA (220hp and 2505 lbs; 968 engine).  Cooling was critical, otherwise I would have to pump the brakes a bit near the end of the race.  I also went through front rotors fairly quickly and had a few crack severely on cool down.
Lemming
Lemming

Back to top Go down

Post  marc a Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:59 pm

If you are running NA rotors with that much piston area (don't know the size of the pad but is should be larger than stock pads), and that much HP they will not last long on the track unless you have massive cooling. Even then the rotors are too thin and will have a hard time absorbing/dissipating the heat which will transfer to the fluid. Your HP and weight numbers are not much different than mine and, before going to the GT-3 set up, I was burning through two or three sets of '86 front turbo rotors a season with Wilwood large piston calipers.

If the car will only see limited track duty, check the rotor and pad thickness frequently and if you experience the smallest indication of warping pack it in.
marc a
marc a

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ. Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:15 pm

marc a wrote:If you are running NA rotors with that much piston area (don't know the size of the pad but is should be larger than stock pads), and that much HP they will not last long on the track unless you have massive cooling.  Even then the rotors are too thin and will have a hard time absorbing/dissipating the heat which will transfer to the fluid.  Your HP and weight numbers are not much different than mine and, before going to the GT-3 set up, I was burning through two or three sets of '86 front turbo rotors a season with Wilwood large piston calipers.

If the car will only see limited track duty, check the rotor and pad thickness frequently and if you experience the smallest indication of warping pack it in.

Thanks for the contribution Mark A. The rotors warping were my exact worries. I will have proper brake ducting fed to the front but I don't think it will suffice. I'm looking for a set-up were I could keep the early offset because I'll be running custom adapters for my 17x10 Enkei rpf1's. Any tips? I just have to find a rotor that is larger and that would fit the early offset. I could easily make some adapters to space out a bigger set of calipers.

DJ.

Back to top Go down

Post  marc a Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Since the rotors are bolted behind the hub you could use '86 turbo rotors, but you would have to make adapter blocks because they are taller and wider than the NA rotors. These rotors aren't cheap for what they are though.

I don't think the '87-'88 951 rotors will fit over your hub, but you could have the hub milled down so they could. Studs would have to be replaced and adapter blocks would be needed as well. The only advantage is that these rotors are cheaper than the '86 rotors because of demand.

You will also be limited by wheel size.

Marc
marc a
marc a

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ. Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Arnt the n/a and 86 turbo rotors about the same size or like .5" bigger? I dont see a huge benefit from those. And im sure 17" wheels will fit a proper sized rotor.

DJ.

Back to top Go down

Post  marc a Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:06 pm

8mm thicker, 16mm taller. I was thinking about the only real bolt on for your situation that would add some meat.

Jag rotor is 284 x 24.2
'86 951 rotor is 298 x 28
Your rotor is 282.5 x 20

The Jag caliper might be too small for the 951 rotor.

With 17" wheels you have plenty of room.

Marc
marc a
marc a

Back to top Go down