HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» 18x10" Enkei wheels
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 pm by Sterling Doc

» Around the block
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am by Red944ls1

» RX7 Caliper Swap
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 am by osx86ftw

» Cooling solutions please!
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 pm by yamamtx

» Holley intake, vacuum pump and cross member spacer
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 am by zeusrotty

» Sparkydog's Abnormal Build - 944 With L67 + Ford Stuff & CARB Legal
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:42 pm by sparkydog

» LSA Supercharged 86 Porsche 944
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:41 am by haroldk

» Coolant / header tank cap
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 pm by Arthropraxis

» Cadillac ATS Brembo Front Brake Swap
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:43 pm by superman22x

» 83 944 Front Brake Calipers Left and Right different?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:10 pm by mred2nice

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Colorado Emissions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Colorado Emissions

Post  docwyte on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:16 pm

I take my car to MAC Autosport in Parker. They also tuned my car and have a 4 wheel drive dyno. They did quite a bit to my car this off season, drop me an email or text and I'll tell you more

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  rdanford on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:08 pm

Doc...Thanks for the recommendation of MAC Autosport. Nick did a great job on the retune...the DFCO was turned off and it was running way rich at almost all times. After the retune the car passed easily with DFCO coming on and AFR at proper levels plus I gained 23.5 rwhp.
rdanford

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:25 pm

That's awesome! Passed emissions and gained power.

What did you end up with hp/torque wise?

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  gertbfrobe on Thu May 29, 2014 5:16 am

Thanks for posting this thread. I'm moving to Denver from Honolulu in the next few months and I'm trying to find out as much as possible about about smog rules pertaining to swaps should I end up with an LS1 candidate vehicle that is newer than 1975, which is quite likely.

So far I've gathered that these points are crucial when it comes to a Colorado legal swap
-All smog equipment that came on engine must be present
-Engine cannot be older than vehicle and cannot come from a different class vehicle
-CEL must function

If anyone have anything to add please do, I'm eager to get a project in motion.

gertbfrobe

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Thu May 29, 2014 8:45 am

Well, any LS is going to be newer than any 944 chassis, so you don't have to worry there. You need both cats, all 4 oxygen sensors, the smog/air pump and all the readiness monitors need to be set/ready. There are ways to make that happen in the tune, it took me awhile to figure that out.

Then you need to take the car to a referee station first, where they inspect the car to make sure all that stuff is there, then you take it to the smog station where it gets tested...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  gertbfrobe on Sat May 31, 2014 10:16 am

Does anyone know if it would be easier to swap in an 04 GTO LS1 than an earlier produced LS1 from an fbody or corvette? I know the GTO LS1 doesn't have a smog pump, is there any other differences that would make it easier or harder?
Also I've heard that swapping an 05-06 GTO LS2 requires the entire fuel system/wiring/and tank from the donor car, is this true of the 04 GTO LS1 as well?

gertbfrobe

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Sat May 31, 2014 10:52 am

Corvette accessory drive doesn't fit on our car. You either need and F body or a GTO motor. To my knowledge the GTO motors still have a smog pump.

No way you can install the GTO fuel tank etc. On my car I just forced those readiness monitors to read "ready" even tho I still have the original 951 systems in place.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  pormgb on Sat May 31, 2014 11:49 pm

gertbfrobe wrote:Does anyone know if it would be easier to swap in an 04 GTO LS1 than an earlier produced LS1 from an fbody or corvette? I know the GTO LS1 doesn't have a smog pump, is there any other differences that would make it easier or harder?
Also I've heard that swapping an 05-06 GTO LS2 requires the entire fuel system/wiring/and tank from the donor car, is this true of the 04 GTO LS1 as well?

I am going through smog certification in California, it sounds similar to Colorado. The only LS motor with accessories that can meet CA smog is from a Camaro, this is mostly due to Cat location and exhaust manifolds. I have been able to get all smog items installed including a CARB legal K+N air filter. The only questionable area are the Cats, CA smog rules state that Cats need to be within 3 inches of their original location, mine are about 5". I am pretty much ready for the inspection, it has taken me along time due to tuning and obtaining a CEL free motor.

Take a look here;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pormgb

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:17 am

Difference is here they don't care about CARB EO. So you can run whatever headers and intake you want and have the cats pretty much anywhere you want.

You just need to have all the systems from the car the motor came from. So go with a motor that didn't have an EGR system. Then all you need are cats, 4 O2's and a smog pump. Then use HP Tuners to make all the readiness monitors read "ready".

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  gertbfrobe on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:57 pm

docwyte wrote:Difference is here they don't care about CARB EO.  So you can run whatever headers and intake you want and have the cats pretty much anywhere you want.

You just need to have all the systems from the car the motor came from.  So go with a motor that didn't have an EGR system.  Then all you need are cats, 4 O2's and a smog pump.  Then use HP Tuners to make all the readiness monitors read "ready".

And when you're getting the smog check done no red flags come up as a result of the monitors being forced on?

gertbfrobe

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:22 pm

No, they can't tell. All they know is that all the readiness monitors are set.

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Post  pormgb on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:01 pm

docwyte wrote:Difference is here they don't care about CARB EO.  So you can run whatever headers and intake you want and have the cats pretty much anywhere you want.

You just need to have all the systems from the car the motor came from.  So go with a motor that didn't have an EGR system.  Then all you need are cats, 4 O2's and a smog pump.  Then use HP Tuners to make all the readiness monitors read "ready".

I see, you guys are lucky.
pormgb

Back to top Go down

Post  docwyte on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:53 am

It saves a lot of headache trying to fit manifolds, the OEM cats, etc, etc. They have a modicum of logic here, where if the car blows cleanly enough to pass the test with headers and aftermarket cats, they don't care...

docwyte

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top