HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Standalone Fuel Pump Relay. What to do with DME?
Yesterday at 10:42 am by chrenan

» 1987 944 Turbo --> LS
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:28 am by Hotrodz of Dallas

» Rebuilt engine threw three rods
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:08 pm by Rich L.

» What Intake Elbow to Use ?
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:53 pm by Rich L.

» Anyone done an LS4?
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:30 pm by sharkey

» Selling my 1986 Porsche 951 LS1 :(
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:09 am by Luke714

» Where are all the action shots
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 pm by Red944ls1

» majormojo's LY6 swap
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:09 pm by chrenan

» MSD Distributor Hookup
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm by mred2nice

» V8 Conversion Parts
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 am by jshprd

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Automatic Transmission rebuild

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Automatic transmission rebuild

Post  ROGUE S2 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Hey Administrator. I have built many 010 transmissions. Mainly back in the day, However I did a complete rebuild on my '86 944 with auto before I sold it in 2010. The unit is very simple by todays standards. no electronics all hydr. The factory stall on my torque converter was 3200, way to high for me but seemed to work with the 2.5 motor. I did the rebuild and did some machine work to get additional clutches in the drums. I ordered a custom 1800 stall converter and did some other modifications to the valve body for higher oil pressure. When it was all said and done it performed a lot better , take off was quick, shifts were great, but the 4cyl just had no power. My LS1 I drive now with the 5spd is a super car by compareson. To answer the question about the TV cable or rod ,that controls line pressure as well as shift points. It must be hooked up. As far as durabilty behind a LS1? My personal opinion, it was not designed to handle that much torque. The planetary and clutch assemblys are engineered to handle about 1/2 the torque of a 700r4/4L60-E transmission. I have thought of using a corvette automatic set up with the computer controls, but wow that could get very pricey by the time you were done. I prefer automatics. Put them in drive and go.

ROGUE S2

Back to top Go down

Re: Automatic Transmission rebuild

Post  stuart f. wright on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:29 pm

the 010 trans works pretty good behind my sbc .it shifts really quick .once i got my tv cable set it worked great.ive had a v8 hooked to mine several years and 2 or 3 thousand miles with several dragstrip passes with no problems.i was thinking admin was running a v6 in the auto conv which should work nice.i have never ran mine without tv cable .i hooked mine up when i performed my conversion so i havnt experienced what it would do unhooked.but my experience with gm autos taught me that it has to be hooked up to operate properly.mine was rebuilt by a local guy that does racing powerglides and he performed some minor mods that seem to be working good.
stuart f. wright

Back to top Go down

Post  ROGUE S2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:45 am

stuart f. wright wrote:the 010 trans works pretty good behind my sbc .it shifts really quick .once i got my tv cable set it worked great.ive had a v8 hooked to mine several years and 2 or 3 thousand miles with several dragstrip passes with no problems.i was thinking admin was running a v6 in the auto conv which should work nice.i have never ran mine without tv cable .i hooked mine up when i performed my conversion so i havnt experienced what it would do unhooked.but my experience with gm autos taught me that it has to be hooked up to operate properly.mine was rebuilt by a local guy that does racing powerglides and he performed some minor mods that seem to be working good.

That is awsome. I was wondering if any one had tried an automatic. Sounds like you have yours dialed in very well. One day I will attempt to install an overdrive automatic behind a LS1. That would be sweet. Has anyone done this that you know of. Most guys love the race car feel of a standard. I am a lazy driver that just likes to go fast. lol

ROGUE S2

Back to top Go down

Post  stuart f. wright on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:47 am

yes it does work well .ive had mine for over 10 years and have driven quite a bit .overdrive would be nice.i think i remember somebody had a overdrive behind a chevy in a 944 with a viper center section rearend on here .i just cant rember who .they had to cut trans tunnel out to make clearance.im thinking it was admin that pulled it off
stuart f. wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:46 am

Yes it was me! Cool
I'm hooking up the cable this morning, I'll update if it works!

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stuart f. wright on Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 am

Admin wrote:Yes it was me! Cool
I'm hooking up the cable this morning, I'll update if it works!
did you ever get the cable hooked up and working .it looks like a very nice car from your pics.
stuart f. wright

Back to top Go down

Post  87-944S on Sun May 12, 2013 10:05 am

Saw this car in person a month ago, very nice car, unique color. Eric is the nicest guy you could ever meet. Very Happy
87-944S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top