944Hybrids: 924/944/968 and 928 V8 Conversions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOW TO DO AN ADVANCED SEARCH.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm by Admin

For the benefit of 944Hybrids users there are two search functions available for you to use.
The purpose of this sticky is to explain the "Advanced Search" function because it is much more powerful and is the best choice when researching information.

When you log on to the site a list of options is shown in a line at the top of the page. One option is labelled "Search", use this option (NOT the search box lower down on the right).

After you click on the upper search option, a drop down box appears. At the bottom of this box is a radio button marked "Advanced …

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Fesler Saratoga Top
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm by JW1970

» Ray's 1987 944 LS1 Build & Swap
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm by JW1970

» LS 982 5speed project here
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am by Raymond-P

» LT1 Spark Plug make and model
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm by Rob44

» 928 5-speed kit
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm by LS982

» HYDRAULIC THROWOUT/RELEASE BEARING NOT ENGAGING FULLY
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 8:45 am by gwistrup

» Slave Cylinder Spacing from Clutch Fingers
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am by lowform

» WANTED: 948 Conversion Manual
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 1:52 pm by Elskeptico

» FS 1989 Transmission for 944
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 10:02 am by 87roadracer

» Honda k24 swap
Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:00 am by 89EFhatch

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now

+2
Admin
Red944ls1
6 posters

Go down

Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  Empty Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now

Post  Red944ls1 Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:23 pm

So after a long 4 months -- I have had to stop project. The shop completing the work and I could not see eye to eye on things and the worker that was doing the job resigned. So I decided to bring my car home. There is still much to be completed in order for me to be able to drive it. It has no brakes, the hydraulic lines are needed for the power steering, the ac lines are absent, the fuel lines need to be run, i need the headers installed, the wiring is not 100% complete, the radiator is not installed, the transmissions coupling is not secure, the hydroboost setup is not completely installed....there are just so many items that are not done.

Ill finish it somehow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Red944ls1

Back to top Go down

Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  Empty Re: Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now

Post  Admin Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Send it to me and I'll have it finished in just a couple of weeks..... Very Happy

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.TexasPerformanceConcepts.com

Back to top Go down

Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  Empty Re: Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now

Post  948 Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Where is the car located now?

Back to top Go down

Sad Story - I have to stop my build for now  Empty Sad Story

Post  Red944ls1 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:54 pm

I am in Richmond, VA -- I have been trying to do things myself. The folks on the board have been more than helpful. Currently I am working on Fuel and Hydroboost. I ended up doing away with the Banjo fitting at the fuel pump -- I am now working on the power steering -- Trying to figure out where/how I will run the lines. There are two banjo fittings on the steering rack -- I am trying to figure out what to do with -- They originally ran to the the PS Pump I believe -- but with me having the BMW hydro boost system I think one line will go to the hydroboost and the other will go to the reservoir. ( I believe) The issue will be what connections will I use. Do I have to use the banjo or can I use other AN fittings?

Red944ls1

Back to top Go down

Post  zeusrotty Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:48 pm

It sounds like all of the hard things have been done. Just work slowly and think it all through. I am basically re-doing the one I bought because a bunch of things were half assed or the parts were outdated and not up to snuff. (custom half ass welds on the oil pan wept and the uprights were coming apart) So i am learning the build as I take things apart and then coming up with better ways to do things. There are a ton of cool options out there. Or send it to Eric cause he knows it all.

zeusrotty

Back to top Go down

Post  GudmundurGeir Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Admin wrote:Send it to me and I'll have it finished in just a couple of weeks..... Very Happy

If I buy you a airplane ticket to Iceland and back can you finish mine Very Happy

GudmundurGeir

Back to top Go down

Post  v8944 Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 pm

I will be back in Bowie MD first thing in June, I would be entirely willing to help as much as possible. I'm not extremely familiar with LS1's, but i've done a LOT of work on my swapper, as well as helped others with their various custom/swapped vehicles. My strengths are wiring, welding (particularly exhaust, but I also built my own oil pan and motor mount uprights) and mechanical engine work. I have not done a hydroboost setup myself but I have seen them and read a lot about them, and would be willing to help out with your setup...i'm very mechanically inclined and willing to figure anything out on a car, because chances are I will end up doing it on mine eventually.

PM me if you want to work something out for the summer, that is if you are still working on it then!
Ethan
v8944
v8944

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum